EY

Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.6

122 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

3 Steps
1. phone conversation with recruiter - basic personality and resume questions
2. on campus interview - Mine lasted 45 minutes. Asked more in depth questions about my resume. What are your biggest strengths/weaknesses? What is a time you have had trouble with a teammate and how have you dealt with that?
3. Office Visit - They flew me to the office location I wanted, and put me up in a really nice hotel. The first night someone came to the hotel to pick me up and take me to a partner's house for dinner with other staff and applicants. The office visit consisted of a presentation, staff panel, 3 30 minute interviews, and a lunch with staff and the other applicants. The interviews mainly consisted of me asking them questions about their experience at EY.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think building relationships is important in business?   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in November 2014.

5 Week Process. 1st round campus, 2nd round office visit. Questions were the same as 1st round, just a little more difficult. Everyone was friendly and there were 2 30 minute interviews with 2 senior managers then lunch with a staff. I got a phone call next day by one of my interviewers telling me I got extended an offer to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • None, they are just interviewing you to see if you fit their culture and they already know your competent from 1st round interviews   Answer Question

Accepted another offer

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Two interviews. one is on campus the other is on side
    The on campus one is pretty causal, just make the interviewer know you better. The on side one is pretty stressful. Two interviewers, back to back, asking very detail questions about any kind of things. Also went through the resume as well. But I don't think they really care about what you answers are. At the first 30 seconds, they have decided NOT YOU.

Audit Staff Interview

on campus recruiting, first round, only behavioral questions. Asked about my summer experiences, on campus activities and teamwork experiences. I was also asked about my biggest achievement. No direct question about why you are interested in audit.

Interview Questions
    • Did not ask me to introduce myself at the start. Started as an unexpected way. The most unexpected questions are biggest achievement. Tips, always remember elaborate why you are applying for that position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

It was college recuruiting process. The interview came to campus to interview me. I passed resume screening and was invited to the interview. My school was in NY, but senior manager from different state came for the interview. She asked why I wanted to study accounting and what made me to apply assurance. She asked me where I want to locate, and what industry I want to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Why EY, Tamwork experience, What made you study accounting, Why not Tax, Why assurance.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

It is a conversational interview, the partner asked for the information which he wanted to know very randomly, barely behavioral questions. And there is another round of manager interview, which contained more behavioral questions and walking through the resume.

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

I applied through campus recruiting process and it took me a week to receive the first on-campus interview. After a week of the on-campus interview, I was invited to an office visit.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions. The interviewer just went through my resume and chatted with me.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY.

Partner interviewed. Asked about my working experience, leadership example, etc. just about 3 questions. I asked about 5 questions, and he talked about 25 min. Pre-night event is very important, you got chance to talk to your recruiter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

First on-campus interview for the college students. I was interviewed by a senior manager for 30 min, The whole interview was very conversational, whereas he talked a lot about his experiences that I had limited time to speak.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was to find a break-through point to say something about myself. I felt that I was completely led by the interviewer and couldn't lead the conversation at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

They were all over the place at my university and were great in answering questions. After they interviewed me the first time I was sent to a summer leadership program where they told me more about the company and what to expect from the job. After that I had one more interview and they offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • There really aren't any technical questions. It's a behavioral interview.   Answer Question