EY Audit Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

43 interviews

2.7

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

First round interview at school, second round interview at the office. The company covered the traveling and hotel expenses. There was a pre-interview dinner to network and interact with the interviewers and other professionals at the company.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral interview, give an example of a time you demonstrated leadership   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

It was the first interview I got in the states, so I got very nervous because English is not my primary language. The first round was taken at school, and then I was invited to visit the office and met more people from there. I think the interviewers I had interview with were all very flexible in asking questions, not many typical ones that I had prepared before the interviews. They asked most of questions based on your unique background as well as their personal experiences.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the difference between companies in China and companies in America. (yes, I come from China)   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Just basic behavior question.

Interview Questions
    • Why external audit (I know it is a simple question but I just think it is too simple to be asked and totally prepare nothing about that)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2010.

Very pleasant on-campus interview and office visit experiences. The HR ladies were very helpful and friendly. The interviews with managers and partners mainly focused on behavioral questions, not much technical questions. The Company organized pre-night happy hour and lunches for all the interviewers, which was very nice. Nice office. Very good experience overall.

Interview Questions
    Salary was standard for all entry-level staffs and matched the market. So there wasn't much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

I initially interacted with EY at my college's Meet the Firms night and was honestly really taken with the people I talked to - none of the other firms could even compare with how much I connected with EY in that first interaction. This was my first contact with the firms in my area and EY just blew me away with the warmth and friendliness of their employees.

Following MTF night, I applied through my college campus and directly on EY's website. A few days later I was contacted via email and invited for a first round on-campus interview. I was pretty nervous for my OCI because it was my second OCI ever. (My first was with KPMG two days earlier, which had left me with an unfavorable impression of said firm.)

I had worked hard to prepare myself for as many behavioral questions as possible but the truth was that my interview felt more like a friendly conversation than someone grilling me with questions from a pre-determined list. It honestly felt like my interviewer was truly interested in getting to know who I was and my background rather than to see how I could fail to answer a question.

I felt that I had a great OCI and that I really connected with my interviewer. Sure enough, a week later, my interviewer called me and invited me to the second round in-house interview as well as the dinner social the night before.

The dinner social was fantastic as we had about a 1:1 ratio of applicants to current employees. I had a great time talking to the professionals about their work and getting to know people that might potentially be starting at the same time as me. Needless to say, the dinner social really relaxed me for the following day.

The actual in-house interview went by so quickly. It started in the morning with a presentation about EY, three back-to-back one-on-one interviews, and then lunch. I had such an amazing time getting to know EY and the people that worked there throughout the day. The interviews themselves were very casual and once again, I felt like I connected with each of them as our conversations continued. I honestly could see myself working at EY as each interviewed finished. I definitely did not feel this way with any other firm.

The very next day, I received the phone call and got the offer. The whole process took a month from Meet the Firms night and I could not be happier that I will be working for EY next fall.

(I know that this was extremely wordy and probably too long for a website like glassdoor.com but I do want people to know that there is more to EY than just the Big 4 label. They truly care and I'm not saying this for any other reason than the fact that I felt it every step of the way as I went through the interview process. Or maybe I was just lucky because I was fortunate enough to find that perfect fit in a firm.)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. (honestly, none of my interviewers asked anything out of the ordinary and their questions were geared more to know who I was rather than tricky situational/behavioral questions that might be tougher to answer)   Answer Question
    I did not need to negotiate because I had an offer from another firm that had the identical starting salary and EY was always my first choice.

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

You get the interview based on your resume and connections you are able to make during social events. The on campus interview was very casual. The in office interviews were a tiny bit more intense but overall still very casual. They really just want you to ask a lot of questions.

I decided I was a better fit for a different firm.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied though my career center and got an invitation for first round interview within the first week. The whole interview was very relaxing and It was a very conversational interview. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable. They did not ask me any technical questions but make sure you ask questions at the end!

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at EY.

Pre interview dinner
    interview with a senior, a manger and a partner

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2013.

Off-cycle, I was contacted by a recruiter after she acquired my information from EY's application database. Had an initial phone screening and then we proceeded to set up and interview. 2 weeks following initial contact, I was in the office for an interview. There I met with 2 professionals- one a manager, the other a sr. manager. The interviews each lasted 30-45mins. The interview format was very relaxed and informal. It was not a typical Q&A style interview.

Interview Questions
    • Your experience is in tax, why are you applying for an audit position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2012.

Recruiter was very friendly and timely in communicating with me. As soon as the recruiter had more information regarding my application process, it seemed like she contacted me immediately. Overall, the whole firm was very receptive and welcoming. I never felt like they thought they were better than me, but seemed to genuinely take an interest in getting to know who I was.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. The interview pretty much just wanted to see if I could hold a conversation and if I was genuinely interested in the job.   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!