EY

Average Difficulty
103 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New Orleans, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was a Campus hire. Had a Campus interview with an executive, which determined if you were going to get an office visit. Then at the office visit I had 2 more interviews and concluded with the offer meeting with a partner.

Interview Question – What is a sum-if function in excel?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, campus hire.

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – first round of interviews were general questions. laid back conversational interview. the second interview was at their office. they are very good at letting you know within 2 week what their final decision is. one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen sixteen.

Interview Question – they made everyone get up and say what their name is, where they went to school, what position they were applying for, and name something interesting about themselves. fairly awkward.   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – All the interviewers are super nice. There's no tricky question or behavioral question involved. Most of the questions were about the impression to the firm and any related working experience like internship.

Interview Question – Be prepared for the work style is very important   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – 1:1 phone interview, 4 behavioral questions about teamwork and leadership experience, very typical interview. around 20 mins. I thought I did better than any of my previous interviews, but receive rejection very fast

Interview Question – how do you deliver a bad news   Answer Question

Audit Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – Got hired out of the college. No technical questions were asked during the interviews. They were only trying to get to know me to see if I would fit the company culture. The interviewers were nice and laid back.

Interview Question – conversation. No technical questions   Answer Question

Audit Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I was selected for the internship through the Super Day experience. During the super day an interview was given, which was more of a behavioral interview. I was asked personal questions dealing with leadership, communication, conflicts, and extracurriculars. The interviewer was very nice and down to earth. I was nervous upon beginning the interview, but they are just trying to get to know you to see if you would be a good fit at EY.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All staff begin with the same base salary

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – on campus interview, most of time just go through resume

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Initial communications were through my university. The process was very smooth. Interviews consisted of one informal on-campus interview, followed by one office visit. During the office visit, the firm is really trying to sell you on what they have to offer and provide you with an opportunity to meet as many people as possible, so you get a feel fro the office and your potential colleagues.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. Just questions like "why public accounting?" "Why EY?", etc.   Answer Question

Honolulu, HI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in May 2013.

Interview Details – 1) Apply through the EY website
2) Campus interview with Manager/ Senior Manger
3) Office interviews with Director/ Partner
4) Lunch with Staffs/ Seniors
5) Receive phone call from the local office on the hiring decision

Interview Question – If you didn't choose EY, where else would you choose to work at?   View Answer

New Orleans, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was applied through our university recruiting website as well as EY career website. I was invited to pre-interview dinner, a senior auditor sit besides me and she was friendly. During the interview at the next day, a woman just traveled from the office I applied interviewed me, it was typical questions, went through my resume and asked about the career path, and "tell me about your strength and something not on your resume".

Interview Question – They were all expected questions, just be prepared.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Audit Staff interview questions and advice. All 103 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.