EVRAZ North America Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

3.1

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America.

Interview

Got a phone call then scheduled the interview at the office. Had the interview with the HR, then a conversation with an engineer, finally the plant tour with another engineer. The whole process from the interview to hiring took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very easy basically about previous experiences.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America (Rolla, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

It was fairly laid back and easy. I sat down in front of an HR rep and a Metallurgical Engineer. They asked me fairly straight forward questions. They asked if I would be willing to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time in which you had to overcome a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were quite unorganized but I ended up getting a great offer from them.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The first part of the process was a phone interview with the direct hiring manager. The next part of the process was an in-person interview on site with 4 people: the hiring manager, the hiring manager's boss, one of the hiring manager's peers, and an HR representative. The interview style was very conversational and expanding on the skills and experiences you described in your resume. The HR representative asked more behavorial type questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions came from the HR Representative and was "Name three things you contine to work on".   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm happy to say negotiations did take place and the company was willing to negotitate.

FP&A Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America in May 2014.

Interview

The position has a 2 step interview process. Initially meet with an HR representative and went over high level fit questions, what are your goals, how do you handle controversy, etc... An entrepreneurial mind set is very well perceived at this point. Second interview was very informal and relaxed. Went over the CV and highlighted skills and prior accomplishments. Knowing your way around excel is critical, and know the difference between the financial statements and how they are interconnected.

Interview Questions

• How would you find out how many coins are in a mall at any given time?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America in April 2014.

Interview

Multiple steps interview process, went through 6 phone interviews before final in-person interview. Candidate is interviewed by each divisional head. They would like to know how candidate approaches to business issue and what value they can bring to organization.

Senior Financial Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at EVRAZ North America (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Overall I found the hiring and interview process to be a positive one. I initially had a 1:1 phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Following this I had a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager and a HR Manager. After that I had a final phone interview. I found the interview process covered a range of question categories from behavioral to questions on previous experience. I felt I was given a lot of opportunity to display my previous experience and the skills I possess. I also received great insight into the role and the company throughout the interview process and was given plenty of opportunities to ask any questions I had. The entire hiring process was extremely well organised and communicated throughout.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America (Pueblo, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Initially had 3 phone interviews before being flown to Pueblo, CO for face to face interview. Phone interviews were with CIO in Chicago and other IT managers at Canadian plants. Face to Face interview was with CIO, Plant General Manager and a senior IT engineer together in a conference room. Questions were general background on management experience and technical background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer exceeded my expectation and was 15% more than I was making at previous employers. The relocation package was exceptionally generous.

IT Security and Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the organization and within 48 hours the Manger of Talent Acquisition contacted me for an initial screen. She was very personable and professional and spent nearly a 1/2 hour on the phone learning about my background, interests and explaining the culture of the organization. This attention to detail calmed the nervousness I had about interviewing aside and instead, motivated me to want to work for the organization.

Interview Questions

• The questions in my interview were fairly boiler plate, however I was surprised when the Interviewer dove right into describing his vision for the organization and my role in particular. At that point it became a two-way dialogue, a mix of shop talk and philosophy if you will. It was my first interview of that nature and I have to say it was pleasant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. I would say that in my case the organization was very fair and when stuck to my guns on what I was looking for they accommodated me. That wasn't the case in the other job I was offered, which made me feel better about my choice in the end.

Several Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process is just going through the motions. They put you were they need a body. After asking around most of the staff questioned their assign positions based on their work experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied on my schools job board. Heard back quickly and interview was smooth. Mostly general questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Heard back within one-two weeks about my offer. Pretty straightforward process. Got it via a email/call from HR.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company? Why Evraz? Basic finance questions...experience with excel, questions like that.   Answer Question