EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship ITRA Interview

Internship ITRA
Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at EY in February 2011.

Interview Details – The application process is very straightforward (at least for UK). After submitting an online application you will be invited to sit an online test. This is typical numerical and verbal reasoning. If you pass this stage a phone interview will follow. In my case, we talked for more than an hour and it was pretty relaxed. Questions where typical competency style, e.g. give me an example of time when you showed.... leadership, etc. Just know your CV, know your strenghts and weaknesses, and make sure you know what are the requirements for you position so that you can tailor your answer.
If you pass the interview, you will be invited to an assessment center. Here I was out into a group with 5 other applicants. Note that I was the only one in the room applying for my position, and I believe it was the same for the rest of the group. The day consisted of several parts. First you had to re- take the online test, there and then in front of the people. This was followed by a discussion on a case that we were given a week prior to the interview. For us the topic was "Virtual Teamwork and its benefits". In addition, there were two real life scenarios we had to go through. First one was a telephone conversation with your manager about a team member that is not performing very well on your project. The second one was an E-tray exercise, sorting out emails, writing a report.
The very final stage you need to pass is an interview with a senior manager. In my case this seemed to more just a formality than an actual screening process. It was very relaxed, with questions like, why do you want to join this department, why have you chosen this city to join, where do you see yourself in couple of years, etc.

Overall, I did not find the application process extremely difficult, and I have to say it was a great experience working with E&Y.

Interview Question – Why did you chose this city to apply to, are you committed to stay in this office also in the long- term?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are two summer intern programs, one in the first half of the summer and one in the second. You have some degree of flexibility, if you cannot participate in the rotation that you will be assigned.

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in February 2007.

Interview Details – Applied on line through a lengthy application form, including long written answers about achievements and what I would do in particular situations.

Interview consisted of a 30minute face-to-face interview with a senior member of staff, who quizzed me on my application form as well as how much I knew about Ernst & Young. I was asked about what I would do in varying situations and how I rank different achievements in my life. I was also asked to discuss how I had demonstrated teaming before an overcome challenges in teams.

I then had a 'group assessment centre'. We had to read information and then debate a given stance on the information. Before then being set a new objective of working together as a team to take a new view point. We then had a 1 hour written assessment about a case study given.

I was informed within 24 hours that I had been accepted.

Interview Question – In the past, where have you demonstrated courage, enthusiasm and dedication?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation took place.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!