EY Advisory Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2014

2.6

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Got a call from EY recruiter. Had a first screening with a HR and one with a Sr. Manager and clearing that round in the same week, was sent to NY for interview. Had a discussion with a sr manager there and while discussing with the partner found that they send me for a different dept. to interview with...disappointing...
After 2 days got a call that they want to have further discussions. they scheduled 2 interviews/screenings with managers. It went pretty well, atleast thats what i thought.. Got a call from HR after 4 days that they loved to talk to me but my profile/experience does not match what they were looking for in the position....Shouldn't they be looking into my resume first if the profile is not what they are looking for and avoid wasting time.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Advisory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

Very professional process. Recruiter contacted by phone and email, set up a quick 20 minute phone call. Very easy, more of a conversation about what I've done in the past and what I want to do in the future. This was the same format that followed with the other 6 interviews, including Partners, Senior Managers, and a couple of other Managers. They did this all over the phone, never met me in person. Super friendly and transparent. Everyone was very open about their experiences. Recruiter did a wonderful job keeping me informed every step of the way.

Made offer and asked if it was OK. It was at the very top of the band so I accepted.

Advisory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in March 2013.

Recruiter got in touch via email. Had a phone interview with a senior manager and then was invited for an in-person interview. Was interviewed for three hours by four senior managers and one partner. Overall it was a pleasant experience and was given an offer the next day. The recruiter was very prompt and handled the entire process flawlessly.

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate the salary by a little bit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in September 2012.

flew me into nyc talked with 4 people for an hour each.

Interview Questions
    • describe an end to end basel ii implementation.   View Answer
    tough. it went through a really dumb recruiting firm that refused to call me back even though i was putting money in their pocket. not sure why i couldn't deal directly with EY.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

OCR for .5 hour on campus then got invitation to the Super Day. 3 Interviews on the super day. 2 one hour Behavioral Interviews and one one hour case study. The case study is 15 pages long ang you have 15 minutes to read.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of difficuty have you expirence working with others and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview went well, the firm has been very engaged and communicative through out the process.

Interview Questions
    There is supposedly offer on the table, appears to be a tussle with regards to disclosure of information. Why does EY need a candidate's W-2 information to make a competitive offer ? Is it because they are unable to value talent ( concerning as this is an advisory firm charging for valuations) or because they like to make low ball offers to candidates?
    I am curious if others have been required to provide the same ?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at EY in September 2011.

Interview process is streamlined and straight-forward. My experience was enjoyable. I interviewed with 5 partners, and an executive director. The interviewers were really easy going and enjoyable to talk to. I recieved an offer the following Tuesday.

Interview Questions
    • What was the largest program you've managed?   View Answer
    It was easy - I had my parameters ready to go and was very forth right. The compensation package was spot on. They took my aspirations into considerable and found the approrpiate balance. It was a win-win situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

It was a speed dating. 6 interviewers with 45 minutes each. They check for body language, knowledge and attitude

Salary negotiation was very bad. They didnt agree of my requirements.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

Very well planned, interviewers know what side are going tackle each. 3 interviews in a row withough a break was tough. Interview was productiive. Very behavioral, could have entered into more technical details, which makes me wonder how interested they are in your past experience or specific knowledge of what your resume says. Interviewers are very very responsive and interested in sharing what EY stands for.

Advisory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at EY.

technical round, hr and then partner rounds are conducted. There is substantial stress given to presence of mind, presentation and earger ness to travel. Too much stress on compensation is a downside.

didnt negotiate. Was satisfied

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!