ESPN Statistics Analyst Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ESPN.

The interview questions were reasonable and straight forward, but the Sports Assessment test was more challenging that I had anticipated because of the time limit that the system imposes upon the interviewee. Although I thought I had a reasonable amount of sports knowledge, I learned that there is much more to follow if I want to work as a statistics analyst.

Interview Questions
  • Explain three major front line stories in _______ conference in the past week.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ESPN

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ESPN in March 2013.

Applied on campus and interviewed on campus. Interview was pretty straightforward - we discussed sports and I was asked about how much I knew about advanced statistics and ESPN. If you are well-versed in these fields, as I was, you should be fine. Afterwards, I was told to apply online and complete a sports quiz which was pretty simple. After following up with the interviewer, I was told I could expect to hear back regarding the next round within a month. It's been almost three and I've heard nothing.

Interview Questions
    • Hypothetical question about what type of TV Graphic you'd make given a certain news item   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

The process took a dayinterviewed at ESPN in May 2010.

Just a bunch of sports knowledge questions. I failed to remember who the last NHL Stanley Cup winner was and that pretty much ended my interview.

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ESPN in July 2009.

Be prepared for lots of sports trivia! I had two basic questions about why I applied and why I wanted to work there. Then they asked about my sports knowledge with questions like:
    Which NFL QB has thrown for the most touchdowns?
    What are the 4 major golf tournaments?
    Who is the winningest NCAA basketball coach?
    Name two Lakers besides Kobe
    How is ERA calculated?

and the one that effectively ended the interview for me:
    Name the last 5 Heisman winners and their schools.

Interview Questions
    • Name the last 5 Heisman Trophy winners and their schools.   View Answer