EY

2.8

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in July 2013.

I was approached by a recruiter through LinkedIn. Had an intiial conversation with the recruiter, followed by 3 rounds of phone interviews. Then, I was called in for an in-person meet/greet - met with a Senior Manager and Partner -very informal and more learning about the company.

Interview Questions
I was offered in the range I asked for, I negotiated for a sign on bonus

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Advisory Senior Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EY in November 2009.

I had a phone interview which led to an office visit in the following week. I wasn't notified of the interview structure until I showed up. I walked in thinking it would be a first round but it was actually several back to back interviews with managers and senior managers. Final meeting was with a partner. Questions were almost all behavioral and going through the resume.

In my opinion, I believe the group was somewhat desperate for resources as the interviewers really pushed how great of a firm EY was because of its friendly culture and learning opportunities.

Interview Questions

Salary offered was very below market

Advisory Senior Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EY in April 2011.

Initial contact was with HR who set up the interview with another individual. Pretty short interview overall. Asked me 5 questions which had little to do with the position i applied for and mostly pertained to a position I had over 6 years ago. I seemed to have more questions than they did.

Advisory Senior Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2011.

I spoke with two recruiters by phone, and then met in person with an HR representative, two senior managers, and a partner. All of my interviews were one on one. Questions revolved around my background and prior experience. I had the sense that candidates should elaborate on prior experriene in a concise way and offer a very polished and professional demeanor.

Interview Questions
    • In what capacity have you worked with clients previously?   Answer Question
    • How did you sell your prior company's services? What differentiated their services?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2012.

Initially, I was pre screened at a job fair as a younger advisory employee directed me to have a 15 mins interview with a VP who was also at the job fair. A week later I talked with an HR phone interviewer who wanted to collect salary and location expectations and preferences. After another phone interview was an on site interview where I met with 5 VPs. Not many probing questions were asked.

Advisory Senior Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EY in June 2014.

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn to discuss the opportunity. Initial phone screen with recruiter, then phone interview with a Manager within the practice group. Next step was on site interview at NYC headquarters with 4 senior manager level team members. Received an offer about 2 weeks after the on site interview. Whole process took about a 6-7 weeks from start to finish. Very professional at every step along the way and great recruiting team.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions. Current events in your industry. Leadership and working in teams examples. Why EY.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in December 2009.

My friend helped to submit my resume, and then received a phone call from HR lady. Conversation went
    well, and then she scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager after 1 week. I handled the conversation from Paris where I traveling and then he told to prepare for onsite interview.
    Onsite interview planning took EY a bit time with several tries, and after 1 month, I finally made my trip to NYC.
    Interview is conversation type. I met 4 people in 2 hours and it's over. They asked me questions about resume, my past projects, and how I interacted with my customers. People are smart, good at what they are doing and they are very friendly. No interviewers tried to grill me.

Interview Questions
    • give me an example how you interact with customers   View Answer
    The offer is fair and within my expectation. I tried to asked a bit more, and HR told me it's really the best he could manage. Nothing more to say, I accepted it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in July 2014.

I originally bounced around from recruiter to recruiter within the firm to finally come to the advisory practice that i was most interested in. Everyone I spoke to was kind and very receptive. Eventually I was called into an interview with a manager, senior manager, and Partner. I clicked with each individual team member. Within 3 days I received a call extending an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were soft skills. Name the most difficult area that you tested and how you handled it from beginning to end.   Answer Question
    Always negotiate. Look at the benefits package and the salary. Get data from sites and most importantly your network from other big 4.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in May 2011.

Fairly standard for the Big 4; initial screening over the phone, passed off to the area recruiter for another phone screening, had a 30-minute phone interview with a Senior Manager in my practice, was then selected to fly up to 5 Times Square (New York) for on-site final interviews which consisted of Partner, Senior Manager, and Manager interviews, plus a detailed discussion with the recruiter. Generally behavioral though some focus on technical competency.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate, considered the offered salary/benefits package to be fair and at-market.

Senior Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in August 2010.

Process is streamlined.
    - Phone screen by HR
    - Phone interview with a SM
    - Office interview with M and SM
    - Hoping to get a call for next round :)

Not there yet