EY Audit Staff Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.7

Audit Staff Interview

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews - one with an audit partner and the second with a manager. The first interview was interesting, the partner seemed disinterested and keen on asking tough questions. The second interview was a lot more personable and conversation-like.

Interview Questions

• What are you learning about in your classes regarding regulation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I got the interview by employee referral. First interview was a phone interview that lasted about 30 mins, basic questions about myself and situational question. Heard back a week later that I got a second interview - office interview with 3 different personnel - a partner and 2 senior managers. It's very conversational interview. Got a call a few hours later from a partner saying that I got the job.
    I got asked all three times: "Tell me about yourself" so prepare that real well, make sure that you make it personal, conversational and start off with some light jokes. I was really comfortable the whole time and the interviewers were really helpful. They made it all about you. Remember, they are human like us and they wouldn't want to hear something that too stiff. The one thing that I really remember is that they emphasized on you being a people person so make sure to show them that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Career path
      CPA eligibility
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Can you tell me about your experience with EY?
      What is your greatest achievement?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY.

Interview

I got this interview through an internal referral. I think I did pretty well in the first phone interview, because I got an invitation to visit the office over the phone before we hanged up.

The office interview overall was great to me. The partners I talked to are really nice and are willing to share their stories. The interviews were casual and conversational. We discussed various of topics, such as hobbits, traveling, and past internship experience etc. But I did not receive an offer that time. I guess pretty much it was because I did not know what to expect the time when I visited EY, since I did not really have much interview experience. Other than that, I enjoyed my visit in EY a lot.

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied online but was also referred by former employees. Process was fairly smooth and communication from EY was excellent. I did not come from a recruited school so having contacts inside the company was key. Once you get your foot in the door, you are treated the same as all other candidates. Instead of an on campus interview, I had a phone interview with a manager. Interview was very personable and consisted of basic questions regarding who I was and why I was interested in EY as well as walking them through my resume. Conversation ended with a couple behavioral questions. Heard back a couple days later that I was invited to the second round of interviews which was an office visit. The visit consisted of dinner with two staff the night before. The next day there was a brief presentation by a senior manager and a staff panel in which the pool of interviewees asked questions about the firm. Was taken to lunch by a couple of different staff and then had three 1:1 interviews with managers. Was called by a partner a week later and offered a staff position.

Be yourself. Once you get to the interview process, they simply want to get to know you as a person. Don't be cocky or arrogant but don't be afraid to highlight your achievements. These are people who have gone through the same process as you're going through so they understand the pressure.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Audit Staff Interview

Interview

On campus interview first round. Submit resume on campus recruiting and join the career fair. a week to prepare. 20 minute. First talk, then some regular question such as walk through resume, CPA eligible, why accounting, why my school, why EY, Why audit, big strengthens and weakness, career path in the future, what you know about EY and some behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself over the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Interview

They are all behavioral. ask you your strengths and weaknesses. ask you why you choose this company. ask you the conflict. ask you the teamwork. You need to stay professional dont get carried away by small talk. They dont like it when you do that. Remember, it is a formal interview but chitchat time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room.

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

First round interview was pretty easy. The partner just talked about recent news and why I choose accounting. I really had a good impression on EY because the pre night in our school was so huge and people I talked to were so nice. But the second round interview was just DISAPPOINTING. HR set two senior associates to interview me and I can feel during the interview process that both of them did not want to talk to me and just wanted to get back to their work. I got the rejection letter two days later. I don't think I deserve the rejection letter and was unqualified. (being told I have a great personality by other people, got 3.8 GPA and plenty of working/internship experience) I was really disappointed that EY does not pay that much attention to interview candidates (only two senior associates for second round? really?). If you do not have any experience people to do the interview, then don't invite people down to NYC for second round!

Audit Staff Interview

Interview

There were two interviews. I was Asked personality questions. On campus interview was first and then second round office tour and interview pursued if they liked you after round one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Interview

3 Steps
    1. phone conversation with recruiter - basic personality and resume questions
    2. on campus interview - Mine lasted 45 minutes. Asked more in depth questions about my resume. What are your biggest strengths/weaknesses? What is a time you have had trouble with a teammate and how have you dealt with that?
    3. Office Visit - They flew me to the office location I wanted, and put me up in a really nice hotel. The first night someone came to the hotel to pick me up and take me to a partner's house for dinner with other staff and applicants. The office visit consisted of a presentation, staff panel, 3 30 minute interviews, and a lunch with staff and the other applicants. The interviews mainly consisted of me asking them questions about their experience at EY.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think building relationships is important in business?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in November 2014.

Interview

5 Week Process. 1st round campus, 2nd round office visit. Questions were the same as 1st round, just a little more difficult. Everyone was friendly and there were 2 30 minute interviews with 2 senior managers then lunch with a staff. I got a phone call next day by one of my interviewers telling me I got extended an offer to work for them.

Interview Questions

• None, they are just interviewing you to see if you fit their culture and they already know your competent from 1st round interviews   Answer Question

Accepted another offer