EY

Updated Nov 28, 2014

3.3

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

it's on campus interview, overall it's a positive experience. No unexpected question, the interview showed much interest in previous work and class experiences.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

This was for an interview over ten years ago, so the process may have changed somewhat. I received the interview through an employee referral, who referred me to a recruiter.

It was similar to most other management consulting interviews--that is to say, very thorough, multiple rounds with different people in the group at various management levels, and thought-provoking questions. I was interviewing with other management consulting firms and investment banks at the same time, so it was nothing unexpected. However, I did put in numerous hours of company and industry research, informational interviews, networking, and application preparation. The interview process was difficult, but I was hired in a business advisory group that led to some very interesting work and a great professional springboard.

I'd recommend EY to anyone who wants to a strong start to their career learning for business fundamentals or a seasoned professional who's looking for a new challenge in their next career step.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to do a four-wall analysis on a hypothetical retail chain. I had no idea what it was at the time since I was just coming out of college.   Answer Question
    The negotiation process was interesting and a win-win proposition. They provided a great salary, sign-on bonus, relocation, and a great benefits package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY.

First round

Interview Questions
    • Explain the relations between income statement and balance sheet   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in March 2013.

Went through an OCR process and ended up getting to super day. Interviewed with 2 people in person on campus and then with 5-6 on Super Day. Overall, the folks were really nice and everyone seemed excited about the company

Interview Questions
    • Asked a mathematical / brain teaser that was unanswerable and waited to see how long I figured out it couldn't be answered   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2009.

First round was a 1:1 on campus interview mostly behavioral questions. Recieved an email offering a second round interview in office. The night before the second round interview there was a dinner at a local resturant where you were able to meet the people you were interviewing with the next day and feel more relaxed prior to the full day of interviews. Second round interview consisted of 4 1:1 interviews mostly behavioral with one being a case study interview. Lunch provided with everyone who was interviewing that day. At the end of the day, there was an essay question to answer. We were given 45 minutes to answer the essay question. This was just used to check your ability to write and form ideas in ways for others to understand. Overall it was a very relaxed interview process. They basically wanted you to think their company was the best place to work.

Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY.

Had applied online before a job fair, but I found out that I had applied for the wrong division. I managed to get in touch with the correct division before the job fair and we agreed to meet there.
    When I got to the job fair I talked with the same person from before and then I was sent to see one more. Both interviews felt more like a conversation rather than an interview and the next day I was contacted with an offer.

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EY.

It was a campus recruitment. They have shortlisted candidates based on some criteria. Then first HR n Technical combined interview followed by another interview technical followed by an assignment. Overall it was a good experience...

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EY in July 2014.

It was a great learning experience.the interviewers were friendly. They gave us a case study from their actual experience followed by case interview.2nd round was one more case study. After one day third round was finance case study then partner interview.

Interview Questions
    • Case studies are difficult to crack try practicing, and also guesstimates   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in June 2014.

started with communication round (gd) followed by aptitude test , hr interview and technical interview..managerial interview yet to happen or will not happen..waiting for the call..overall not that difficult..basics should be strong and good communication is a must..

no negotaition

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in June 2014.

I went through 5 rounds of interviews, first with two hr ladies, then a manager from the team that offered the position, then again hr, and finally the partner in a very casual interview in which he offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Brain teaser: how many pairs of formal shoes are sold in Dubai per year   Answer Question