EY

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
Los Angeles, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process for an audit internship revolves around behavioral interviews. There were a set of 3 interviews -- the first of which was a phone interview - casual and basically a screening process for the on campus interview. EY heavily recruits out of my school, which made the set up process for the interviews very easy. During the on campus interview, they went over the content of my resume and discussed my intentions with public accounting. The in house interview involved a series of 3 interviews of 45 minutes each -- with a senior/manager, senior manager and a partner. Each of my interviews involved behavioral questions in how I responded under pressure, my ability to work with teams, etc. I asked a lot of questions during my interviews and I believe that led them to believe I was interested and excited about the position.

Having now been involved with the recruiting process on the other end, what I think EY looks most for in an audit candidate include:
- strong command of English (unless recruiting for a language specialized division of EY)
- examples of the ability to work well in teams
- strong interest in the public accounting field
- humble, yet confident presence

Interview Question – When have you had an experience with a difficult team member? What did you do to resolve the difficulty and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an intern or a new hire there is no room for negotiation. As an experienced hire (senior position and above) there is significant room for negotiation, as there is a huge demand for effective seniors. This is especially true for candidates coming from other Big 4 firms.

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
Los Angeles, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Interview Details – Submit resume and cover letter. Initial interview was a one on one campus interview. Then the prospective candidates were flown out to LA where there was a three interview process with levels of different management. You're assigned a buddy to take you everywhere during the day.

Interview Question – Why auditing?   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!