EY Interview Questions in Birmingham, UK

Updated Jul 14, 2015

3.3

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EY (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Online assessments and psychometric testing followed by a manager interview with strengths based questions then an assessment centre with group and individual tasks as well as completing the online tests again. Finally a partner interview which was quite informal with a lot of the interview revolving around topical issues in tax.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that higher or lower tax rates raise more government revenue?   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Newcastle, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview process was very standardised with 26 questions asked followed with a few questions based on the questions that had went prior to them. There was then a section where I was able to ask questions about the company.

Assurance Scholarship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

1) Application 2) Psychometric and situational strength test 3) Interview: 1on1 with a very nice interviewer, it was very conversational however there was still a schedule to go through of an overall 16 questions to answer to 4) Assessment Day: We got there and they offered us breakfast. Afterwards they divided us in groups and we had a group exercise, afterwards a written exercise, both had a 40 minute allowance. Finally a psychometric test which in my opinion was hard but nothing impossible if you were prepared.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths ? How do you solve a problem ? Give an example of how you worked in a teamwork ? Describe a day of in your life. Tell me what you know about assurance? Do you know any example of EY assurance work?   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Restructuring Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Great and get to interview with directors even for the first stage interview. Directors are all very nice. It starts with a 1:1 interview with assistant director. If you pass then there is an assessment centre with group exercise, tests, report writing, and interview with director and partner. The content of the group exercise and report were pretty standard, could find everything online.

EY Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (Birmingham, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

The process was rather long, I didnt hear back anything about my application for months, but once it got going it went rather smoothly. I always received phone calls and emails with the necessary information. Staff was really helpful and friendly. Overall, a good experience, but took way too long before process got going.

Interview Questions

• Everything was straight forward in the phone interview   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Newcastle, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very rigid, the interviewer simply read questions off a piece of paper and didn't offer any probing questions. The interviewer didn't seem to be actually listening and I don't think she cared too much.

Internship ITRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

The application process is very straightforward (at least for UK). After submitting an online application you will be invited to sit an online test. This is typical numerical and verbal reasoning. If you pass this stage a phone interview will follow. In my case, we talked for more than an hour and it was pretty relaxed. Questions where typical competency style, e.g. give me an example of time when you showed.... leadership, etc. Just know your CV, know your strenghts and weaknesses, and make sure you know what are the requirements for you position so that you can tailor your answer. If you pass the interview, you will be invited to an assessment center. Here I was out into a group with 5 other applicants. Note that I was the only one in the room applying for my position, and I believe it was the same for the rest of the group. The day consisted of several parts. First you had to re- take the online test, there and then in front of the people. This was followed by a discussion on a case that we were given a week prior to the interview. For us the topic was "Virtual Teamwork and its benefits". In addition, there were two real life scenarios we had to go through. First one was a telephone conversation with your manager about a team member that is not performing very well on your project. The second one was an E-tray exercise, sorting out emails, writing a report. The very final stage you need to pass is an interview with a senior manager. In my case this seemed to more just a formality than an actual screening process. It was very relaxed, with questions like, why do you want to join this department, why have you chosen this city to join, where do you see yourself in couple of years, etc. Overall, I did not find the application process extremely difficult, and I have to say it was a great experience working with E&Y.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose this city to apply to, are you committed to stay in this office also in the long- term?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are two summer intern programs, one in the first half of the summer and one in the second. You have some degree of flexibility, if you cannot participate in the rotation that you will be assigned.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at EY (Birmingham, England (UK)) in May 2010.

Interview

Rounds of testing and standard application form followed by a competency interview. During this interview they ask you to give examples of when you have displayed their core values. If you pass this you are invited to an assessment centre. During assessment there is more testing on numerical and logical questions, followed by a group case study where you expected to read and analyse data to come to a conclusion as a group. If you pass this you are then given a final interview by a partner. This is largely less formal, but still pressured.

Interview Questions

• How do I know you won't get your qualification and then leave.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2007.

Interview

Applied on line through a lengthy application form, including long written answers about achievements and what I would do in particular situations. Interview consisted of a 30minute face-to-face interview with a senior member of staff, who quizzed me on my application form as well as how much I knew about Ernst & Young. I was asked about what I would do in varying situations and how I rank different achievements in my life. I was also asked to discuss how I had demonstrated teaming before an overcome challenges in teams. I then had a 'group assessment centre'. We had to read information and then debate a given stance on the information. Before then being set a new objective of working together as a team to take a new view point. We then had a 1 hour written assessment about a case study given. I was informed within 24 hours that I had been accepted.

Interview Questions

• In the past, where have you demonstrated courage, enthusiasm and dedication?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation took place.