EY

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Average Difficulty
38 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – My first interview was an on-campus interview-- mainly behavioral questions and a run through of my resume. Second interview, I was invited to the EY office and interviewed by 3 people including HR. Mainly behavioral as well, asking predominantly about my track for the CPA exam. Then after the interview I got a tour of the office. People were very nice and friendly, great work environment. I got the offer within two weeks.

Interview Question – Specifically why did you pick audit?   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Met with two people (both who arrived late as I was the first interview of the day), ended up spending about 5 minutes with one and 5 minutes with the other instead of a full interview. As it was, I had no time to really ask any questions nor really be asked any questions. Interviewers seemed to dismiss me before they even walked in the room (given how late they were). In short, I was not terribly impressed.

Interview Question – N/A - didn't really have a chance to get asked any questions.   Answer Question

Auditing Intern Interview

Auditing Intern

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – they did the application online first, and call me to join a test. the test is made up with two parts, first part is numerical, second part is comprehensive reading. Both are fairly easy, but the time is very limited. after that is an interview with HR, and then with partner.

Interview Question – how you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Intern Audit Interview

Intern Audit

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – recruit through school career fair. two round interviews.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when your work was unfairly evaluated by clients/boss   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very conversational, went over resume, asked three behavioral questions

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were the main reason for your team's success.   Answer Question

Audit Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was not daunting as the interviewer was pleasant. Most questions relate to extra curricular activities outside of study, previous working experience and a typical question on strengths and weaknesses.

Look confident and be certain of the qualities you put in your resume, as the interviewer will likely drill into the finer details.

However, always remember that the culture described by the interviewer usually sounds better than the actual culture, which you will only know when you work there or consult people who are working there.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It is a good experience, especially if applying for internship. Otherwise, might need to consider seriously if deciding to take up as a full-time job.

Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was very laid back. I had done the ELP so I was already familiar with the recruiters (and they were familiar with me). My interview process was just if I had any questions and they simply prepped me for the office visit. At the office visit, we had a meet and greet with several staff at breakfast, an interview with a senior manager, lunch, then interview with a partner. I found out a few weeks later that I was offered an internship, and I accepted! From friends going through the interview process, I heard that the initial interviews (prior to the office visit) were strictly behavioral based.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you managed a team and things didn't work out as planned.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for interns.

Houston, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was pretty easy. i had a phone interview.then i was called in for an office visit..then i received a call the next day that i have been made an offer.
The people at the houston office are really nice and calm its definately a place i would want to work

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through my school and had an on-campus interview (1:1). Pretty standard behavioral interview, nothing fancy. Made it to 2nd round in NY and had two 1:1 interviews with a manager and partner. All very nice people. Still, only behaviorals. Went out to lunch with staff members and was treated to a sushi lunch (on their tab of course). Great day overall. Got the offer two days later and accepted.

Interview Question – How have you dealt with failure?   View Answer

Hanoi (Vietnam)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process includes application, IQ and skill testing, assessment centre and interview with 2 managers (1 from HR and 1 from the division you apply for). Those managers are very friendly, which was a bonus point.

Interview Question – Questions are quite standard, and may vary. Some got behaviour-based, some got technical-based. Don't know why there is such inconsistency   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!