ESPN Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ESPN in November 2012.

Had a phone interview 1st, an onsite interview the next day and was hired on the 3rd day! Unheard of these days but the way it was before 9/11 and how it should still be. Old school rules!

Very easy and pleasant.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at ESPN in March 2009.

Very competitive applicants, but interview was mostly behavioral with a bit of sports trivia.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ESPN in March 2012.

The level of communication throughout the entire process was fantastic. ESPN responded to my online application in a timely manner. I started with a phone interview within a week of the initial contact. I was then flown to NYC for an interview with several people. My HR contact made all of my travel arrangements. All expenses were covered except parking at the airport. The next step was an interview at the Bristol location. Once again, all my expenses were covered. They could not have made the process any easier.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when one individual asked my to solve a technical issue they were having, without my seeing the system. I am a visual person so this was very challenging.   Answer Question

The cost of benefits was too great given the salary they offered. Otherwise, I would have jumped at the chance to work with them.

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warren, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, CT

The process took a day - interviewed at ESPN in June 2012.

The interviewer asked me
    1) What class I have used for the creating the UI?
    2) Asked about my app, what are main classes used?
    3)What I have used for debugging the app (adb or DDMS or logcat)
    4) What I know about ESPN sports channel and its circulation and other sports, Guy was a B.A(known from his linkedin profile) not sure if he was looking for a techie or a sportsman.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at ESPN in May 2011.

It was thorough and comprised of many different elements. An in-person case, a take home case, questions about elements of the 10ks.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate harder than I did for my salary. Negotiation is critical

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

The process took a day - interviewed at ESPN in May 2012.

I sent my resume and an electronic application to the company in March. By April I received an initial call asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was with the top production employees at ESPN. The interview went well it was relaxed and the staff seemed nice. They just asked what I liked about production and sports. Good interview overall.

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at ESPN in February 2012.

Great interview, relaxed and straight forward, however the job ended up not being funded and was therefore not filled.

Graphic Developer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at ESPN in January 2012.

I interview with the Creative Director. He was the most down to earth person ever. It was the best interview I've ever had and even though I did not get the job I came away with a positive feeling. I wish all interviewers would take a class from this guy.

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ESPN in January 2011.

I am not interested in sports, but found it interesting to imagine myself working on a complex sports web site as a designer and information architect. The recruiter pumped me up a lot to ESPN, and ESPN picked me up in a limo in Manhattan, and drove me out to Connecticut to meet the web design team. Abut four people interviewed me, and everyone was really nice and asked great questions. I left with a distinct feeling that the job was mine if I were to press harder, but the football, baseball, basketball, and hockey culture at ESPN just did nothing for me, and I knew that I couldn't do much for them if my heart wasn't in love with sports. Two days later I called and told them this, they respected my decision, and that was that.

Stats and Information Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ESPN in June 2011.

You have to take a sports knowledge test and then an HR person called. They just asked basic questions about what your strengths and weaknesses were, why you want to intern there, etc. They were nice. I was just nervous. It was my dream place to work! My advice: Don't be nervous and don't ramble.

Interview Questions
    • If Alex Rodriguez got traded to the Red Sox, what stats would you use to tell the story?   Answer Question