EY

Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.6

124 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY.

I was selected for the internship through the Super Day experience. During the super day an interview was given, which was more of a behavioral interview. I was asked personal questions dealing with leadership, communication, conflicts, and extracurriculars. The interviewer was very nice and down to earth. I was nervous upon beginning the interview, but they are just trying to get to know you to see if you would be a good fit at EY.

No negotiation. All staff begin with the same base salary

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Audit Staff Interview

Initial communications were through my university. The process was very smooth. Interviews consisted of one informal on-campus interview, followed by one office visit. During the office visit, the firm is really trying to sell you on what they have to offer and provide you with an opportunity to meet as many people as possible, so you get a feel fro the office and your potential colleagues.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Just questions like "why public accounting?" "Why EY?", etc.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

on campus interview, most of time just go through resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Behavior questions only: Campus recruiting -> On site

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in January 2014.

recruited through on campus recruiting. attended several EY mixers and socials. had round one interview. pretty easy, mostly behavioral question. I advanced to the final round. Final round day I interviewed with 3 different people: senior, senior manager and a partner. all behavioral questions. they rely heavily on your GPA and base your technical understanding on the grades you receive in your accounting classes. the rest is all behavioral questions.

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY.

The first round interview was on campus. Two managers came from the service. I came in 20 minutes earlier, the one manager was waiting for me in the waiting room. We had a small discusion before the real interview. After that, I was led to a room for the inverview by another manager. I received 2nd round comfirmation after 2 weeks. The 2nd round was in New York city office. I was again interviewed by two managers.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any thing else want to tell me?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY.

I was called for a phone interview a few days after recruiters came to visit my school. This interview was very straightforward, and we mostly talked about my qualifications and resume. I also got the chance to ask my initial questions about the company and the open positions at the firm. A day later, they invited me in for a office visit the following week. The office visit consisted of a dinner with a couple staff members the night before, an informative staff panel in the morning, lunch, and then one-on-one interviews with management. Overall it was a very comfortable and informative experience. Their hiring decision after the interview took about three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Which of your weaknesses would cause you to leave the accounting profession in the future?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

I began the process with a dinner the night before an on campus interview. At the dinner I got to meet with my interviewer and familiarize myself with them. At my on campus interview, my interviewer asked me mostly behavioral questions and a couple questions about my resume. I heard back from that about a week later with an invitation to visit the office. The office interview consisted of two interviews and lunch with staff members. The interviews in the office were just about getting to know you and asked simple questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were put in an unethical situation.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Had an on campus interview followed by two back to back interviews at the midtown office. The on-campus was a more general HR type questions, while the in office was a bit more conversational. It wasn't stressful at all, very relaxed in fact. The key is to be genuine, it helps makes the day go by quicker. They want to hear from you, not necessarily your rehearsed short answers.

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Went through on campus recruiting. 1st round was on campus interviews, met with a Manager who asked mainly behavioral questions. 2nd round was in house office interviews where you met with 3 people: managers, sr managers, or partners. Afterward they take you to a meal where they see if you can carry a conversation and take note of your social etiquette. Overall a good experience