EY

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting an initial phone interview, then final round in office. Consisted of three 45 minute interviews two behavioral and one case.

Interview Question – Case interview SWOT analysis of a companies risk profile   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Advisory Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I was referred by an alum of my program because they don't recruit directly in my school. First interview was purely behavioral, with pretty standard questions. Then they flew me to Denver for a half-day session - the office is great with an amazing view of the Rockies! There were 4 in total:
- Behavioral - People: Focused on relationships, leadership, teamwork
- Behavioral - Quality: Focused on attention to detail, processes, and organizational tools
- Group Presentation: case study type, focused on team work and collaboration
- Case Interview: pretty standard, important to focus on proper framework and logical process

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to make a decision quickly.   View Answer

Advisory Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I attended the on-campus recruiting information session and got an interview on campus. The first round lasts for 20-30 minutes. Interviewer is an associate in NY office. He asked lots of behavioral questions and specifically focused on resume.

Advisory Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2012.

Interview Details – First round interview was over the phone and lasted roughly 20-30 minutes. The interviewer asked me to tell me about a couple of things on my resume, then began to ask behavioral interview questions: tell me about a time you worked in a team, what was your biggest challenge, etc. Interviewer then gave me time at the end to ask questions.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview took place on campus, it was very straight forward and I was asked very basic behavioral questions. Second round of interviews were held at their office in McLean.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – 1. On-campus interview (1:1 behavioral)
2. In-office superday (two 1:1 behaviorals, 1 writing assessment, and 1 45-min case study)

Interview Question – what areas of the financial world do you think FSO advisory can expand into and how?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-existent

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in November 2010.

Interview Details – I originally got the interview through my college's on campus career fair. Once then, I got accepted to interview on campus. Had the on campus interview which went well, very laid back, I got an email about 4 weeks later stating that I was accepted to the 2nd round. I was then flown out to New York to interview on a Super Day. The interview took all day (2 behavioral based interviews with partners, a written case interview with another partner and a business writing sample). I found out if I got accepted 4 weeks later.

Interview Question – Tell about yourself? What sets you apart from the rest? Tell me something important not on your resume? The rest of the time I just walked through my resume and they asked questions as I went down the list.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate my intern offer

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for the summer advisory intern position through the university's career center. Had a 45 minutes interview on campus with one of the managers. Very friendly and the interview mainly consisted of background and behavioral questions.

I would say the whole process was more like a friendly discussions of our personal experiences (yes, the manager talked a lot about himself too), perspectives on the company, work cultures, future plans etc

Interview Question – Name 2 people that you have worked with. One that you didn't enjoy so much and the reasons why. One that you did enjoy and the reasons why   Answer Question

Advisory Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Recruited on campus and had an on campus interview. It consisted of 4 parts. Very behavioral based type questions. Questions seemed almost redundant at times.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult but make sure to have several answers available to answer very similar questions basically all asking, "Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult person or situation and how did you overcome it."   Answer Question

Advisory Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – Second Interview entails 2 interviews, 1 case study, 1 writing sample. Interviews were made to be really laid back. Case study and writing sample are fairly easy but don't underestimate it. Be enthusiastic and show that you want to be there. They also take you out to dinner and lunch which is always a plus! Good overall experience.

Interview Question – Give me 2 scenarios where you failed and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Advisory Intern interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.