EY Audit Staff Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.7

Audit Staff Interview

Interview

on campus recruiting, first round, only behavioral questions. Asked about my summer experiences, on campus activities and teamwork experiences. I was also asked about my biggest achievement. No direct question about why you are interested in audit.

Interview Questions

• Did not ask me to introduce myself at the start. Started as an unexpected way. The most unexpected questions are biggest achievement. Tips, always remember elaborate why you are applying for that position   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Two interviews. one is on campus the other is on side
    The on campus one is pretty causal, just make the interviewer know you better. The on side one is pretty stressful. Two interviewers, back to back, asking very detail questions about any kind of things. Also went through the resume as well. But I don't think they really care about what you answers are. At the first 30 seconds, they have decided NOT YOU.

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

It is a conversational interview, the partner asked for the information which he wanted to know very randomly, barely behavioral questions. And there is another round of manager interview, which contained more behavioral questions and walking through the resume.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

It was college recuruiting process. The interview came to campus to interview me. I passed resume screening and was invited to the interview. My school was in NY, but senior manager from different state came for the interview. She asked why I wanted to study accounting and what made me to apply assurance. She asked me where I want to locate, and what industry I want to work for.

Interview Questions

• Why EY, Tamwork experience, What made you study accounting, Why not Tax, Why assurance.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting process and it took me a week to receive the first on-campus interview. After a week of the on-campus interview, I was invited to an office visit.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions. The interviewer just went through my resume and chatted with me.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Partner interviewed. Asked about my working experience, leadership example, etc. just about 3 questions. I asked about 5 questions, and he talked about 25 min. Pre-night event is very important, you got chance to talk to your recruiter

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

First on-campus interview for the college students. I was interviewed by a senior manager for 30 min, The whole interview was very conversational, whereas he talked a lot about his experiences that I had limited time to speak.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was to find a break-through point to say something about myself. I felt that I was completely led by the interviewer and couldn't lead the conversation at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

They were all over the place at my university and were great in answering questions. After they interviewed me the first time I was sent to a summer leadership program where they told me more about the company and what to expect from the job. After that I had one more interview and they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• There really aren't any technical questions. It's a behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

Interview

Start with breakfast in the hotel with a host assigned. After that all the pair walked to the office. Three interview with a half hour office tour. People are really nice. The interviews are conversational. Some behavioral questions but not hard. The office setting is nice and people are energetic. After the interview, we had lunch with the host before we took off.

Interview Questions

• Why choose assurance service, why public accounting and why EY.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Came from campus recruiting. On campus interviewer were supposed to be a manager. The manager got schedule conflict so the campus recruiter conducted the interview instead. It was pretty relaxed, just behavior questions and why EY kind of classical questions. I had a great interview experience with our campus recuiter. I received the office interview invitation three days later.

There were two round interviews for the on site. My first interviewer were a senior manager and then a manager. My first interview went smoothly. However, I didn't handle the questions well on my second one. Although he said his interview style was conversational, I didn't like it. He didn't ask too many follow up questions and kind of let me lead the interview. I was a little bit panic when the talk came to stop.

I received an phone call about one and half week later said they will extend an offer to me but the official offer letter will be given by next week. I am still waiting for it.

Some insiders said if they give you the offer very quickly, one to three days, you were their top candidate other wise you might on the waiting list, not their first choice.