EY Audit Staff Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.6

Audit Staff Interview

First phase was a phone interview. Second phase was one on one interviews with a senior or manager and a partner. Followed by a lunch with staff auditor. Everyone has an input in your interview process.

Interview Questions
Not much room for negotiation. Most of the big 4 offer the same pay etc. for entry level staff.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Audit Staff Interview

Behavioral style interview. I did the interview in college so they wanted to know stuff i did in college with groups. I had to interview on campus, then in new york. I spoke with the senior manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    I got it straight after my nternship

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

The hiring and interview process was very smooth. I applied through a recruiter and the process took approximately 4 weeks. They got back to me within a week for a phone interview. Two weeks later I received an email for a second round interview at their office. It was an 1-on-1 interview with two senior managers and each interview lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation with a team member.   Answer Question
    Not much from for negotiation.

Audit Staff Interview

first round of interviews were general questions. laid back conversational interview. the second interview was at their office. they are very good at letting you know within 2 week what their final decision is. one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen sixteen.

Interview Questions
    • they made everyone get up and say what their name is, where they went to school, what position they were applying for, and name something interesting about themselves. fairly awkward.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

All the interviewers are super nice. There's no tricky question or behavioral question involved. Most of the questions were about the impression to the firm and any related working experience like internship.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

1:1 phone interview, 4 behavioral questions about teamwork and leadership experience, very typical interview. around 20 mins. I thought I did better than any of my previous interviews, but receive rejection very fast

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY.

I was selected for the internship through the Super Day experience. During the super day an interview was given, which was more of a behavioral interview. I was asked personal questions dealing with leadership, communication, conflicts, and extracurriculars. The interviewer was very nice and down to earth. I was nervous upon beginning the interview, but they are just trying to get to know you to see if you would be a good fit at EY.

No negotiation. All staff begin with the same base salary

Audit Staff Interview

Initial communications were through my university. The process was very smooth. Interviews consisted of one informal on-campus interview, followed by one office visit. During the office visit, the firm is really trying to sell you on what they have to offer and provide you with an opportunity to meet as many people as possible, so you get a feel fro the office and your potential colleagues.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Just questions like "why public accounting?" "Why EY?", etc.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

on campus interview, most of time just go through resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Behavior questions only: Campus recruiting -> On site