EY Advisory Staff Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.9

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Staff Interview

Very relaxed interview, open questions.

Interview Questions
  • What´s the most valuable experience you can bring to our practice?   View Answer
Quick and easy negotiation; standard table of salaries and benefits for starting positions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Advisory Staff Interview

Questions will be asked regarding why you apply for the job, how you can fit and assist the department and some situational questions may be asked.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how to increase the revenue of a school.   View Answer

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

phone interview (screening) with recruiter, then with a manager. Invited to Superday, where I was intereviewed by 4 senior managers and a Partner. Don't really have a lot of time to ask questions or go too much into detail in 30 minute interviews, but got the feeling they were more interested in learning if you are the right fit and can be "developed".

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through my school's career website. I was called for an on campus interview about one week later

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news   View Answer

Advisory Staff Interview

Campus interview first interview 30 min basic behavioral questions not too hard. Asked basic questions about my resume and my experiences. Said I would hear back in 2-3 weeks.

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

The hiring process took longer than I expected, but was a fairly simple process overall.

1) Reached out by an EY recruiter in the beginning regarding the nature of the position and a discussion of the type of work involved.

2) Next step was a phone interview with a Manager/Senior Manager about the practice in general, type of people they are looking for, and further in-depth discussion of the types of opportunities within the practice

3) Final part of the process was in person interviews, each lasting anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. It seemed to be purely a behavioral interview. As in, is this someone I would want to work with on a daily basis, especially late nights, and would they make a great impression on the client.   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Applied through campus recruiting system and on-campus recruiting event. Had a first round interview a week later, and heard back about second round 4 weeks later. The first round was walking through resume and behavioral questions, followed by questions to ask the interviewer. The interviewer was a manager and the conversation was quite relaxed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in August 2010.

The interview consisted of three one on one interviews. The first interview was with the office head. it was very casual and included very few interview questions. The second interview started with a review of my resume and then moved to my financial background. The interviewer tried to grill me and make me uncomfrotable. The last interview was about past work expereince and ended with me asing questions about the firm.

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in March 2011.

It started with a pre-interview dinner, which is set to know the candidates better and make them comfortable and gain a basic understanding about the company. the interview was short, about 30 minutes, mainly a walkthrough of the resume

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in January 2009.

It was a fast and friendly interview... The Senior Manager inverviewed me for about 10 minutes, he did most of the talking, telling me what the job was about. I talked a little about myself and after that he told me I was Hired. I did the psycometric exames and went two days later for my first day.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know anything about what Internal Audit is?   View Answer