EY Audit Staff Interview Questions

2.6

112 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY.

Behavior questions only: Campus recruiting -> On site

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

recruited through on campus recruiting. attended several EY mixers and socials. had round one interview. pretty easy, mostly behavioral question. I advanced to the final round. Final round day I interviewed with 3 different people: senior, senior manager and a partner. all behavioral questions. they rely heavily on your GPA and base your technical understanding on the grades you receive in your accounting classes. the rest is all behavioral questions.

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY.

The first round interview was on campus. Two managers came from the service. I came in 20 minutes earlier, the one manager was waiting for me in the waiting room. We had a small discusion before the real interview. After that, I was led to a room for the inverview by another manager. I received 2nd round comfirmation after 2 weeks. The 2nd round was in New York city office. I was again interviewed by two managers.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any thing else want to tell me?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY.

I was called for a phone interview a few days after recruiters came to visit my school. This interview was very straightforward, and we mostly talked about my qualifications and resume. I also got the chance to ask my initial questions about the company and the open positions at the firm. A day later, they invited me in for a office visit the following week. The office visit consisted of a dinner with a couple staff members the night before, an informative staff panel in the morning, lunch, and then one-on-one interviews with management. Overall it was a very comfortable and informative experience. Their hiring decision after the interview took about three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Which of your weaknesses would cause you to leave the accounting profession in the future?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

I began the process with a dinner the night before an on campus interview. At the dinner I got to meet with my interviewer and familiarize myself with them. At my on campus interview, my interviewer asked me mostly behavioral questions and a couple questions about my resume. I heard back from that about a week later with an invitation to visit the office. The office interview consisted of two interviews and lunch with staff members. The interviews in the office were just about getting to know you and asked simple questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were put in an unethical situation.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Had an on campus interview followed by two back to back interviews at the midtown office. The on-campus was a more general HR type questions, while the in office was a bit more conversational. It wasn't stressful at all, very relaxed in fact. The key is to be genuine, it helps makes the day go by quicker. They want to hear from you, not necessarily your rehearsed short answers.

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Went through on campus recruiting. 1st round was on campus interviews, met with a Manager who asked mainly behavioral questions. 2nd round was in house office interviews where you met with 3 people: managers, sr managers, or partners. Afterward they take you to a meal where they see if you can carry a conversation and take note of your social etiquette. Overall a good experience

Audit Staff Interview

The hiring process was morderate difficulty. I maintained a good GPA. I got the job through an Emerging Leaders Program that the Company offered at my school. The people I interviewed with were very open and easy to talk to. I liked the interview process as it was manageable. The recruiter was very nice and helpful throughout the whole process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting. Went to first round on-campus interview with a partner on Oct. 16th and second round on-site interview with two senior managers on Nov. 21st. Both were one-to-one. The whole process, from first round interview to final decision making, took almost 5 weeks. However, the decision was made the next day right after the office visit.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical. Most of them were conversational. I had three interviewers during the whole interview process. There was only one guy asking me many questions about my experience, like the best/worst team/people you've ever worked with, describing a time when you made a right/wrong decision, etc.   View Answer
    I like the company and people there. They are very nice and friendly. I didn't negotiate because the benefit or salary for new employees is basically identical in all of the big four.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

I was ask to come in for an interview at the Roseville office. It was very conversational, and comfortable but really short. Then I was asked to come back for 2nd interview I had an interview with 1 partner and 2 manager level associates.

Interview Questions
    • He asked 1or 2 behavioral questions and he mostly asked about my resume. Sorry I don't remember exactly what questions he asked.   Answer Question