EY

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details – Get an interview opportunity from college recruiting website, sign up for interview on school not on E&Y. lots of behaviour questions such as:Last group leader position, what you did? how u lead your members.

Interview Question – discribe a time you create a new method to solve the problem   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview Details – Met with Partner on campus. Very laid back interview. Spoke about my experiences and how I juggle work and graduate school. Was invited for office visit where I had two interviews: one with a partner and one with a senior manager. Again interviews were more conversational. Senior manager asked me more about my day to day activities and about exactly what I do. Very nice people!

Took over 2 weeks to get back to me (I'm assuming I was 2nd tier).

Interview Question – Tell me about an experience you've had with a nightmare client.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very typical campus recruiting process. First round was on campus, which included a prenight get-together and a one-to-one interview with a manager the following day. Quite casual, the interview only lasted 15 mins. The manager mentioned in the prenight that the length of the interview did not mean anything. He asked one or two behavior questions and mostly asked me to explain my experiences on my resume. Then I waited for entire two weeks until receiving notice of the next round office visit in New York.

Second round included two back-to-back interviews, an office tour, a free lunch and a background check. I interviewed with two partners in FSO. And neither of them asked me more than one behavior question. They talked about themselves, went through my resume and asked me to ask them questions.

Suggestions for second round. The interviewers will definitely focus on your resume, so make sure you could explain your experiences well. The interviews are like conversations, so do not be nervous. And prepare a lot of questions. My second interviewer let me take the lead after his self introduction.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Tried, but failed.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in March 2009.

Interview Details – Began with an over the phone informal conversation with someone from HR. Then two in person interviews about forty-five minutes long. First interview was with a senior manager and second was with a partner.Each person gets a peer guide who will talk them from interview to interview and then to lunch after. Everyone was very nice. Was offered the job about 2-3 days later.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions - nothing too hard to answer. Mostly team based questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. I was given an offer and I took it

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting. Went to first round on-campus interview with a partner on Oct. 16th and second round on-site interview with two senior managers on Nov. 21st. Both were one-to-one. The whole process, from first round interview to final decision making, took almost 5 weeks. However, the decision was made the next day right after the office visit.

Interview Question – Nothing technical. Most of them were conversational. I had three interviewers during the whole interview process. There was only one guy asking me many questions about my experience, like the best/worst team/people you've ever worked with, describing a time when you made a right/wrong decision, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I like the company and people there. They are very nice and friendly. I didn't negotiate because the benefit or salary for new employees is basically identical in all of the big four.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Behavior questions only: Campus recruiting -> On site

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – Tell me about your self
Tell me about a time you work in a team and a team member did not want to participate

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – First round was on campus with a recruiter. Four days later I got invited back for an office-visit (i.e. second round). I got nervous at first because everybody kept stressing "fit", "dedication", and "know what's going on in accounting". However, the actual interviews were pretty laid back. I had one with a manager and another with the partner.

The day started off with a presentation of E&Y Career as well as all the candidates introducing themselves. Then everyone was assigned to an escort who takes you to the interview location. After the interviews, you go to lunch with your escort and that pretty much concludes the day. I got a call the very next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a teamwork experience where you had to help out your teammates.   Answer Question
  • Describe a challenge you faced that required immediate reaction.   Answer Question

Iselin, NJ

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed on campus and less than a week later I was invited for a second interview. Received offer the very next day. It was a very excellent experience. Loved every single person I met

Interview Question – Tell me about a leadership experience   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through my school and received an email saying they would like to schedule an on-campus interview. I interviewed with an audit partner. The interview itself was not at all formal. He did not ask me any questions until the end where he asked if I had any questions. For most of the interview we just talked about our interests i.e. cooking and the news. The interview was very relaxed and again no behavioral questions or any questions really were asked. I cannot say this is how it is for other interviewers, but my interviewer approached it from this angle. A week later, I received an email invitation to attend superday.

Superday consisted of a presentation (ask a question!!!!!), a small ice breaker with a partner (answer his/her question!!!!) and then a series of two interviews with a partner and a manager. The partner had a less structured approach (talked about interests and how i dealt with STRESS) to the interview and it went about 25 minutes over the 30 minutes allotted (total 55 minutes) and then I had a much more structured interview with a manager... basic behavioral questions.

Then we had lunch with my host, the other candidate and another host-group.

To summarize, be yourself, ask questions, dress smart and be friendly! Superday was actually a lot of fun.

The partners, the manager, and the hosts were all great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Do not negotiate. Big 4 for the most part have their salaries set.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Audit Staff interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.