ESPN

2.9

Digital Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at ESPN in September 2012.

Took a long time to hear back from them after initial interview

PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ESPN in August 2012.

very intense interview sessions and knowledge based questions

Promotions Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ESPN in July 2012.

The hiring process was very easy. I submitted my resume via email. They called me to come in for an interview at a time I preferred. The questions were very easy. They asked about my past experience and why I was excited about the position. I received the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very conversational interview. The questions were not difficult.   Answer Question

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, CT

The process took a dayinterviewed at ESPN in June 2012.

The interviewer asked me
    1) What class I have used for the creating the UI?
    2) Asked about my app, what are main classes used?
    3)What I have used for debugging the app (adb or DDMS or logcat)
    4) What I know about ESPN sports channel and its circulation and other sports, Guy was a B.A(known from his linkedin profile) not sure if he was looking for a techie or a sportsman.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

The process took a dayinterviewed at ESPN in May 2012.

I sent my resume and an electronic application to the company in March. By April I received an initial call asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was with the top production employees at ESPN. The interview went well it was relaxed and the staff seemed nice. They just asked what I liked about production and sports. Good interview overall.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ESPN in March 2012.

The level of communication throughout the entire process was fantastic. ESPN responded to my online application in a timely manner. I started with a phone interview within a week of the initial contact. I was then flown to NYC for an interview with several people. My HR contact made all of my travel arrangements. All expenses were covered except parking at the airport. The next step was an interview at the Bristol location. Once again, all my expenses were covered. They could not have made the process any easier.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when one individual asked my to solve a technical issue they were having, without my seeing the system. I am a visual person so this was very challenging.   Answer Question

The cost of benefits was too great given the salary they offered. Otherwise, I would have jumped at the chance to work with them.

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ESPN in February 2012.

Great interview, relaxed and straight forward, however the job ended up not being funded and was therefore not filled.

Graphic Developer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at ESPN in January 2012.

I interview with the Creative Director. He was the most down to earth person ever. It was the best interview I've ever had and even though I did not get the job I came away with a positive feeling. I wish all interviewers would take a class from this guy.

Systems Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ESPN in November 2011.

The first thing they did was call me to conduct a phone interview. These were basic interview questions. Then I received an in person interview at their headquarters. They then take you to your building and the hiring manager talks you and conducts interview with two other managers.

Technical Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ESPN in October 2011.

the entire interview process was normal and expected... until the end. Did the initial phone screen with HR, then a phone call with someone in the management chain. All went well, so about 2 weeks after the initial calls, the in-person interview was scheduled with 3 people. Parking in their garage in Seattle was $31, and when I made a comment about the high cost of parking for 3 hours, the first person just laughed and said it was paid for full-timers (I was actually expecting validation, but I blew it off and laughed along with him, no biggie).
    Anyway, met with he first person, things went well, we seemed to hit it off. Met the 2nd person, things went OK, seemed like we missed connecting a bit, but I've had far worse interviews in my life. Met the 3rd person and got a strange vibe form the start. He seemed intimidated, and was clearly uncomfortable. It was weird to say the least. No biggie, it happens, and I did not get the job, as you might imagine.
    It was not a big deal, but the thing that chapped my hide more than anything was the fact that they told me they would make a decision within a few days, and then never got back with me! I sent one email every Thursday for 4 weeks straight asking for a status update (I knew I didn't get the job, but expected confirmation because, who really knows until they say No, right?).
    I never heard back from anyone so after 4 weeks I contacted HR, and of course they said no dice.
    I can tell you that even if the interview was that bad (which I do not think it was, as I've been the interviewer and the interviewee many times in my professional career), the LEAST they could have done was let me know I was no longer being considered. Totally unprofessional. I'm a big boy, I can handle bad news. To not tell someone the status of an interview after they've made an emotional, financial and time commitment is just about the worst thing a company can do, and ESPN/Disney would be ashamed if they knew they have employees who think this is OK. Karma comes around 2X, so I'm not losing any sleep, but be wary of the interview process with ESPN/Disney in Seattle.