ESPN Production Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online but didn't hear back until I had a reference forward my resume along to the head of the content associate program. First step was a phone interview, then two written assignments, then they flew me and some other candidates out to Bristol for two days. First day we shadowed PAs cutting highlights. Second day we were separately interviewed by 5 different people and tested on what we had learned - some were activities (writing highlights, pitching show ideas) and some were more conversational. I even had to speak Spanish to one interviewer. In the end they said they didn't hire me because they didn't think I would be happy living in Bristol and they weren't sure I was passionate enough about production to stay in the program.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite internship in college?   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
  • How would you critique ESPN's reporting on the FIFA scandal and the Caitlyn Jenner news?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ESPN

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT).

Interview

Phone interview that included a sports quiz In person interview: They fly you out to their HQ in Bristol, CT. 4 different people interview you. Includes a question/answer portion, sports knowledge/ writing portion, rundown producing and a situation portion.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you got through it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I interviewed at ESPN (Orlando, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy going. The initial communications was much to be expected of an interview which were what are you looking for in this job and basically what can I bring to the table. They asked me about my areas of expertise and questioned me about what I really knew.

Interview Questions

• The most technical question was actually a little test they had prepared for me to fill out which was about various team sports ranging from hockey to soccer.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

I was supposed to get called for an interview but that never happened and i was really confused about that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in May 2012.

Interview

I sent my resume and an electronic application to the company in March. By April I received an initial call asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was with the top production employees at ESPN. The interview went well it was relaxed and the staff seemed nice. They just asked what I liked about production and sports. Good interview overall.

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ESPN in January 2012.

Interview

I received a phone call from an HR Manager. Then, I had a phone interview. Two months later I received a phone call for an interview in person. After this, I got an offer two months later. Try to be yourself and tell your story smoothly. Explain them what your goals are, what would you like to learn, and how you can help the company.

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in October 2011.

Interview

I was asked a series of questions, mainly about sports. I also got a set of questions on paper that I had to answer by writing down my responses. I watched one sequence from a baseball game and got asked how I would go about putting together a highlight of that based on what happened -- what would I include, what information can I use based on what took place and also what the announcers were saying.

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN in June 2011.

Interview

The process was a series of phone calls basically inquiring about your sports knowledge and what your thought process would be when producing a highlight for a sport of your liking. It basically was a test of how broad your sports knowledge was. What players play for what team, what team won a championship in a certain year and various questions like that.

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESPN in October 2009.

Interview

I was selected from a group of candidates to be interviewed during a college recruitment session through my university career center. I submitted my resume in September and interviewed about a month later in October on campus. I interviewed for ESPN Deportes and ESPN studio production. The interview was 1:1 and focused mainly on my educational and professional experience with a portion of the interview being in spanish. I was asked basic sports related questions about tennis, soccer, basketball, etc. and it lasted about 45 minutes. I thought the interview went really well and felt comfortable throughout but unfortunately never heard back from them. I would recommend brushing up on any sports and current story lines that you may not follow regularly including international.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a story regarding your international experience in Spanish.   Answer Question