EY

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed through on-campus recruiting, and the interview was an 1 to 1 behavioral based on. Pretty simple and straightforward.

Interview Question – There is no difficult question at all.   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – 45 phone interview with experienced consultant to begin the process. Phone interview was very relaxed and conversational. Was called back 1-2wks later to say I had made it through to the final round of interviews. Final round was 10days later and included 2 behavioral interviews and a case study each 45mins-1hr.

Interview Question – Thinking about your work history, what is one thing you would have done differently?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on campus and got an interview. First round went well, and the interview was super relaxed and conversational. There were no interview questions, they just talked with you to see how well your communication skills are. For instance, me and my interviewer talked about video games and other common interests. For the second round, the flew us to D.C. Had two behavioral interviews with two managers, and then a case interview with a partner. The case for the business track was SUPER easy and needs only common sense. The technology track case was pretty hard from what I heard though, so your preperation depends on what track your applying for. Super nice people at EY. This was my first case and I was so nervous. The partner sensed this and talked to me about random things for 15 minutes to ease my mind before we started!

Interview Question – Common questions. Case did not need any calculations to do, just common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – Few behavioral questions - all situation based, tell me about a time when your team member was in-cooperative, how do you motivate others, how do you motivate yourself, what are the 3 things that would make me remember you

Interview Question – what are the 3 things that would make me remember you   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Advisory Quest Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I first met with EY during the career fair. Spent a good amount of time with those who were already in the program that I ended up applying for. Dropped my resume through my schools career site, and got selected for a first round interview. (I know this sounds complacent but my resume is strong enough that I haven't been needing a cover letter to get an interview with top companies)
 I was then asked to provide a writing assessment (my prompt was to write an essay within 45 minutes that describes a major financial event within the past 5 years and discuss stipulations of the industry). I actually did struggle with it a bit, but in the end I was able to write a thorough essay that I was okay with submitting. Not too many days later was the actual interview ( I did get invited to attend pre-night but unfortunately couldnt accommodate it because of my work schedule)
I came in about 15 minutes prior to the interview where it was PACKED with candidates looking to fill positions they were hiring for that day. (I have a feeling that they accepted everyone who wanted to interview.) Anyway, before interviews I usually like to get myself into a mindset, think about my preparation etc....But in the room, there were also a lot of entry-level EY staff there. So, I had someone just conversing with me prior to interviewing. He then made the arrangement for me to meet with my interviewer. (who btw didnt show up to pre-night either)

During the interview itself, the senior manager was running a little late but we ended up conversing for an hour. (the interview time was for 45 minutes) The questions he asked me were a bit sneaky (asking me how I became interested in EY). But oddly enough, our conversation was about the company I worked in than anything else. (for ex, what my company has done in terms of innovation wtf) A lot of it was actually him showing off how knowledgeable he is (I was very impressed though!) He also asked me if I get paid for my current job. Okay. Many times he said that things that I had done on my resume would make me a great fit for EY. Overall, he seemed very positive and I legitimately thought that I had secured a second round interview.
Apparently, his recommendation and my writing sample were the criteria used to determine the second round candidates.

So exactly a week later, I just got a standard 'there are limited candidates, thanks for your interest in EY" letter

What really bothers me is the 'fakeness' of EY employees, when I first stepped in the interview process I just felt like an animal being prepped for slaughter if that makes sense. if there are any concerns about my candidacy Id really like to have a chance to defend myself instead of listening to unabashed enthusiasm about how I would fit in with EY. Apparently not everything is 'peachy'

Interview Question – Nothing really. The first interview should be a breeze and checks things such as your personality, interest in company, etc.   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!