EY

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – 1st round: on campus, with a senior person in a similar position. 45mins. Basic behavioral/experiential questions. Non-technical.

Final Round: 3 back-to-back interviews in their Alpharetta office. The first interview was with a current business analyst, second was with someone in a different department who is non-technical, and the third is with someone with a much more technical background. He/she will ask hard questions. They weren't hard in the sense that they were thought provoking, just ambiguous and poorly worded. There may have been somewhat of a language barrier.

Interview Question – "Please tell me what you can assume about this situation... You work for the only bank in a state and you are trying to figure out how many ATMs the bank should implement."   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details – Took a long time to respond

Interview Question – Evaluate worth of Instagram   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2009.

Interview Details – MIS degree. Applied and got phone interview. Was basic and was next into 1:1 interview. So many cases where given and told to solve. Communication skill is key aspect. Basic personality test and and all other basic stuffs.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by Recruiting Company, did a webcam interview, then went into city and interviewed with several managers who were very profesional. Very clean and great interview involved not only skills but type of personality and looking for a good fit.

Interview Question – Sorry, there really weren't any unexpected interview questions and I don't want to go into details.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2013.

Interview Details – It had 3 rounds in total. The first one was pretty basic... some aptitude along with a sheet of questions on MS excel. The technical round was easy too. I think they mostly check on attitude and stability(longevity) of a person.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Was invited to a face to face interview at their london office. Interview was held with the managing director of the department. Went through a set list of questions that he received from human resources. Very systematic approach as he only asked questions which were on the paper.

Interview Question – How do you feel when you accomplish a target   Answer Question

Rome (Italy)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EY in March 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring was very straightforward, but I think this is mostly due to the attitude of the local business and HR management at the time

Interview Question – "How much does the Italian Government spend in IT each year? Elaborate"   View Answer

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – what is your strength and weakness

Interview Question – what do you think if your boss don't like you   Answer Question

Milano (Italy)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in April 2013.

Interview Details – 3 steps: logic tests, interview with HR (just to know eachother), interview with manager (business case, english test, know eachother)

Interview Question – case study   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I only negotiated for the postponing the starting of the job
negotiation was slow (it tooks 2 months) but quite and peaceful

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is interesting in the sense that it imitates actual work at the company.
The process starts with a not so quick case to be solved, followed by a group presentation.
People are eliminated and the rest of them go to two 1:1 interviews.

The case part is fair and square, and the participants can notice why people were declined by the company. It's pretty obvious.

My interviews lasted longer than the usual 40 minutes because I could develop well. The real "Questions", cases and market sizings were nailed in less than 10 minutes, and the rest of the chat was a chat.

Interview Question – The most dificult or unexpected questions for me are the personal ones. Usually interviewers assume that you have reasons for doing things or being there. I don't. So I have to come up with plausible answers.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – São Paulo is terrible for living.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.