EY Audit Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.8

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Budapest (Hungary)) in July 2012.

Interview

It was a first round. It was written interview by tests. Numerical skill, comprehension skill and english knlowledge were tested. It took approximatly 3 hours. The circumstances were professional, official, what a person could expact from a company like that. The interview started in time or max. in 5 minutes late. The candidates were usually in the age of 20's and the most had any economical degree.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY in August 2013.

Interview

Apply through online job openings for fresh graduates and was informed via email for being shortlisted for interview.

Interview Questions

• Scenario base question, something about dealing with difficult clients who have conflicting views regarding accounting policies. What will you do in this case?   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in April 2008.

Interview

Submitted application form, got a call for interview, i prepared by attending mock interview sessions. One on one interview was conducted by the partner of Advisory services which lasted for 30 minutes. Interview was practical and based on all consulting services the firm had to offer. Look good, answer candidly and be motivated if you want to be noticed by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for a better salary.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Bucharest (Romania)) in August 2009.

Interview

Before the actual interviews there were tests (maths, english and accounting) that you had to pass. After there were two interviews, one with a HR responsible and an audit manager and the second with a audit Partner and a HR responsible.

Negotiation

There was no actual negociation, I received an offer and I accepted it.

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY in August 2011.

Interview

It was an interview as an audit assistant for the financial services department and there was only 1 round of interview. It was a group interview and the senior manager mainly asked questions to align the interviewee's expectation with the company's and ascertain the interviewee's fit with the company e.g. how long do you project you will stay in this job? Why did you choose financial services instead of general audit? It's tough, so why audit? There was no technical question asked, so chills (:

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked, "How would you respond when you have a conflicting viewpoint with your senior on an auditing issue?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

the salary was fixed across the board for all A1s.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the HR executive after 3 weeks, There were 2 interviews: 1) Phone interview by HR - expect usual questions like 'Tell Me about yourself','why do you want to join EY?'and 'what are your extra co-curricular activities during your study?' 2) Face-to-face interview- Senior Manager of the relative department The interview was done in 1 hour or more. The interviewer asked questions in regards to: -education background -working experience -career objectives -strengths and weaknesses -personal challenges

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2013.

Interview

Informed by campus recruitment. Appiled through website. One round of group interview (4 ppl), Notified result on the same day as interview.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2013.

Interview

The process took about one week. The interview was with a manager in the assurance line. The questions were about my interest on auditing and my knowledge of this area. Some questions were also asked on leadership and teamwork. The interviewer also did asked some technical questions and one of them was pretty tough. But overall the interviewer was nice and the interview was more formal and not stressful at all.

Interview Questions

• If you were auditing a company and that company XYZ Ltd which had a holding, how would you record an investment from the holding in XYZ Ltd?   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Bangalore (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview process started from basic written test , followed by HR interview Round . Once got selected I was called for Technical round.Interview process started from basic written test , followed by HR interview Round . Once got selected I was called for Technical round.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through TURF, and was contacted via phone call around one month later. The next stage was the group interview. Mostly behavioural questions were asked, but it varies for different interviewers. The interview was quite relaxed, and the interviewer's main purpose was to understand the applicants, rather than to grill each of us with difficult questions. Offer was made 2 hours later via phone call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to break a bad news to someone.   Answer Question