EY Audit Staff Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.7

Audit Staff Interview

Interview

There were two interviews. I was Asked personality questions. On campus interview was first and then second round office tour and interview pursued if they liked you after round one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Interview

3 Steps 1. phone conversation with recruiter - basic personality and resume questions 2. on campus interview - Mine lasted 45 minutes. Asked more in depth questions about my resume. What are your biggest strengths/weaknesses? What is a time you have had trouble with a teammate and how have you dealt with that? 3. Office Visit - They flew me to the office location I wanted, and put me up in a really nice hotel. The first night someone came to the hotel to pick me up and take me to a partner's house for dinner with other staff and applicants. The office visit consisted of a presentation, staff panel, 3 30 minute interviews, and a lunch with staff and the other applicants. The interviews mainly consisted of me asking them questions about their experience at EY.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think building relationships is important in business?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in November 2014.

Interview

5 Week Process. 1st round campus, 2nd round office visit. Questions were the same as 1st round, just a little more difficult. Everyone was friendly and there were 2 30 minute interviews with 2 senior managers then lunch with a staff. I got a phone call next day by one of my interviewers telling me I got extended an offer to work for them.

Interview Questions

• None, they are just interviewing you to see if you fit their culture and they already know your competent from 1st round interviews   Answer Question

Accepted another offer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

First interview was on campus. After that I was invited to a dinner nearby campus with other candidates and EY employees. A couple weeks later they invited us to the office for another dinner and 3 more 1-1 interviews. During both dinners the EY employees seemed uninterested in being at the event. They called the next business day with an offer (~55k).

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to read a case study and advise based on the facts given.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (Redwood City, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a campus recruiter and got invited to an in-house interview after two weeks. I went into the office in the morning. There were 3 candidates including me. We were each assigned a host (Staff Auditor who had joined the company for about a year). We had breakfast with our host and they shared their experience with EY. Then we had interview with a Manager, Sr. Mgr, and a Partner. Each was about 30 mins. Our host took us to lunch afterwards, they further shared their experience. The whole interview process (including breakfast and lunch) was about half day. I got a call from the Partner about an hour after the interview and I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself/ Why are you interested in audit?/ Talk about a teamwork experience/ Talk about an experience where you had a conflict with your teammate or co-worker   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received the offer an hour after the in-house interview and I accepted it right away.

Audit Staff Interview

Interview

on campus recruiting, first round, only behavioral questions. Asked about my summer experiences, on campus activities and teamwork experiences. I was also asked about my biggest achievement. No direct question about why you are interested in audit.

Interview Questions

• Did not ask me to introduce myself at the start. Started as an unexpected way. The most unexpected questions are biggest achievement. Tips, always remember elaborate why you are applying for that position   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

It is a conversational interview, the partner asked for the information which he wanted to know very randomly, barely behavioral questions. And there is another round of manager interview, which contained more behavioral questions and walking through the resume.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

It was college recuruiting process. The interview came to campus to interview me. I passed resume screening and was invited to the interview. My school was in NY, but senior manager from different state came for the interview. She asked why I wanted to study accounting and what made me to apply assurance. She asked me where I want to locate, and what industry I want to work for.

Interview Questions

• Why EY, Tamwork experience, What made you study accounting, Why not Tax, Why assurance.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Two interviews. one is on campus the other is on side The on campus one is pretty causal, just make the interviewer know you better. The on side one is pretty stressful. Two interviewers, back to back, asking very detail questions about any kind of things. Also went through the resume as well. But I don't think they really care about what you answers are. At the first 30 seconds, they have decided NOT YOU.

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting process and it took me a week to receive the first on-campus interview. After a week of the on-campus interview, I was invited to an office visit.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions. The interviewer just went through my resume and chatted with me.   Answer Question