EY Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2014

3.4

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY.

it's on campus interview, overall it's a positive experience. No unexpected question, the interview showed much interest in previous work and class experiences.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

This was for an interview over ten years ago, so the process may have changed somewhat. I received the interview through an employee referral, who referred me to a recruiter.

It was similar to most other management consulting interviews--that is to say, very thorough, multiple rounds with different people in the group at various management levels, and thought-provoking questions. I was interviewing with other management consulting firms and investment banks at the same time, so it was nothing unexpected. However, I did put in numerous hours of company and industry research, informational interviews, networking, and application preparation. The interview process was difficult, but I was hired in a business advisory group that led to some very interesting work and a great professional springboard.

I'd recommend EY to anyone who wants to a strong start to their career learning for business fundamentals or a seasoned professional who's looking for a new challenge in their next career step.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to do a four-wall analysis on a hypothetical retail chain. I had no idea what it was at the time since I was just coming out of college.   Answer Question
    The negotiation process was interesting and a win-win proposition. They provided a great salary, sign-on bonus, relocation, and a great benefits package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at EY.

First round

Interview Questions
    • Explain the relations between income statement and balance sheet   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

First round was a 1:1 on campus interview mostly behavioral questions. Recieved an email offering a second round interview in office. The night before the second round interview there was a dinner at a local resturant where you were able to meet the people you were interviewing with the next day and feel more relaxed prior to the full day of interviews. Second round interview consisted of 4 1:1 interviews mostly behavioral with one being a case study interview. Lunch provided with everyone who was interviewing that day. At the end of the day, there was an essay question to answer. We were given 45 minutes to answer the essay question. This was just used to check your ability to write and form ideas in ways for others to understand. Overall it was a very relaxed interview process. They basically wanted you to think their company was the best place to work.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in July 2014.

It was a great learning experience.the interviewers were friendly. They gave us a case study from their actual experience followed by case interview.2nd round was one more case study. After one day third round was finance case study then partner interview.

Interview Questions
    • Case studies are difficult to crack try practicing, and also guesstimates   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

I went through 5 rounds of interviews, first with two hr ladies, then a manager from the team that offered the position, then again hr, and finally the partner in a very casual interview in which he offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Brain teaser: how many pairs of formal shoes are sold in Dubai per year   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

started with communication round (gd) followed by aptitude test , hr interview and technical interview..managerial interview yet to happen or will not happen..waiting for the call..overall not that difficult..basics should be strong and good communication is a must..

no negotaition

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2009.

Hiring process is meticulous and lengthy, the technical rounds and personal interviews are comprehensive and time consuming at some time.

Interview Questions
    the negotiation was OK wherein I asked for increased package but was not provided.

Analyst Interview

The company had come to my campus for recruitment. They conducted a written test which had questions from finance and economics. That was followed by an interview round where they asked question on finance , economic conditions in the country, fiscal deficit.
    Most of the people in the organization are approachable and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • The questions in finance revolved around split and bonus shares, basic accounting questions (ratios and stuff). I appeared for the interview in 2012 and there was lot of buzz around bad economic conditions in India, fiscal deficit and so they asked me various questions on the same like the steps being proposed to reduce fiscal deficit (like governmnet selling some stake in PSUs, asking cash rich PSUs is pay off dividends etc ).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Rounds of Interview
    Group discussion,Aptitude test, HR, Managerial round

Interview Questions

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!