EVRAZ North America

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Pueblo, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EVRAZ North America in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initially had 3 phone interviews before being flown to Pueblo, CO for face to face interview. Phone interviews were with CIO in Chicago and other IT managers at Canadian plants. Face to Face interview was with CIO, Plant General Manager and a senior IT engineer together in a conference room. Questions were general background on management experience and technical background.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer exceeded my expectation and was 15% more than I was making at previous employers. The relocation package was exceptionally generous.

Accounting Manager Interview

Accounting Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EVRAZ North America.

Interview Details – The first part of the process was a phone interview with the direct hiring manager. The next part of the process was an in-person interview on site with 4 people: the hiring manager, the hiring manager's boss, one of the hiring manager's peers, and an HR representative. The interview style was very conversational and expanding on the skills and experiences you described in your resume. The HR representative asked more behavorial type questions.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions came from the HR Representative and was "Name three things you contine to work on".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm happy to say negotiations did take place and the company was willing to negotitate.

Senior Financial Accountant Interview

Senior Financial Accountant
Chicago, IL

I interviewed at EVRAZ North America in March 2014.

Interview Details – Overall I found the hiring and interview process to be a positive one.

I initially had a 1:1 phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Following this I had a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager and a HR Manager. After that I had a final phone interview. I found the interview process covered a range of question categories from behavioral to questions on previous experience. I felt I was given a lot of opportunity to display my previous experience and the skills I possess. I also received great insight into the role and the company throughout the interview process and was given plenty of opportunities to ask any questions I had.

The entire hiring process was extremely well organised and communicated throughout.

IT Security and Compliance Manager Interview

IT Security and Compliance Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EVRAZ North America in February 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to the organization and within 48 hours the Manger of Talent Acquisition contacted me for an initial screen. She was very personable and professional and spent nearly a 1/2 hour on the phone learning about my background, interests and explaining the culture of the organization. This attention to detail calmed the nervousness I had about interviewing aside and instead, motivated me to want to work for the organization.

Interview Question – The questions in my interview were fairly boiler plate, however I was surprised when the Interviewer dove right into describing his vision for the organization and my role in particular. At that point it became a two-way dialogue, a mix of shop talk and philosophy if you will. It was my first interview of that nature and I have to say it was pleasant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. I would say that in my case the organization was very fair and when stuck to my guns on what I was looking for they accommodated me. That wasn't the case in the other job I was offered, which made me feel better about my choice in the end.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Leadership Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EVRAZ North America in February 2013.

Interview Details – Meet the recruiter at the job fair of our school, schedule an on-campus interview next day. Most are just behavior question. Nothing technical.

Interview Question – What is your least favorite class?   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EVRAZ North America in July 2012.

Interview Details – - Found job posting on LinkedIn and applied online
- Recruiter setup interview with Manager
- Didn't hear back

Interview Question – Consulting questions on Oracle   Answer Question

Credit Interview

Credit
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EVRAZ North America in February 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview for screening and culture fit
In person interview was pretty straight forward, walk through of resume along with pre-set questions

Negotiation Details – Recruiter set expectations upfront

Co OP Human Resources Student Interview

Co OP Human Resources Student
Regina, SK (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EVRAZ North America in November 2013.

Interview Details – It took 2 week for whole process It was in university as a student i applied through university. Basically it was campus recruitment. I also underwent a drug test and background check test

Interview Question – They asked many questions. Why you choose Evraz , Why you think you are fit for this position , what was the most difficult situation you handled and how , do you like working in team or individual ? These were some question they asked me . I found interview was not so easy not so difficult they were good and continuously taking notes whatever i m talking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As i was a Co op Student my salary was fix there was no room to discuss salary and i was not given any benefits

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at EVRAZ North America

Interview Details – Apply it as one of my internship, wait about 2 weeks for the interview. Most of time are behavior question, a few technical question but not hard at all. People who interviewed me are nice.

Interview Question – biggest weak point   Answer Question

Worked for EVRAZ North America? Contribute to the Community!