EY Audit Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

43 interviews

2.7

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Started off at a FInance & Accounting recruiting event at my school, I met all the recruiters and gave them my resume. From there, I was invited to my first round interview through an e-mail as well as an invite to a pre-interview social. After my first round in their office, I was invited to my round 2 interview with another invite to a pre-interview dinner/social. The 2nd round consisted of 3 interviews, all of them were 30 minutes each consisting of 2 managers and a partner. It was a full day process where we also had a tour of the office.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Audit Associate Interview

The guys who interviewed me was a senior manager from chicago office, and is nice. We talked around 35 minutes and he gave around 10 questions.

Interview Questions
    • how did you build relationship with client and team member. He threw the question when I was talking about what I see myself in five years, and mentioned relationship.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at EY.

first interview through school
    second interview at the office with pre-interview dinner
    two interviews with a partner and a senior manager and one panel with associates

Interview Questions
    • asking combinations of questions at the same time and requesting to summarize the answer   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY.

Pre-night. Everyone chat with your interviewers.
    Then next day interview. Mine was very conversational. Questions about my resume and two behavioral questions.

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at EY.

Pre interview dinner
    interview with a senior, a manger and a partner

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at EY.

Written Test>> Group Interview>> Partner Interview, No Technical questions at all in the partner interview, just be yourself and let the partner knows your motivation

Audit Associate Interview

First round interview at school, second round interview at the office. The company covered the traveling and hotel expenses. There was a pre-interview dinner to network and interact with the interviewers and other professionals at the company.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interview, give an example of a time you demonstrated leadership   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kota Kinabalu (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kota Kinabalu (Malaysia)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in July 2012.

Detail explanation on the working environment, working culture, processes and procedures of the company and audit fieldwork

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2013.

Off-cycle, I was contacted by a recruiter after she acquired my information from EY's application database. Had an initial phone screening and then we proceeded to set up and interview. 2 weeks following initial contact, I was in the office for an interview. There I met with 2 professionals- one a manager, the other a sr. manager. The interviews each lasted 30-45mins. The interview format was very relaxed and informal. It was not a typical Q&A style interview.

Interview Questions
    • Your experience is in tax, why are you applying for an audit position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

I initially interacted with EY at my college's Meet the Firms night and was honestly really taken with the people I talked to - none of the other firms could even compare with how much I connected with EY in that first interaction. This was my first contact with the firms in my area and EY just blew me away with the warmth and friendliness of their employees.

Following MTF night, I applied through my college campus and directly on EY's website. A few days later I was contacted via email and invited for a first round on-campus interview. I was pretty nervous for my OCI because it was my second OCI ever. (My first was with KPMG two days earlier, which had left me with an unfavorable impression of said firm.)

I had worked hard to prepare myself for as many behavioral questions as possible but the truth was that my interview felt more like a friendly conversation than someone grilling me with questions from a pre-determined list. It honestly felt like my interviewer was truly interested in getting to know who I was and my background rather than to see how I could fail to answer a question.

I felt that I had a great OCI and that I really connected with my interviewer. Sure enough, a week later, my interviewer called me and invited me to the second round in-house interview as well as the dinner social the night before.

The dinner social was fantastic as we had about a 1:1 ratio of applicants to current employees. I had a great time talking to the professionals about their work and getting to know people that might potentially be starting at the same time as me. Needless to say, the dinner social really relaxed me for the following day.

The actual in-house interview went by so quickly. It started in the morning with a presentation about EY, three back-to-back one-on-one interviews, and then lunch. I had such an amazing time getting to know EY and the people that worked there throughout the day. The interviews themselves were very casual and once again, I felt like I connected with each of them as our conversations continued. I honestly could see myself working at EY as each interviewed finished. I definitely did not feel this way with any other firm.

The very next day, I received the phone call and got the offer. The whole process took a month from Meet the Firms night and I could not be happier that I will be working for EY next fall.

(I know that this was extremely wordy and probably too long for a website like glassdoor.com but I do want people to know that there is more to EY than just the Big 4 label. They truly care and I'm not saying this for any other reason than the fact that I felt it every step of the way as I went through the interview process. Or maybe I was just lucky because I was fortunate enough to find that perfect fit in a firm.)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. (honestly, none of my interviewers asked anything out of the ordinary and their questions were geared more to know who I was rather than tricky situational/behavioral questions that might be tougher to answer)   Answer Question
    I did not need to negotiate because I had an offer from another firm that had the identical starting salary and EY was always my first choice.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!