EXFO Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.7

Testing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EXFO (Pune (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

sent resume to hr he called me said you expection is to high i said we will manage then he arraged technical round interview was eassy but they have required pure network performance testing engineer

Technical Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EXFO in June 2014.

Interview

Through naukri.com was shortlisted by HR team for interview. After that, there were 2 rounds of technical interview. One with Sr. Manager and another with Director. After clearing both, had a interview via Skype with Canada team.

Interview Questions

• detailed architecture of the current project in technical terms   Answer Question

Senior Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EXFO (Concord, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Found the job post in linkedin. Applied and got email request from HR for interview. The interview was 2 parts, first with the hiring manager for one hour, then with the HR person for another 1/2 hour. Hiring manager asked questions based on resume, some behavioural, some technical details of the past projects. In the end, it seems he was just try to spend the rest one hour time by going back and forth of the resume to find questions to ask -- with was not a good sign so I started asking him questions and explain what I did before match the expertise they are looking for. The HR manager came in later explain the company, the benefit and others, sounds very positive of the hiring, she even promised a feedback regardless a job offer or not for all those came to the interview, which I waited and never got one. In the end, I believe the people in the headquarter in QC have the final say.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. I guess the manager is more on the management side than technical side.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EXFO (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I initially applied on their website and got a call back from HR. There were 2 different onsite interviews. The first onsite interview consisted of HR and technical questions. The second interview consisted about your past project/work experiences and what you know. Very easy interview. Here are some of the questions I got:

What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class?
    What is polymorphism?
    What is a virtual function?
    What is the difference between overloading and overriding?
    What does it mean to "throw new exception"?
    What is the difference between finally and dispose in C#?
    What is a singleton and how to implement it?
    What is a delegate and how to implement it in C++?

Interview Questions

• Nothing was hard just read an interview programming book and all the questions come from there.   Answer Question

Custom Architect Interview

Interview

interviewed by 2 people

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EXFO in March 2012.

Interview

Interview process is very simple in EXFO. First round is a telephonic round of technical questions for 30mins to 1 hr max. Then a manager round. Manager round basically a face to face or VC round. In Manager round high level skills, previous project details and salary negotiation basically done.

Interview Questions

• technical questions basically comes from area where you have done your job. What kind of algo used and some basic algo.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Too difficult to negotiate. variable percentage is big than other company.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EXFO in October 2011.

Interview

The first phone interview was with the VP of HR. The interview was very professional and informative. HR was very thorough.
    The next set of phone interviews were with VP's of different groups/departments. Again the interviews were conducted in a very professional and informative manner.
    The final interview was with a Sales VP in person at an EXFO location. The office was very nicely set up and clean. The people were all very nice, courteous and professional. The interview was conducted in a very professional manner in a comfortable setting. The questions were fair and challenging as expected.
    The VP of HR followed up after they made their final decision to share feedback from the process.
    Overall a very nice experience with what appears to be a wonderful company.

Interview Questions

• Explain all of the reasons why you are contemplating leaving your current employer.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EXFO in September 2011.

Interview

Started with HR phone interview, first interview consists of five 1:1 interview with people will work with.
    Second interview consists of phone interviews and three more 1:1 interview.

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EXFO in March 2011.

Interview

Interview process was good

Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EXFO (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2010.

Interview

I had an initial contact with H.R via phone. We basically talked briefly about my qualification and the job position. I was then invited to a one-on-one meeting with H.R, the group manager and a technical manager. We had a chat followed by some technical questions and questions about my experienced.

A few days later, I received another call and was invited to meet H.R and the group manager for an offer. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a previous coding experience where I could not meet my objectives. What were they, what did I do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation since I had little experience.