EVRAZ North America

Updated Oct 20, 2014

3.3

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EVRAZ North America.

The first part of the process was a phone interview with the direct hiring manager. The next part of the process was an in-person interview on site with 4 people: the hiring manager, the hiring manager's boss, one of the hiring manager's peers, and an HR representative. The interview style was very conversational and expanding on the skills and experiences you described in your resume. The HR representative asked more behavorial type questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions came from the HR Representative and was "Name three things you contine to work on".   Answer Question
    I'm happy to say negotiations did take place and the company was willing to negotitate.

FP&A Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EVRAZ North America in May 2014.

The position has a 2 step interview process. Initially meet with an HR representative and went over high level fit questions, what are your goals, how do you handle controversy, etc... An entrepreneurial mind set is very well perceived at this point. Second interview was very informal and relaxed. Went over the CV and highlighted skills and prior accomplishments. Knowing your way around excel is critical, and know the difference between the financial statements and how they are interconnected.

Interview Questions
    • How would you find out how many coins are in a mall at any given time?   View Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EVRAZ North America in March 2014.

Initially had 3 phone interviews before being flown to Pueblo, CO for face to face interview. Phone interviews were with CIO in Chicago and other IT managers at Canadian plants. Face to Face interview was with CIO, Plant General Manager and a senior IT engineer together in a conference room. Questions were general background on management experience and technical background.

Interview Questions
    The offer exceeded my expectation and was 15% more than I was making at previous employers. The relocation package was exceptionally generous.

Senior Financial Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at EVRAZ North America in March 2014.

Overall I found the hiring and interview process to be a positive one.

I initially had a 1:1 phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Following this I had a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager and a HR Manager. After that I had a final phone interview. I found the interview process covered a range of question categories from behavioral to questions on previous experience. I felt I was given a lot of opportunity to display my previous experience and the skills I possess. I also received great insight into the role and the company throughout the interview process and was given plenty of opportunities to ask any questions I had.

The entire hiring process was extremely well organised and communicated throughout.

IT Security and Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EVRAZ North America in February 2014.

I submitted my resume to the organization and within 48 hours the Manger of Talent Acquisition contacted me for an initial screen. She was very personable and professional and spent nearly a 1/2 hour on the phone learning about my background, interests and explaining the culture of the organization. This attention to detail calmed the nervousness I had about interviewing aside and instead, motivated me to want to work for the organization.

Interview Questions
    • The questions in my interview were fairly boiler plate, however I was surprised when the Interviewer dove right into describing his vision for the organization and my role in particular. At that point it became a two-way dialogue, a mix of shop talk and philosophy if you will. It was my first interview of that nature and I have to say it was pleasant.   Answer Question
    Yes. I would say that in my case the organization was very fair and when stuck to my guns on what I was looking for they accommodated me. That wasn't the case in the other job I was offered, which made me feel better about my choice in the end.

Crane Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EVRAZ North America.

hired in one mill and moved to another. just use common sense. dress nice but not too nice, this isnt wall street, its a steel mill. look in eye, be honest.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EVRAZ North America in February 2013.

Meet the recruiter at the job fair of our school, schedule an on-campus interview next day. Most are just behavior question. Nothing technical.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EVRAZ North America in July 2012.

- Found job posting on LinkedIn and applied online
    - Recruiter setup interview with Manager
    - Didn't hear back

Credit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EVRAZ North America in February 2011.

Initial phone interview for screening and culture fit
    In person interview was pretty straight forward, walk through of resume along with pre-set questions

Recruiter set expectations upfront

Pipe TECHNICIAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person – interviewed at EVRAZ North America in August 2008.

went too 2 interviews also physicial, and blood screen