EY

Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.8

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in June 2012.

The hiring and interview process is selective and in the beginning is very behavioral in nature. It is important to be knowledgeable about the company and have a genuine interest in EY with specific reasoning as to why it is attractive compared to other similar opportunities. Also, it always helps to have someone on the inside who is well respected that you can reference in an interview as vouching for your work ethic and character. Get your CV in using a current employee as a recommendation and greatly boost your chances at landing an interview. Ask whoever recommends you to invite you out to meet some others so you can gather more information and have additional names to drop of people you reached out to to learn more about the firm.

Interview Questions
  • What is consulting? (If applying for Advisory make sure you have a grasp as to what a work day actually entails and not the glamorized "House of Lies" lifestyle)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in July 2014.

There were several phone interviews with HR and Business specific management before passing to the "Super Day". The Super Day is a 4 part interview. 1 Part with HR, 3 parts with managers and senior managers that you could potentially work with after joining the firm.

The questions are pretty standard, they ask about your background, types of projects you have worked on, level of clients you were exposed to in the past.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were really standard and based on your past experience.   Answer Question
    They gave me everything I asked for, which was a very generous offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in July 2014.

I originally bounced around from recruiter to recruiter within the firm to finally come to the advisory practice that i was most interested in. Everyone I spoke to was kind and very receptive. Eventually I was called into an interview with a manager, senior manager, and Partner. I clicked with each individual team member. Within 3 days I received a call extending an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were soft skills. Name the most difficult area that you tested and how you handled it from beginning to end.   Answer Question
    Always negotiate. Look at the benefits package and the salary. Get data from sites and most importantly your network from other big 4.

Advisory Senior Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EY in June 2014.

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn to discuss the opportunity. Initial phone screen with recruiter, then phone interview with a Manager within the practice group. Next step was on site interview at NYC headquarters with 4 senior manager level team members. Received an offer about 2 weeks after the on site interview. Whole process took about a 6-7 weeks from start to finish. Very professional at every step along the way and great recruiting team.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions. Current events in your industry. Leadership and working in teams examples. Why EY.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in April 2013.

Pretty straightforward and quick. Applied to job posting on website, was contacted from recruiter within 2 weeks. 3-step interview process over about 3 weeks:
    1) 30 min phone call with recruiter inquiring about why I want to leave current firm, why E&Y, career goals
    2) 30 min technical screening phone call with Manager consisting of behavioral questions (e.g., tell me about a time you dealt with multiple tasks/priorities, tell me about the most challenging project you were a part of, tell me how you're actively trying to learn more about the industry and make a name for yourself)
    3) 3 separate in-person interviews with a Manager, Sr Manager, and Partner (each about 45 minutes) - questions were mostly behavioral, gauging interest in the job/field, and trying to determine fit within organization

Interview Questions
    • (After Sr Manager described further some of the core functional sub-groups within the main Advisory group), which sub-group do you feel that you could contribute the most to and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY in January 2012.

The whole process took five months and was interrupted by long periods of silence. The recruiter was overstretched in his role and had too many other candidates to service so his attention on me felt very limited. The technical phone interview was the first stage, and it was a rushed 30-minute phone call with a partner. She seemed rushed and asked superficial questions, and this passed me on to the next stage. Next was an in-person interview with 3 people. I got an offer after the in-person interview. Those doing the interviews were not very experienced.

Interview Questions
    • None. The questions were not difficult and there was no case interview.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because the offer was higher than at other firms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in December 2009.

My friend helped to submit my resume, and then received a phone call from HR lady. Conversation went
    well, and then she scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager after 1 week. I handled the conversation from Paris where I traveling and then he told to prepare for onsite interview.
    Onsite interview planning took EY a bit time with several tries, and after 1 month, I finally made my trip to NYC.
    Interview is conversation type. I met 4 people in 2 hours and it's over. They asked me questions about resume, my past projects, and how I interacted with my customers. People are smart, good at what they are doing and they are very friendly. No interviewers tried to grill me.

Interview Questions
    • give me an example how you interact with customers   View Answer
    The offer is fair and within my expectation. I tried to asked a bit more, and HR told me it's really the best he could manage. Nothing more to say, I accepted it.

Senior Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in August 2010.

Process is streamlined.
    - Phone screen by HR
    - Phone interview with a SM
    - Office interview with M and SM
    - Hoping to get a call for next round :)

Not there yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in October 2010.

Two step process. One short, one on one campus interview and one full day interview. On campus consisted of short behavioral and short case. Full day interview consisted of one case, one writing sample and two behavioral.

Overall, I found the process to be very pleasent. All of the people I spoke with were very freindly and the entire process was structure to be as stressless as possible. I had other offers but took this one based on the kindness of the staff during the interview process

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had a team failure   View Answer
    Was happy with offer and did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in May 2011.

Fairly standard for the Big 4; initial screening over the phone, passed off to the area recruiter for another phone screening, had a 30-minute phone interview with a Senior Manager in my practice, was then selected to fly up to 5 Times Square (New York) for on-site final interviews which consisted of Partner, Senior Manager, and Manager interviews, plus a detailed discussion with the recruiter. Generally behavioral though some focus on technical competency.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate, considered the offered salary/benefits package to be fair and at-market.