EY

2.9

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Staff I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

Introduced to partner at a campus career fair where I submitted my resume. I was invited to an on campus interview about a week later. My interview with the manager was laid back and casual, no hard questions were asked, just a run through of my resume and experience. I had the opportunity to ask her questions about her experience with the firm and came prepared with some more specific, relevant questions as well to show my interest in the firm. I waited 3 and half weeks for a response, and finally had to follow up with them. I was told that it was just a very competitive environment for full time positions.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

school interview for the process improvement team. They're not looking for international students. school interview for the process improvement team. They're not looking for international students.school interview for the process improvement team. They're not looking for international students.

Interview Questions
    • regular interview, no international students   View Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2014.

The interview process, which was very quick, included an initial phone interview/screening with a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager. By far, the entire process was very thorough and quick. I received an offer within one day from my in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions posed were general in nature (i.e., discuss, in chronological order, your professional background and stay focused on what you did specifically vs. what you and your team (the "WE" aspect) may have done; and behavioral-related questions).   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as the initial offer was more than fair.

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Recruiter had my resume from previous campus communication with EY and contacted me with a phone interview. A few weeks later, I was invited to have an in-office interview with some senior managers and a partner. The interview took all day as it was made up of 3 separate interviews.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer asked me no questions, but made me interview her with questions I had about the position. I had asked so many questions already that day, it was difficult to come up with more questions to ask.   Answer Question

Manager - Performance Business Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EY in May 2014.

I went through a three-step interview:

1) HR Phone Screen - Basic phone interview with HR: experience, why are you leaving, what are you looking for, current salary.

2) Technical Interview - 1:1 phone interview with a manager at EY. Walked through the resume, and was asked questions on ToGAF, and since I worked with DoDAF, questions on differences between ToGAF and DoDAF.

3) In-Person Interview - Two 1:1 in-person interviews in their Atlanta, GA office (it was on a Friday and they were conducting a ton of interviews that day, not sure for what other positions). First interview was with a senior manager, who honestly did most of the talking (gave very in-depth answers to my questions). I walked through my resume and there was only one or two technical questions (relating to services and SLA, and bridging the gap to business architecture). Second interview was with a manager - again just walked through the resume, talked about some logical data models, but nothing overly difficult.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

1st round: on campus, with a senior person in a similar position. 45mins. Basic behavioral/experiential questions. Non-technical.

Final Round: 3 back-to-back interviews in their Alpharetta office. The first interview was with a current business analyst, second was with someone in a different department who is non-technical, and the third is with someone with a much more technical background. He/she will ask hard questions. They weren't hard in the sense that they were thought provoking, just ambiguous and poorly worded. There may have been somewhat of a language barrier.

Interview Questions
    • "Please tell me what you can assume about this situation... You work for the only bank in a state and you are trying to figure out how many ATMs the bank should implement."   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Initially EY reached out to me because of my previous experience with accounting firm marketing. There was a phone interview with an HR person and then a series of interviews (all day) with six individuals. It was clear that the individuals doing the interviewing had not totally worked out what they wanted and ultimately that put them back at square on in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any surprises. It was very much a get to know you, what do you know about us interview. We discussed the firm's current challenges and my thoughts on how to address them. Very civil. Nice folks.   Answer Question

Human Capital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2014.

I applied online through my university and had an on-campus interview with a recruiter. I heard back the following day and was invited to attend a super day at the Atlanta office. The super day consisted of breakfast and an informational presentation, four interviews with senior managers, a tour of the office, and a lunch panel with recent hires. They said they'd get back within a week, although I did not hear back until two weeks later when I called the recruiter (as I had another job offer with a deadline).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an international event that had a personal impact on you.   Answer Question

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in December 2013.

Hiring process is long even when you have a referral to assist. Interviewing varies greatly dependent upon who's doing the interviewing. Can be very critical or open and will cover analytical, technical, behavioral, and business case.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a person not meeting expectations?   View Answer

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

Gave the recruiter my resume at a career fair on campus and was then invited to a coffee social. I got the first round 1:1 on campus interview with a senior manager and it was very conversational. The second round was an office visit. Thursday night we had a dinner at a partner's home and it was pretty much a meet and greet. It was very laid back. Friday morning we went into the office.The first two interviews were one on one with a partner and senior manager. They were both pretty conversational and mostly me asking the interviewer questions. They want to see a lot of confidence and your interest in the company. The third was a case study. I immediately did a SWOT analysis when reading the case and the interviewer asked for that when I went in so that was great.