EY Assurance Staff Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

The office visiting began with a short tour of the office. HR gave a brief presentation of the company's mission, culture and major business in this office. The interview included two rounds, first with an executive director, second with a partner. The executive director was nice and easy-going. We went through the resume, and asked me several behavioral questions. The partner was more serious and didn't feel like talking too much. He just asked me questions without too much interaction with me.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment so far?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for EY? How do you think the difference between working for a small firm and a big firm?   Answer Question
  • Use several keywords to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

didn't negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process runs over a few months, but starts even before that. In some cases, Sophomores would be encouraged to participate in campus events to show their interest in EY. During the actual interview, they will ask you questions about what you worked on during college, etc. But in actuality, it doesn't really matter as long as you have a relatively high GPA and a reasonable level of communication skills. Don't forget to ask a bunch of questions and show your interest.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about EY?   1 Answer

Assurance Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied online through a campus recruiter. Received an email to schedule a phone interview the next week. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes - basic personality questions, was invited over the phone for an office visit. I had two interviews at the office - one with partner and senior manager. Had lunch with 1st year and was able to talk about their experiences with the transition. Everyone was very nice and they did their best to make you as comfortable as possible.

Assurance Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Submitted a resume through my college career center. I did not spend much time networking with professionals from EY so it seems that first round interviews come to all with a decent GPA (3.5+). This was my first real interview so it was very rough. Interview was one on one, right as we introduced ourselves to each other the interviewers cell phone went off. The rest of the interview consisted of behavioral questions and simple chatting.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. All behavioral questions including things like "give a time when you led a team". Questions regarding my resume also occured. He ended the interview asking if I am a part of any organizations outside of school.   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

1 first round, 2 second round interviews, a breakfast, and lunch
    Very relaxed, have questions ready to ask them
    Conversation, trying to probe your people skills and conversational skills
    Most of the time it is with a senior manager and I had one partner to interview, always followed up with me afterwards. Received phone call within a day knowing I had received the offer.

Assurance Staff Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

referred by friend through the employee referral program. Got an phone interview two days later. Basically went through my resume and asked about my future career plan and why i chose accounting and E&Y. Rejected one week after the interview. The whole process was very quick and i do think it is because of the employee referral program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Fantastic process. The home office that I was interested in had over staffed, but the area recruiter was very transparent about it. After my first round interviews I was invited to interview in the SF office and the firm flew me down and put me up for the night. Second round interviews consisted of a breakfast, three in office interviews, and lunch. Walked out of the office with offer in hand.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me more about your minor. Etc. Pretty standard set of questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied to this position through an online ad. The whole process took approximately 2 months. I was first phone-interviewed by a member from Talent Acquisition Team and he then sent the resume to the Partnership team. Two weeks after that, I was scheduled for an office visit. On the interview day, I found myself the only interviewee at that time. I had two interviewers, a Senior Manager and a Partner. SM asked me quite a lot behavioral questions such as Why Ey and tell me about a time you fail to achieve your goal. The partner interview was quite conversational and she basically did not ask me any question but let me ask her questions. (So be prepared to have lots of questions). One week after the office visit, I received an offer from EY. So even if they don't call you right next day, you still got the chance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can only negotiate start date.

Assurance Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

I went through recruitment from college that involved several steps. First there was a networking meet & greet followed by two separate interviews. The first interview was one on one while the second one was with a senior associate and a manager at the firm. Overall not too bad of an interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses and how do you think EY can help improve on them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

very easy interview process. To apply, just apply online and fill out their application. my school had them for on campus recruiting so that was nice. they came to my campus, one on one interview. I just had to walk them through my resume and answer your typical interview questions. then they flew me out for an office visit. basic behavioral questions and lunch afterwards