EY Assurance Staff Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2014

2.7

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Do not be nervous. Most questions are behavioral questions from your past jobs. If you had any previous jobs or internships, be prepared with themes like difficult situations you had to handle, what you learned from the job etc. Don't try to memorize anything. Just listen to the questions and answer naturally.

Interview Questions
  • Not much of difficult question. I did not answer well the "why I wanted the position". Silly mistake, be prepared.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

University hiring is easy. If you get a 3.3+ in Accounting major and are a sociable person that can carry on a conversation with professional mannerisms you will get an interview. These firms are throwing out internships and jobs like candy to those with good grades and social skills.

Interview Questions
    • What are your two greatest strengths and two greatest weaknesses?   View Answer
    No negotiating. Take or leave it straight out of college.

Assurance Staff Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY.

I went through recruitment from college that involved several steps. First there was a networking meet & greet followed by two separate interviews. The first interview was one on one while the second one was with a senior associate and a manager at the firm. Overall not too bad of an interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your weaknesses and how do you think EY can help improve on them?   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2014.

"Big Four" firms hire college graduate one year prior their graduation. So does EY. I was in the late stage of the recruiting process. I connected with an assurance senior manager and she passed my information to campus recruiter. The campus recruiter called me and arranged me a phone call in a few days. I thought the phone call would last 30 minutes at least but it's only 8 minutes. I guess I did well and in two days the recruiter connected me with manager in specific office. In a week, the manager called me for a 20 minutes' talk. In a few days, I was told that they wanted me to visit their office. So 10 days later, I flied there and they put me in a nice hotel. During my office visit, I had several back-to-back interviews and a lunch with other staffs. The whole recruiting process is tight and enjoyable. I didn't feel that I had to wait for an answer or decision for a long time. The people are awesome and I had a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just casual conversation about my resume (international experience, related internship) and one or two behavior questions.   Answer Question
    Not for entry-level employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Usually hire from large universities only. Emphasis on early identification of candidates and most candidates start through a summer or winter internship and receive full time offers at the end of the intership to start after graduation.

First formal interview will be on campus for 30-45 minutes. Then you will be brought in house for a second round interview with three individuals each lasting 30-45 minutes. Usually there are social events that happen throughout the interviewing process to provide opportunities to meet other professionals in the firm and for the professionals to further screen you. Usually a decision is made within a week.

Interview Questions
    • All questions will be behavioral based. Make sure you have the standard ones practiced ("tell me about yourself", "what are your biggest weaknesses", "why do you want to work in public accounting", "tell me about a time when you..."   View Answer
    There was not negotiations as most are hired from internships and there is so much competition from the other big fours that salary is set for the most part. You can negotiate start dates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

The interview process usually starts as students apply to the internship program. I did not go this route, but I'm confident my experience was similar. You'll arrive at the office and be assigned an EY employee to show you around and take you from one interview to another (yes, there are multiple interviews in the same day). You will interview with up to 4 EY employees, from Managers up to Partners.

Interview Questions
    • Please give me an example of a situation you have faced, within which you felt you made poor decisions, and what actions did you take afterwards. (behavioral interview question to replace the idiotic "what are your weaknesses" question)   View Answer
    No negotiation. EY pays people a lot of money to make sure that they pay their employees the going market value (check out goingconcern.com)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

I took part in a lot of school events and went to as many career fairs as possible, no matter is within school or not. And you have to put up your smile and confident face and start to communicate with people. Try to have a good conversation with them, but do not forget to sell yourself

Interview Questions
    • You have to be very familiar with what you did in the resume, because if you simply want to impress more and wrote something that's not exactly what you actually did, you'd better be very good at bullshitting, or you'll be noticed by those experienced recruiter.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at EY in September 2011.

Interview is very personality based. Not really many technical questions during the interview process. Basically, they are looking for people that they want to spend 50+ hours a week with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Campus Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2012.

Got the interview through on-campus recruiting. The first round was with a senior manager on the FSO team. A very easy-going alumni, and felt connected right away. Then it took 1+ week to hear back from the (FSO) recruiter. Final round consists of interviews with a manager, senior manager and a senior, all very nice and easy to talk to. The interviews were pretty conversational. Just be yourself, it's an opportunity to discover the mutual relationship based on a good-fit for both sides. When an offer was rendered, everyone I met during the interview process sent out a congrats email, which is the ultimate reason I chose EY over PwC since I feel more welcomed here.

N/A

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!