EY

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Usually hire from large universities only. Emphasis on early identification of candidates and most candidates start through a summer or winter internship and receive full time offers at the end of the intership to start after graduation.

First formal interview will be on campus for 30-45 minutes. Then you will be brought in house for a second round interview with three individuals each lasting 30-45 minutes. Usually there are social events that happen throughout the interviewing process to provide opportunities to meet other professionals in the firm and for the professionals to further screen you. Usually a decision is made within a week.

Interview Question – All questions will be behavioral based. Make sure you have the standard ones practiced ("tell me about yourself", "what are your biggest weaknesses", "why do you want to work in public accounting", "tell me about a time when you..."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not negotiations as most are hired from internships and there is so much competition from the other big fours that salary is set for the most part. You can negotiate start dates.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process usually starts as students apply to the internship program. I did not go this route, but I'm confident my experience was similar. You'll arrive at the office and be assigned an EY employee to show you around and take you from one interview to another (yes, there are multiple interviews in the same day). You will interview with up to 4 EY employees, from Managers up to Partners.

Interview Question – Please give me an example of a situation you have faced, within which you felt you made poor decisions, and what actions did you take afterwards. (behavioral interview question to replace the idiotic "what are your weaknesses" question)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. EY pays people a lot of money to make sure that they pay their employees the going market value (check out goingconcern.com)

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – I took part in a lot of school events and went to as many career fairs as possible, no matter is within school or not. And you have to put up your smile and confident face and start to communicate with people. Try to have a good conversation with them, but do not forget to sell yourself

Interview Question – You have to be very familiar with what you did in the resume, because if you simply want to impress more and wrote something that's not exactly what you actually did, you'd better be very good at bullshitting, or you'll be noticed by those experienced recruiter.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at EY in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interview is very personality based. Not really many technical questions during the interview process. Basically, they are looking for people that they want to spend 50+ hours a week with.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – Campus Interview

Interview Question – Not really. They basically went through resume   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2012.

Interview Details – Got the interview through on-campus recruiting. The first round was with a senior manager on the FSO team. A very easy-going alumni, and felt connected right away. Then it took 1+ week to hear back from the (FSO) recruiter. Final round consists of interviews with a manager, senior manager and a senior, all very nice and easy to talk to. The interviews were pretty conversational. Just be yourself, it's an opportunity to discover the mutual relationship based on a good-fit for both sides. When an offer was rendered, everyone I met during the interview process sent out a congrats email, which is the ultimate reason I chose EY over PwC since I feel more welcomed here.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted by phone. Since this was the case, I was pleased with the level of care that human resources placed into the conversation. Particularly, I appreciated the questions about my concerns and interests outside of school. However, it was obvious that academics mattered substantially in the hiring process. I recommend researching all aspects of any assurance or advisory role, as well as understanding the dynamics of your location, when interviewing with E&Y.

Interview Question – Questions on leadership capacity and previous leadership experiences, as well as how others respect your potential as a leader.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview Details – Got the interview by applying through my campus career services website. Had a 1st round on-campus interview and was invited to go to the city for an office visit. I had 2 interviews at the office and went out to lunch with a host. very friendly staff, very relaxed environment, interviews were mostly conversational.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through school career service and got an on-campus interview weeks after. Invited to an E&Y Superday few days after the first interview, and the visit was scheduled at the 5 Time Square address. The Superday started with a overview of E&Y and the interviews were way easier than I thought, two 30-min sections with a partner and a senior manager. Both asked me to tell a story about myself. No behavioral question, no brain teaser, no group case, no writing sample. Nice lunch with an assurance staff and filled in an info sheet to close that day. Got a call from the recruiter two weeks later (horrible two weeks for me) and took me another two weeks to receive my offer letter in mail.

Interview Question – Tell me a story about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried but cannot

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – - 1:1 30 minutes on campus interview, talk about goals and experiences, just trying to find fit.

- Half day office visit, hear presentations, office tour, two 1:1 30 minute interviews with manager and partner. Very easy going, talk about goals, past experiences, and why you would be a good fit.

- Be relaxed, they just want to see if you are someone they could spend 60 hours a week working with.

Interview Question – Why Big 4?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Assurance Staff interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.