EY Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.1

Associate Interview

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews, Manager, Senior Manager and 2 Partners. Questions are very easy, particularly fit questions to make sure you are interested in doing transfer pricing. The partners are very nice and encouraging and want you to succeed but are interested in determining that you are keen and want to be a part of Transfer Pricing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

After the first interview, they took 2 weeks to let me know I selected to be invited to the EY San Jose office. They took me to the nice restaurant the day before the interview. It was a great time to get to know the professionals from EY and the culture in San Jose. The interview schedule was from 8 am to 2 pm and they provided breakfast and lunch. I had 2 interviews with a partner and a senior. Interviews was like having a conversation. It was pretty easy. Most of my friends got a phone call right after the interview or next day, but I had to wait for the no offer email for 2 weeks. If you don't get a phone call within 2 days, you may not get an offer from EY.

Associate Interview

Interview

Interviewed with the company. It was a good experience interviewing with the company. Went to a couple interviews which ranged from campus interview to additional interviews at the office.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1st was a phone interview, asking about previous and current employment and job responsibilities. Then about current salary requirements. Follow up was an office interview. Basic questions about work ethic, where you see yourself in 5 years etc. Typical interview questions. Another follow up phone interview asking specific questions about the job and my experience with those duties. Next was asked to interview with the team I would be working with which included 2 partners. Everything went well and I was pretty sure I had the job in the bag. A month goes by and the recruiter calls and tells me they were restructuring the position with a lighter work load and lower salary. This whole process took almost 2 months and in the end was a big waste of time. Really left a bad taste in my mouth about working for EY. They seemed to be really unorganized for such a large company. The left hand didn't seem to know what the right hand was doing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pretend that the desk in front of us was a canvas and what if I were to paint what my future of the company would be, what would it look like. Really through me off guard and I think I said something like " I would paint a tree with branches going up reflecting the many positions and skills acquired while working my way to the top."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EY (Richmond, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Typical order of operations you would expect from a campus interview process. application followed by in person interview, invitation to a two day interview event at the company location, a series of three interviews (behavioral, general fit, partner vetting)

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for EY   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied on my university's career website and got an on-campus interview with a manager. A week or so later I received an email telling me I got an offer to interview in the office. The night before I went to a pre-interview "dinner" that consisted of appetizers and got the opportunity to talk to other interviewees and first-year associates. The next day there was a breakfast and a presentation from the managing partner of the firm as well as the recruiter. Everyone was assigned a greeter and they showed us to our interviews. One was with a partner and the other was with a senior manager. Very conversational. After that they took us out to lunch as a large group and we went home.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to explain what happened with the one D on my transcript.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

It was phone interview; alot of basic behavioral questions (i.e. strengths weaknesses, time you took the lead)

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced at work and how did you improve the situation   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Tell us about a time where you had step up and complete someone else's task. Why did you do it and how did you manage it? Tell us about yourself. Why did you choose to apply to our company?

Associate Interview

Interview

Leadership confrence in the summer, had an interview later and recieved an internship. After the internship I was offered a full time position. Everything went smoothy. Interviews are casual conversations with a very low intensity style. Be relaxed and be yourself, and if you fit in, you will fit in.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you managed a dificult situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview

Campus interview for 30 mins. Asked Resume, the school work, working history and expectations. Talked about working experience in the most of time. Keep asking one school score question and seems like didn't like my answer.

Interview Questions

• He asked me why I get a c+ on one course. Keep asking the reason....   1 Answer