ESPN

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ESPN in November 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview 1st, an onsite interview the next day and was hired on the 3rd day! Unheard of these days but the way it was before 9/11 and how it should still be. Old school rules!

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy and pleasant.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at ESPN in October 2009.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through their online system in Aug, and by end of Sept I had a request for an interview. Keep in mind, the initial interview is done via HR and it's not necessarily long but very succinct.

She asked basic questions, my experience with sports and with certain sporting affiliations. Once that interview was over, I waited almost another month prior to hearing anything (even with follow up) simply because the next person who needed to interview my was a Vice President of a certain division. So that interview was less than 25 minutes (also on the phone) Questions asked: problem solving questions, what I think about hs sports and females in HS sports. These questions were obviously directed to a new venture ESPN is undertaking. Although I thought the interview went well, perhaps I was not the right fit (i..e not sports oriented enough) for role they were looking to fill as my repeated attempts to follow up with HR have gone unreturned for status updates. It is after all ESPN, there were probably 100 applicants....(and around the time of the Steve Phillips situation!!)

I was definitely appreciative of the fact that I made it to the second round of interviewing. At least I am on the right track :-)

Interview Question – What type of females affiliations or groups are you involved in? Or have been involved in   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at ESPN

Worked for ESPN? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ESPN Project Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by ESPN employees and interview candidates.