EXFO

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Designer Interview

Senior Software Designer
Concord, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EXFO in January 2014.

Interview Details – Found the job post in linkedin. Applied and got email request from HR for interview. The interview was 2 parts, first with the hiring manager for one hour, then with the HR person for another 1/2 hour. Hiring manager asked questions based on resume, some behavioural, some technical details of the past projects. In the end, it seems he was just try to spend the rest one hour time by going back and forth of the resume to find questions to ask -- with was not a good sign so I started asking him questions and explain what I did before match the expertise they are looking for. The HR manager came in later explain the company, the benefit and others, sounds very positive of the hiring, she even promised a feedback regardless a job offer or not for all those came to the interview, which I waited and never got one. In the end, I believe the people in the headquarter in QC have the final say.

Interview Question – Nothing specific. I guess the manager is more on the management side than technical side.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EXFO.

Interview Details – I initially applied on their website and got a call back from HR. There were 2 different onsite interviews. The first onsite interview consisted of HR and technical questions. The second interview consisted about your past project/work experiences and what you know. Very easy interview. Here are some of the questions I got:

What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class?
What is polymorphism?
What is a virtual function?
What is the difference between overloading and overriding?
What does it mean to "throw new exception"?
What is the difference between finally and dispose in C#?
What is a singleton and how to implement it?
What is a delegate and how to implement it in C++?

Interview Question – Nothing was hard just read an interview programming book and all the questions come from there.   Answer Question

Custom Architect Interview

Custom Architect

Interviewed at EXFO

Interview Details – interviewed by 2 people

Interview Question – needed extermly good domain knowledge   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EXFO in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process is very simple in EXFO. First round is a telephonic round of technical questions for 30mins to 1 hr max. Then a manager round. Manager round basically a face to face or VC round. In Manager round high level skills, previous project details and salary negotiation basically done.

Interview Question – technical questions basically comes from area where you have done your job. What kind of algo used and some basic algo.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Too difficult to negotiate. variable percentage is big than other company.

Quality Analyst Interview

Quality Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EXFO in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was good

Interview Question – What is VTP, how it works   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EXFO in October 2011.

Interview Details – The first phone interview was with the VP of HR. The interview was very professional and informative. HR was very thorough.
The next set of phone interviews were with VP's of different groups/departments. Again the interviews were conducted in a very professional and informative manner.
The final interview was with a Sales VP in person at an EXFO location. The office was very nicely set up and clean. The people were all very nice, courteous and professional. The interview was conducted in a very professional manner in a comfortable setting. The questions were fair and challenging as expected.
The VP of HR followed up after they made their final decision to share feedback from the process.
Overall a very nice experience with what appears to be a wonderful company.

Interview Question – Explain all of the reasons why you are contemplating leaving your current employer.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EXFO in September 2011.

Interview Details – Started with HR phone interview, first interview consists of five 1:1 interview with people will work with.
Second interview consists of phone interviews and three more 1:1 interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about Ethernet?   View Answer

Software Specialist Interview

Software Specialist
Montreal, QC (Canada)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at EXFO in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had an initial contact with H.R via phone. We basically talked briefly about my qualification and the job position. I was then invited to a one-on-one meeting with H.R, the group manager and a technical manager. We had a chat followed by some technical questions and questions about my experienced.

A few days later, I received another call and was invited to meet H.R and the group manager for an offer. I accepted.

Interview Question – Describe a previous coding experience where I could not meet my objectives. What were they, what did I do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation since I had little experience.

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EXFO in February 2009.

Interview Details – got call, came to office for 2 interviews in 3 weeks and got a call back

Interview Question – Describe past experiences   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EXFO in July 2009.

Interview Details – it was simple 2 rounds of telephonic interview and then face to face with 2 different people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – ask maximum salary as after joining employee has to go through night-mares

Worked for EXFO? Contribute to the Community!