EY Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

3.1

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied throuh campus recruiting. First round on-campus one on one interview with an audit partner. It was laid back and conversational. Second round was on-site. Two interviews with a manager and a partner. All behavirol questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

The whole interview took place in the heart of time square. Some staff took us out for lunch, which was pretty relaxing. The interview was actually pretty casual. The interviewers asked me some really common questions and I felt comfortable answering them. They notified me of the result in a pretty timely fashion.

Interview Questions

• How do you want me to describe you at the end of this interview?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EY in October 2009.

Interview

It was a very detailed process. They treated me well, put me up in a hotel. It was not an easy interview, lots of technical questions, seems like they would work staff very hard but what do you expect from big 4. I decided to go with another firm after all was said and done.

Accounting Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

The one on one interview itself was everything I had been told to expect. It consisted of a lot of questions of my personality and experiences I had in the past. Most of them focused on group work and wanted to see how well I worked with others. The interviewer also described the job role thoroughly and wanted to make sure I had fully understood what position they were interviewing me for.

Overall it was a great interview and really what I had expected - personality and group experiences. Unfortunately I was not lucky enough to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a hard decision in a group environment.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Know about the business, what it takes to pass the ACA exams, and what it means to work as part of an audit team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple, but inflexible.

Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. The interviewer was a Senior Manager. It was basically going over my resume and a few situational type questions.

Accountant Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2011.

Interview

Online Application.

Know your NEWS before you go for the interview. They like you to be informed about current affairs.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview

I was invited to the first round of interviews and the social. He told me to tell him about myself and if I had any questions.... for 45 minutes.

Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview

I was asked a serious of behavior questions, etc. They asked me about how well I worked in teams (both good and bad experiences of teams), what were some of my academic goals. Extracurricular activities was another area that was of interest to my interviewer. Overall the experience was very rewarding and was done in a very professional manner.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in April 2010.

Interview

The people were very friendly.
    Looks like there is a lot of gender balance.
    Tried to put me at ease.
    They actually treated you well, escorted you to the reception.
    interview was one on one
    relax before you go for the interview...have enough rest..be yourself..you can check wikijob.co.uk for people's experiences...That was really beneficial for me. Lastly, I believe in the uncommon favor of God and that is what landed me the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your career and life goals?   1 Answer