EY Audit Internship Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in October 2012.

Began contact with EY during my sophomore year and had attended all recruiting events up until my senior year. Went through the Leadership Program and was not offered an office interview after that event because I was unsure of which service line I wanted to ultimately go into. Was invited to the Office interview the following fall after recruitment, went through all of the interviews, but was not given an offer. I had taken the time to get to know a lot of the people in the office and still was not given the opportunity to intern at my top accounting firm choice and was very surprised that this happened. My advice is to keep your options open, because I spent all of my time with their firm and was not given the opportunity after all.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in November 2011.

Since I began researching internships with Big 4 firms, EY had always stood out to me. Being from a smaller school in the NW (less Big 4 recruiting, more local/regional firms), I had to prioritize my time when applying to firms for summer internships. I went to Ernst & Young's summer-end social, and met everyone from freshly graduated interns to the managing partner. If you are from a smaller, less-targeted school, it is vital that you get your name out there before recruiting season.

My first round was conducted over the phone, and I was quickly offered a second round interview.

In-house interviews went well. My first impression of Ernst & Young was that everyone seemed genuinely happy to be there. Sure, Big 4 is notorious for overworking their staff, but the vibe I got from those involved in the interview process was overwhelmingly positive.

I received an offer later that night.

Interview Questions
    • List three of your defining characteristics and how they are active in your extracurricular activities/academics.   Answer Question

Audit Internship Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in October 2011.

Attended a dinner the evening before the interview with associates and staff members from the firm. The dinner was very laid back and was a great opportunity to ask questions in a relaxed environment. The following day I had 1:1 interviews with three partners from the firm. All interviews were very relaxed and ended up being me asking questions about their experience and opinion.