EY

Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.5

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

There was one 30 minute on campus interview with a partner and then was invited to an office visit. Office visit consisted of two 30 minute interviews with senior managers and then taken out to lunch. Overall, everyone was very friendly and all interviews were very conversational. The experience was very positive.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to handle a troublesome team member.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

Started by applying through campus job website. Was selected for an on campus interview. Interviewed with a manager, very relaxed, went over resume. Very conversational, asked about teamwork and leadership, but also just talked about career path and studies in general. Heard back about 2 and a half weeks after on campus interview, inviting me to an office visit or "superday". That day I was given a welcome presentation, which was followed by 2 interviews back to back, and then was taken out to a lunch. "Superday" experience was fantastic, made very comfortable, and everyone was very welcoming. Interviews were similar to on-campus, focused less on specific questions. Went over resume but they were more focused on what my career aspirations were, why EY, why accounting. Again very conversational, they liked to talk about how they got to EY and their careers. Got a call less than an hour after the interview offering me a position. Written offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you worked on a team that had members that were difficult to work with.
      Talk about your leadership positions at school.
      Why Accounting? Why EY? Why Audit?

View Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in June 2014.

Applied for EY Leadership program, but spots were filled so I signed up for an office visit instead. Interviewed once on campus, then had an office visit and 2 final round interviews with a manager and a partner. I received a phone call with offer from partner that I interviewed with 2 weeks after the office visit.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, mostly questions about myself and why I wanted to go into tax.   Answer Question

Assurance - Audit Service Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in June 2014.

I used to be an auditor but I left audit practice to be an accountant 4 years ago. I wanted to go back to audit so I contacted my friend who works with EY. She helped me upload my resume onto the internal referral site and one of the EY recruiters contact me. The recruiter was very helpful throughout the process. I was invited to the Boston office and had 3 back to back interviews. The interviews went well. I thought I would get an offer but unfortunately I did not.

Interview Questions
    • How would your working experience in a corporate help you to be more successful in the audit career?   View Answer

Senior Consultant III - Performance Improvement - Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in April 2014.

Interviewed for Org Change Mgmt Practice
    a) HR interview
    b) Phone interview
    c) 3 rounds of in person interview

I have many years consulting experience. You should be able to describe your projects in detail. Identify key challenges, major ideas you may have suggested in various projects.

Interview Questions
    • None. All questions focused on past experience and behavioral questions   Answer Question
    Was happy with my offer. Did not negotiate.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

The whole interview process was very relaxed and laid back. It was a 40 minute long interview, alternated between two interviewers. One was a tax partner and the other audit; 20 minutes each. There weren't that many behavioral questions at all, it felt more like a casual conversation. We just kept exchanging questions came up.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Tell me about the experiences on your resume.   Answer Question

NERC Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in January 2014.

Not sure of exact job title. I was referred by a recruiter for a phone interview with Joshua Axelrod.

I matched the original job description supplied. The contact at EY kept asking about skill sets not mentioned on the original posting.

This is where it got interesting. He said I would be a great fit for his company in another department and he would forward my resume immediately. Apparently, what he told me on the telephone was hardly the truth but he wanted to avoid his real thoughts. The recruiter called me back and unfortunately the contact at EY had some regrettable, unprofessional things to say about me. I believe people are entitled to their own opinions but it is unprofessional to say it one way face to face and another way behind one's back.

"
    1. Not enough broad experience (not mentioned in job listing)
    2. No knowledge of ICS at the PLC level. (not mentioned in job listing)
    3. Not really sure of what E&Y Does.
    4. Not really sure what he could do to help or fit into E&Y.

"

So, I feel punished due to the fact that the job posting did not accurately reflect what they were looking for in the first place.

Interview Questions
    • Define your ideal role. How would you spend most of your time at work. Or what types of tasks would you like to take on.   Answer Question

Forensic Technology & Discovery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY.

I had a brief in person interview. The lady was very nice and asked me basic questions. She informed me that I should learn programming.

The second round interview started off with a presentation about EY with all the interviewees that day from every department. Then we did a brief group craft project using markers and felt pipes to create an EY brand picture to represent our team. They served breakfast and build their brand in our minds.

Then, staff from each department lead us to our interviewer. I used the restroom along with 10 other women and headed to my interview with my greeter. Upon arrival to my interview, my interviewer was upset that I was late because I used the restrooms and ask my greeter why I was late. Everyone was arriving at their interviews at the same time as I so I did not realize I was late and I should have explained why but I was not sure what to do because he seemed irritated so I just sat there.

He asked me basic behavioral questions such as why EY? Why Forensic? I was very shaky and nervous because of the bathroom incident and I came across that way so that interview did not go well.

The second interview was with the another manager who was very friendly and asked me the same questions that my first interviewer did. He asked about my technical skills but I was not requested to demonstrate.

We went to lunch with a few staff and the other interviewees for the same job at a nice restaurant.

I got a call from them 2 weeks later letting me know that I should wait a bit longer because new people applied for the job internally. I got an email two weeks later notifying me that I did not get the position. Then I received a call notifying me that they made a mistake and the email was not meant to get sent out to me and they were requesting a new position. If it was approved, I would be getting the job. Then I received an email letting me know that I did not get the job two weeks after that.

I did not appreciate the lack of professionalism at the end of the process, however, they were cordial and friendly throughout and reimbursed travel expenses.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult. It was a very standard interview   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

First round interview on campus. Got a call from Boston office one week later and visited the office last Friday. The first round interview is conservative and not stressful. The office visit is fantastic. We had an orientation, a staff panel and two interviews in Boston office. After the visit, two seniors took us out for a lovely lunch. Everything was perfect. Waiting for the final result now.

Risk Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

First round was on-campus interview, pretty straightforward, standard behavioral questions. For advisory each candidate is required to complete a 45-minute writing assessment prior to on-campus interview.
    Second round was office visit, which consists of 2 behavioral interviews with two partners (one-on-one) and a case interview with a manager after an one-hour long company presentation and a 15-minute group activity. The two partners interviewing me were very nice and friendly. I have to say that the whole process was quite an enjoyment. Their aim is not to put stress on you.