EY

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

Interview Details – The whole process took five months and was interrupted by long periods of silence. The recruiter was overstretched in his role and had too many other candidates to service so his attention on me felt very limited. The technical phone interview was the first stage, and it was a rushed 30-minute phone call with a partner. She seemed rushed and asked superficial questions, and this passed me on to the next stage. Next was an in-person interview with 3 people. I got an offer after the in-person interview. Those doing the interviews were not very experienced.

Interview Question – None. The questions were not difficult and there was no case interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because the offer was higher than at other firms.

New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initially, I was pre screened at a job fair as a younger advisory employee directed me to have a 15 mins interview with a VP who was also at the job fair. A week later I talked with an HR phone interviewer who wanted to collect salary and location expectations and preferences. After another phone interview was an on site interview where I met with 5 VPs. Not many probing questions were asked.

Interview Question – Why Advisory services?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in May 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly standard for the Big 4; initial screening over the phone, passed off to the area recruiter for another phone screening, had a 30-minute phone interview with a Senior Manager in my practice, was then selected to fly up to 5 Times Square (New York) for on-site final interviews which consisted of Partner, Senior Manager, and Manager interviews, plus a detailed discussion with the recruiter. Generally behavioral though some focus on technical competency.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, considered the offered salary/benefits package to be fair and at-market.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in December 2009.

Interview Details – My friend helped to submit my resume, and then received a phone call from HR lady. Conversation went
well, and then she scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager after 1 week. I handled the conversation from Paris where I traveling and then he told to prepare for onsite interview.
Onsite interview planning took EY a bit time with several tries, and after 1 month, I finally made my trip to NYC.
Interview is conversation type. I met 4 people in 2 hours and it's over. They asked me questions about resume, my past projects, and how I interacted with my customers. People are smart, good at what they are doing and they are very friendly. No interviewers tried to grill me.

Interview Question – give me an example how you interact with customers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer is fair and within my expectation. I tried to asked a bit more, and HR told me it's really the best he could manage. Nothing more to say, I accepted it.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!