EY Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

it's on campus interview, overall it's a positive experience. No unexpected question, the interview showed much interest in previous work and class experiences.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

This was for an interview over ten years ago, so the process may have changed somewhat. I received the interview through an employee referral, who referred me to a recruiter. It was similar to most other management consulting interviews--that is to say, very thorough, multiple rounds with different people in the group at various management levels, and thought-provoking questions. I was interviewing with other management consulting firms and investment banks at the same time, so it was nothing unexpected. However, I did put in numerous hours of company and industry research, informational interviews, networking, and application preparation. The interview process was difficult, but I was hired in a business advisory group that led to some very interesting work and a great professional springboard. I'd recommend EY to anyone who wants to a strong start to their career learning for business fundamentals or a seasoned professional who's looking for a new challenge in their next career step.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to do a four-wall analysis on a hypothetical retail chain. I had no idea what it was at the time since I was just coming out of college.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation process was interesting and a win-win proposition. They provided a great salary, sign-on bonus, relocation, and a great benefits package.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EY (Houston, TX).

Interview

First round

Interview Questions

• Explain the relations between income statement and balance sheet   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Went through an OCR process and ended up getting to super day. Interviewed with 2 people in person on campus and then with 5-6 on Super Day. Overall, the folks were really nice and everyone seemed excited about the company

Interview Questions

• Asked a mathematical / brain teaser that was unanswerable and waited to see how long I figured out it couldn't be answered   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Was quick and efficient I was asked to go to the office and met 3 people. Basic questions on my education and background. I was then invited to lunch, and coffee. Was allowed to leave at 5pm.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

First round was a 1:1 on campus interview mostly behavioral questions. Recieved an email offering a second round interview in office. The night before the second round interview there was a dinner at a local resturant where you were able to meet the people you were interviewing with the next day and feel more relaxed prior to the full day of interviews. Second round interview consisted of 4 1:1 interviews mostly behavioral with one being a case study interview. Lunch provided with everyone who was interviewing that day. At the end of the day, there was an essay question to answer. We were given 45 minutes to answer the essay question. This was just used to check your ability to write and form ideas in ways for others to understand. Overall it was a very relaxed interview process. They basically wanted you to think their company was the best place to work.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EY in January 2015.

Interview

1.Aptitude Test: Two sections Technical section: a bit difficult. General english and maths section:it was quite easy. 60 questions 60 minutes No negative marking Sectional cut off 2.Group Discussion General topics Check your general awareness and confidence 3.Personal Interview A mix of technical questions and about yourself.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Had applied online before a job fair, but I found out that I had applied for the wrong division. I managed to get in touch with the correct division before the job fair and we agreed to meet there. When I got to the job fair I talked with the same person from before and then I was sent to see one more. Both interviews felt more like a conversation rather than an interview and the next day I was contacted with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EY.

Interview

It was a campus recruitment. They have shortlisted candidates based on some criteria. Then first HR n Technical combined interview followed by another interview technical followed by an assignment. Overall it was a good experience...

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EY (Noida (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was basically to test your communication skills and problem solving ability. I think they selected me in GD round. There were many students who went for the interview but they were simply told that there aren't seats available for the profile. When I went in for the interview,I was interviewed and sent for the HR round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since it was campus hiring so no negotiation.