EY

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – it's on campus interview, overall it's a positive experience. No unexpected question, the interview showed much interest in previous work and class experiences.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – This was for an interview over ten years ago, so the process may have changed somewhat. I received the interview through an employee referral, who referred me to a recruiter.

It was similar to most other management consulting interviews--that is to say, very thorough, multiple rounds with different people in the group at various management levels, and thought-provoking questions. I was interviewing with other management consulting firms and investment banks at the same time, so it was nothing unexpected. However, I did put in numerous hours of company and industry research, informational interviews, networking, and application preparation. The interview process was difficult, but I was hired in a business advisory group that led to some very interesting work and a great professional springboard.

I'd recommend EY to anyone who wants to a strong start to their career learning for business fundamentals or a seasoned professional who's looking for a new challenge in their next career step.

Interview Question – I was asked to do a four-wall analysis on a hypothetical retail chain. I had no idea what it was at the time since I was just coming out of college.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation process was interesting and a win-win proposition. They provided a great salary, sign-on bonus, relocation, and a great benefits package.

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – First round

Interview Question – Explain the relations between income statement and balance sheet   View Answer

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

Interview Details – First round was a 1:1 on campus interview mostly behavioral questions. Recieved an email offering a second round interview in office. The night before the second round interview there was a dinner at a local resturant where you were able to meet the people you were interviewing with the next day and feel more relaxed prior to the full day of interviews. Second round interview consisted of 4 1:1 interviews mostly behavioral with one being a case study interview. Lunch provided with everyone who was interviewing that day. At the end of the day, there was an essay question to answer. We were given 45 minutes to answer the essay question. This was just used to check your ability to write and form ideas in ways for others to understand. Overall it was a very relaxed interview process. They basically wanted you to think their company was the best place to work.

Interview Questions

Analyst
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Interview Details – I went through 5 rounds of interviews, first with two hr ladies, then a manager from the team that offered the position, then again hr, and finally the partner in a very casual interview in which he offered me the job.

Interview Question – Brain teaser: how many pairs of formal shoes are sold in Dubai per year   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Interview Details – started with communication round (gd) followed by aptitude test , hr interview and technical interview..managerial interview yet to happen or will not happen..waiting for the call..overall not that difficult..basics should be strong and good communication is a must..

Interview Question – all were answerable   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotaition

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process is meticulous and lengthy, the technical rounds and personal interviews are comprehensive and time consuming at some time.

Interview Question – Are you planning to quit?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the negotiation was OK wherein I asked for increased package but was not provided.

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – The company had come to my campus for recruitment. They conducted a written test which had questions from finance and economics. That was followed by an interview round where they asked question on finance , economic conditions in the country, fiscal deficit.
Most of the people in the organization are approachable and helpful.

Interview Question – The questions in finance revolved around split and bonus shares, basic accounting questions (ratios and stuff). I appeared for the interview in 2012 and there was lot of buzz around bad economic conditions in India, fiscal deficit and so they asked me various questions on the same like the steps being proposed to reduce fiscal deficit (like governmnet selling some stake in PSUs, asking cash rich PSUs is pay off dividends etc ).   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – Rounds of Interview
Group discussion,Aptitude test, HR, Managerial round

Interview Question – prepare well on Excel.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – The written test is the first round tailored to evaluate the strength and knowledge in basics of accounting and finance followed by communication and logical reasoning.
Shortlisted candidates are then interviewed face to face with the managers and this can be either one or two rounds based on the division.

Interview Question – None, most were generic questions like where u see couple of years from now and about work life balance.   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!