EY

Updated Nov 8, 2014

2.4

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in August 2010.

Get an interview opportunity from college recruiting website, sign up for interview on school not on E&Y. lots of behaviour questions such as:Last group leader position, what you did? how u lead your members.

Interview Questions
  • discribe a time you create a new method to solve the problem   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2011.

Met with Partner on campus. Very laid back interview. Spoke about my experiences and how I juggle work and graduate school. Was invited for office visit where I had two interviews: one with a partner and one with a senior manager. Again interviews were more conversational. Senior manager asked me more about my day to day activities and about exactly what I do. Very nice people!

Took over 2 weeks to get back to me (I'm assuming I was 2nd tier).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an experience you've had with a nightmare client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2011.

Very typical campus recruiting process. First round was on campus, which included a prenight get-together and a one-to-one interview with a manager the following day. Quite casual, the interview only lasted 15 mins. The manager mentioned in the prenight that the length of the interview did not mean anything. He asked one or two behavior questions and mostly asked me to explain my experiences on my resume. Then I waited for entire two weeks until receiving notice of the next round office visit in New York.

Second round included two back-to-back interviews, an office tour, a free lunch and a background check. I interviewed with two partners in FSO. And neither of them asked me more than one behavior question. They talked about themselves, went through my resume and asked me to ask them questions.

Suggestions for second round. The interviewers will definitely focus on your resume, so make sure you could explain your experiences well. The interviews are like conversations, so do not be nervous. And prepare a lot of questions. My second interviewer let me take the lead after his self introduction.

Tried, but failed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in March 2009.

Began with an over the phone informal conversation with someone from HR. Then two in person interviews about forty-five minutes long. First interview was with a senior manager and second was with a partner.Each person gets a peer guide who will talk them from interview to interview and then to lunch after. Everyone was very nice. Was offered the job about 2-3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions - nothing too hard to answer. Mostly team based questions   Answer Question
    No negotiations. I was given an offer and I took it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

It was college recuruiting process. The interview came to campus to interview me. I passed resume screening and was invited to the interview. My school was in NY, but senior manager from different state came for the interview. She asked why I wanted to study accounting and what made me to apply assurance. She asked me where I want to locate, and what industry I want to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Why EY, Tamwork experience, What made you study accounting, Why not Tax, Why assurance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

Came from campus recruiting. On campus interviewer were supposed to be a manager. The manager got schedule conflict so the campus recruiter conducted the interview instead. It was pretty relaxed, just behavior questions and why EY kind of classical questions. I had a great interview experience with our campus recuiter. I received the office interview invitation three days later.

There were two round interviews for the on site. My first interviewer were a senior manager and then a manager. My first interview went smoothly. However, I didn't handle the questions well on my second one. Although he said his interview style was conversational, I didn't like it. He didn't ask too many follow up questions and kind of let me lead the interview. I was a little bit panic when the talk came to stop.

I received an phone call about one and half week later said they will extend an offer to me but the official offer letter will be given by next week. I am still waiting for it.

Some insiders said if they give you the offer very quickly, one to three days, you were their top candidate other wise you might on the waiting list, not their first choice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting. Went to first round on-campus interview with a partner on Oct. 16th and second round on-site interview with two senior managers on Nov. 21st. Both were one-to-one. The whole process, from first round interview to final decision making, took almost 5 weeks. However, the decision was made the next day right after the office visit.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical. Most of them were conversational. I had three interviewers during the whole interview process. There was only one guy asking me many questions about my experience, like the best/worst team/people you've ever worked with, describing a time when you made a right/wrong decision, etc.   View Answer
    I like the company and people there. They are very nice and friendly. I didn't negotiate because the benefit or salary for new employees is basically identical in all of the big four.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Behavior questions only: Campus recruiting -> On site

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2010.

Campus recruiting involves on campus interviews/phone interview and an on site interview at the location you are applying for. You will typically have 3 interviews with 3 different people for on site interviews. Most questions are behavioral and not very technical.

Interview Questions
    • Addressing weakness and difficult moments. Typically not a hard question but that is how hard it will get. Interviews are conversational and not very intimidating.   Answer Question
    No negotiation or starting bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in October 2011.

Tell me about your self
    Tell me about a time you work in a team and a team member did not want to participate