EY

Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.7

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assurance Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Submitted a resume through my college career center. I did not spend much time networking with professionals from EY so it seems that first round interviews come to all with a decent GPA (3.5+). This was my first real interview so it was very rough. Interview was one on one, right as we introduced ourselves to each other the interviewers cell phone went off. The rest of the interview consisted of behavioral questions and simple chatting.

Interview Questions
  • No technical questions. All behavioral questions including things like "give a time when you led a team". Questions regarding my resume also occured. He ended the interview asking if I am a part of any organizations outside of school.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Assurance Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

1 first round, 2 second round interviews, a breakfast, and lunch
    Very relaxed, have questions ready to ask them
    Conversation, trying to probe your people skills and conversational skills
    Most of the time it is with a senior manager and I had one partner to interview, always followed up with me afterwards. Received phone call within a day knowing I had received the offer.

Assurance Staff Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

referred by friend through the employee referral program. Got an phone interview two days later. Basically went through my resume and asked about my future career plan and why i chose accounting and E&Y. Rejected one week after the interview. The whole process was very quick and i do think it is because of the employee referral program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in September 2014.

I applied to this position through an online ad. The whole process took approximately 2 months. I was first phone-interviewed by a member from Talent Acquisition Team and he then sent the resume to the Partnership team. Two weeks after that, I was scheduled for an office visit. On the interview day, I found myself the only interviewee at that time. I had two interviewers, a Senior Manager and a Partner. SM asked me quite a lot behavioral questions such as Why Ey and tell me about a time you fail to achieve your goal. The partner interview was quite conversational and she basically did not ask me any question but let me ask her questions. (So be prepared to have lots of questions). One week after the office visit, I received an offer from EY. So even if they don't call you right next day, you still got the chance.

Interview Questions
    You can only negotiate start date.

Assurance Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I went through recruitment from college that involved several steps. First there was a networking meet & greet followed by two separate interviews. The first interview was one on one while the second one was with a senior associate and a manager at the firm. Overall not too bad of an interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your weaknesses and how do you think EY can help improve on them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Usually hire from large universities only. Emphasis on early identification of candidates and most candidates start through a summer or winter internship and receive full time offers at the end of the intership to start after graduation.

First formal interview will be on campus for 30-45 minutes. Then you will be brought in house for a second round interview with three individuals each lasting 30-45 minutes. Usually there are social events that happen throughout the interviewing process to provide opportunities to meet other professionals in the firm and for the professionals to further screen you. Usually a decision is made within a week.

Interview Questions
    • All questions will be behavioral based. Make sure you have the standard ones practiced ("tell me about yourself", "what are your biggest weaknesses", "why do you want to work in public accounting", "tell me about a time when you..."   View Answer
    There was not negotiations as most are hired from internships and there is so much competition from the other big fours that salary is set for the most part. You can negotiate start dates.

Assurance Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EY in April 2014.

"Big Four" firms hire college graduate one year prior their graduation. So does EY. I was in the late stage of the recruiting process. I connected with an assurance senior manager and she passed my information to campus recruiter. The campus recruiter called me and arranged me a phone call in a few days. I thought the phone call would last 30 minutes at least but it's only 8 minutes. I guess I did well and in two days the recruiter connected me with manager in specific office. In a week, the manager called me for a 20 minutes' talk. In a few days, I was told that they wanted me to visit their office. So 10 days later, I flied there and they put me in a nice hotel. During my office visit, I had several back-to-back interviews and a lunch with other staffs. The whole recruiting process is tight and enjoyable. I didn't feel that I had to wait for an answer or decision for a long time. The people are awesome and I had a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just casual conversation about my resume (international experience, related internship) and one or two behavior questions.   Answer Question
    Not for entry-level employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

Campus Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2013.

I took part in a lot of school events and went to as many career fairs as possible, no matter is within school or not. And you have to put up your smile and confident face and start to communicate with people. Try to have a good conversation with them, but do not forget to sell yourself

Interview Questions
    • You have to be very familiar with what you did in the resume, because if you simply want to impress more and wrote something that's not exactly what you actually did, you'd better be very good at bullshitting, or you'll be noticed by those experienced recruiter.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in January 2013.

University hiring is easy. If you get a 3.3+ in Accounting major and are a sociable person that can carry on a conversation with professional mannerisms you will get an interview. These firms are throwing out internships and jobs like candy to those with good grades and social skills.

Interview Questions
    • What are your two greatest strengths and two greatest weaknesses?   View Answer
    No negotiating. Take or leave it straight out of college.