EXCO Resources

5 candidate interviews

Landman Interview

Landman
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EXCO Resources in March 2010.

Interview Details – After applying through University recruiting, I received a call from the HR contact who setup on on campus interview. I met on campus with my (future) supervisor and he conducted a formal interview. Within a week I received an offer and started at EXCO about one month later. The process was very easy and organized.

Interview Question – What is your understanding of Louisiana Mineral Law as it relates to pooling and unitization?   Answer Question

GeoTech Interview

GeoTech
Warrendale, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EXCO Resources in August 2011.

Interview Details – Standard

Interview Question – How do i handle being behind a desk all day?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Geoscience Interview

Geoscience

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EXCO Resources in March 2010.

Interview Details – HR contacted. All day interview. No skills test.

Interview Question – Background   Answer Question

Landman Interview

Landman

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EXCO Resources in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very unorganized and offer took a long time.

Interview Question – They just asked about my experience, what I wanted to do etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes - I did ask for a salary and got it

Intern Engineer Interview

Intern Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at EXCO Resources in April 2010.

Interview Details – Human Resources Manager and Drilling Engineer asked questions pertaining to skills that could be applied to there line of work. They discussed the job oppurtunty and what type of project it would entail. Very nice people, except it felt like they were not very interested in offering me the internship.

Interview Question – Describe a project that you have done where you had to work with a group and how you managed and executed a soltution.   View Answer

Worked for EXCO Resources? Contribute to the Community!