EY

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Audit Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – The process was pretty easy. I submitted my resume, and then received a phone call several days later. I was asked a few questions, then I was called to come into the office. I met with several different people there. The questions were pretty straight forward.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be an assistant and not a staff.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

Interview Details – Apply through online job openings for fresh graduates and was informed via email for being shortlisted for interview.

Interview Question – Scenario base question, something about dealing with difficult clients who have conflicting views regarding accounting policies. What will you do in this case?   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process took about a month or less. The interview was with a senior manager. She was friendly and made me feel less nervous. It was more of a conversation rather than an interview to allow the interviewer know my fit for the job and to let me know more about the company.

Interview Question – Most questions were expected - why audit, about my resume, uni etc... No technical questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from the HR executive after 3 weeks,

There were 2 interviews:

1) Phone interview by HR
- expect usual questions like 'Tell Me about yourself','why do you want to join EY?'and 'what are your extra co-curricular activities during your study?'

2) Face-to-face interview- Senior Manager of the relative department
The interview was done in 1 hour or more. The interviewer asked questions in regards to:
-education background
-working experience
-career objectives
-strengths and weaknesses
-personal challenges

Interview Question – What do you think about work-life balance?   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – Informed by campus recruitment. Appiled through website. One round of group interview (4 ppl), Notified result on the same day as interview.

Interview Question – What you could bring to the job?   Answer Question

Audit Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I didn't actually pass this process. The firm recruited through my school.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – The process took about one week. The interview was with a manager in the assurance line. The questions were about my interest on auditing and my knowledge of this area. Some questions were also asked on leadership and teamwork. The interviewer also did asked some technical questions and one of them was pretty tough. But overall the interviewer was nice and the interview was more formal and not stressful at all.

Interview Question – If you were auditing a company and that company XYZ Ltd which had a holding, how would you record an investment from the holding in XYZ Ltd?   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – There was one session of a one-on-one interview, which took roughly one hour long. The interviewer is an audit manager of the company. Most questions were meant to find out about my personality, and whether it fits its culture. There were some competency-based question, such as managing failures and about teamwork.

Interview Question – If you are a team leader, how would you react when you fail to meet the targets or expectations of your superior?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Audit Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – 1. Submit resume to HR.
2. Wait for phone call.
3. Arrange for interview.
4. Bring important documents to office.
5. Interview by a Directors
6. Stating your strengths and weaknesses.
7. Talk about yourself.

Interview Question – What are the thing that you have done, that make you proud of?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in August 2009.

Interview Details – Simple, just show interest in audit

Interview Question – None, interview is easy and will be offered on the spot   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!