EY Advisory Staff Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

One senior manager, one director. Very relaxing. Ask some casual questions about my current position, personal interests. Introduced the life in EY to me. Got offer over the phone one week after the interview, but later the position was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• How to internal audit accounts receivable   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with two people. First a senior manager then a director. Very relaxing interview, each one took more than 30 minutes. Introduced the life in EY to me, talked about some personal hobbies. The director ask me some tech questions to see if I have a concept of advisory. Got offer over the phone one week after the interview. But the position was on hold later.

Interview Questions

• How to audit accounts receivable   1 Answer

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY in June 2015.

Interview

I got an email asking me to do an online aptitude test after sending out my resume, a week later HR sent me an email to arrange an interview. I was apply for EY Hong Kong but I'm in the States, so they arranged a Skype interview for me with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Pick 2 internship experiences on my resume to talk about   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC).

Interview

I apply through university's career center and got a interview days after. They hold a reception before the interview. On the day of my interview, they asked behavioral questions, questions about my resume.

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The process took about a month. There is a on-campus round followed by a Super Day interview consisting of three interviews. The Super day is organized well with a couple presentations bragging about the firm. Then there are 3 back to back interviews viz. 2 behavioral and 1 case, arranged in a random fashion- each lasting about 30-40 minutes. Mine were really easy. Two out of the three interviewers weren't even prepared to ask questions. One of the behavioral interviewer was merely reading questions out from his computer screen. My experience in case interviews tells me that the interviewer actively participates in the process of solving the case. Here however, my interviewer just sat there with a predetermined set of 3-4 questions and he had nothing to say or argue on when I put in my recommendations. Clearly, he himself wasn't well versed with all aspects of the case. After two long weeks of waiting, I received an automated email stating that they weren't going to offer me a position owing to the "limited" number of offers they could shell out. Really weird that they take this long to get back with an automated email after all.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any Leadership Experience? And all related questions that help them gauge how good you are at handling a team/situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Two Phone Interviews, In Person interview day with Manager, Senior Manager and Executive Director. I interviewed for the Cybersecurity sector of EY. Better known as the "Cyber Threat Management" or CTM. This is one of EY's newest groups and fastest growing. Obviously IT Risk is the hot ticket item and EY is heavily recruiting in this sector. I am graduating from Penn State University in May and starting the job in May. Can't wait! I will add that I am a Marine Corps Veteran so I went to college after the Marines.

Interview Questions

• If you have two silos with the same vulnerabilities, how are they different?   2 Answers

Negotiation

it was great

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

General process. Application from University - Resume Screening - Phone interview. The interview itself was not hard and it was fast. (almost when through within a week.) You have to be confident of what you know and make the best about your college experience.

Interview Questions

• Why have you chosen your University. What is your strength that fits our work description.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

First round was at campus and the second round was onsite interview with three different interviewers. The onsite interview had 2 different parts. First day was general pre-night day, having dinner and time to meet with different people. Second day was the actual interview day and it was 3 back to back interviews. 2 general behavior interviews and 1 case interview.

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through school's recruiting website, first round interview was easy, but I think the interviewer was too tired so that he didn't pay much attention to my answer...(I was in the last interview for a day)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Got referred by a EY employee. The recruiter emailed me very soon, and scheduled a phone interview in 3 days. The phone interview was basically questions about my experience and some behavioral based questions After the interview, I didn't hear back from the recruiter. One week later I sent a follow up email, and got rejected.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose your college, describe a time you had problem working with a team   Answer Question