EY

Average Difficulty
55 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – 1st was a phone interview, asking about previous and current employment and job responsibilities. Then about current salary requirements. Follow up was an office interview. Basic questions about work ethic, where you see yourself in 5 years etc. Typical interview questions. Another follow up phone interview asking specific questions about the job and my experience with those duties. Next was asked to interview with the team I would be working with which included 2 partners. Everything went well and I was pretty sure I had the job in the bag. A month goes by and the recruiter calls and tells me they were restructuring the position with a lighter work load and lower salary. This whole process took almost 2 months and in the end was a big waste of time. Really left a bad taste in my mouth about working for EY. They seemed to be really unorganized for such a large company. The left hand didn't seem to know what the right hand was doing.

Interview Question – I was asked to pretend that the desk in front of us was a canvas and what if I were to paint what my future of the company would be, what would it look like. Really through me off guard and I think I said something like " I would paint a tree with branches going up reflecting the many positions and skills acquired while working my way to the top."   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details – They found me via an application I submitted from an ad I found on Craig's List. At the time, I had no idea they had this type of position available. They have a whole internal team for each office of creative types - but just be realistic - creative in a corporate environment means a lot of copying and pasting and doing what you're told.

Interview Question – What is the type of work you think you would do best at EY?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a fairly high market salary. I countered with a much higher number and they met it.

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2012.

Interview Details – Started with an on campus interview with a senior manager. An office visit (onsite second interview) came 3 weeks after. The second interview consisted of a general information session followed by 3 separate interview with a 2 managers and a senior manager.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this position?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Unwelcoming recruiters/interviewers

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on my university's career website and got an on-campus interview with a manager. A week or so later I received an email telling me I got an offer to interview in the office. The night before I went to a pre-interview "dinner" that consisted of appetizers and got the opportunity to talk to other interviewees and first-year associates. The next day there was a breakfast and a presentation from the managing partner of the firm as well as the recruiter. Everyone was assigned a greeter and they showed us to our interviews. One was with a partner and the other was with a senior manager. Very conversational. After that they took us out to lunch as a large group and we went home.

Interview Question – Asked me to explain what happened with the one D on my transcript.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Interview Details – They recruit straight out of college accounting programs, it was easy, they come and entice you with awesome dinners and smiling faces. The interviews were not technical, they just want to make sure you are nice, loyal and willing to work.

Interview Question – There were none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available if joining out of school, they pay what they pay. May be different for experienced hires

Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – It was phone interview; alot of basic behavioral questions (i.e. strengths weaknesses, time you took the lead)

Interview Question – What was the biggest challenge you faced at work and how did you improve the situation   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Tell us about a time where you had step up and complete someone else's task. Why did you do it and how did you manage it?

Tell us about yourself.

Why did you choose to apply to our company?

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Leadership confrence in the summer, had an interview later and recieved an internship. After the internship I was offered a full time position. Everything went smoothy. Interviews are casual conversations with a very low intensity style. Be relaxed and be yourself, and if you fit in, you will fit in.

Interview Question – Name a time when you managed a dificult situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Secaucus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email for a phone interview with HR. Phone interview is mostly about your resume and work experiences. Invited for a 1:1 interview with a Director and Assistant Director. Interview itself is not that bad, so long as you really know what you wrote in your resume. Friendly atmosphere and I did not feel intimidated

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Didn't get the chance to negotiate

Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at EY in July 2008.

Interview Details – Invited for the opening through a recruiter, and was scheduled for an interview two days after I had submitted my resume. The interview took about an hour with one of the HR personnel. Lots of generic questions, such as leadership role that I have taken in the past or describe a a situation where I have to meet a deadline for a task. Overall, not a bad interview, just make sure you are providing them with an insight about yourself.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you took a leadership role voluntarily   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Associate interview questions and advice. All 55 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.