ESPN Software Engineer II Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bristol, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ESPN in April 2013.

A few phone interviews then fly into Bristol for a day of interviews. Similar questions to other sofware compaines. Not as difficult as amazon/google/other silicon valley big boys, but tougher than software consulting firms. Some sports questions as well to gauge interest in sports. Dont fake your way through the sports questions, much better to admit if you dont care about sports, its not a big deal people just dont want to work with a fabricator. I didnt do any negotiating with the offer

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ESPN

Software Engineer II Interview

I did not get to the interview process. The recruiter insisted that I would have to reveal my salary history prior to moving forward in the process. My personal policy is never to do this, and almost all recruiters eventually respect this. From this recruiter, I got this load of bull:

"...I discussed our conversation with my superiors. Unfortunately in order to proceed I would at least need your salary history. The rationale is that we need to be sure we are placing people who fit appropriately with the how the other members of the team are compensated, that we will be able to give appropriate raises and that we will be able to retain talent for an extended period. From a recruitment perspective we are generally trying to push the needle up for salaries so we can get the best talent in the door."

Interview Questions

Worked for ESPN? Contribute to the Community!