EY

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Interview Details – Started off with a formal phone interview which focused mainly on fit for purpose analysis, job spec details, technical skills around analysis. It was then followed by a technical assessment. I realized that this was an important stage as based on the results i will be called for a one to one interview. My turn around time for the assignment was pretty quick, they'd expect ideally 1-2 days at max.
During the face to face interview, i was joined by a group of 4, 1 each from americas and germany and couple of them based out of london. It was majorly a scenario driven interview with the usual blanket of competency based questions.

Interview Question – Lot of scenario based questions (real time, project based) There weren't many competency based questions asked.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is interesting in the sense that it imitates actual work at the company.
The process starts with a not so quick case to be solved, followed by a group presentation.
People are eliminated and the rest of them go to two 1:1 interviews.

The case part is fair and square, and the participants can notice why people were declined by the company. It's pretty obvious.

My interviews lasted longer than the usual 40 minutes because I could develop well. The real "Questions", cases and market sizings were nailed in less than 10 minutes, and the rest of the chat was a chat.

Interview Question – The most dificult or unexpected questions for me are the personal ones. Usually interviewers assume that you have reasons for doing things or being there. I don't. So I have to come up with plausible answers.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – São Paulo is terrible for living.

Business Analyst

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2008.

Interview Details – Several rounds of interviews. The interviewer panel was very welcoming and immediately put me in ease.
Very detailed interview session with lot of questions abt BA scenarios

Interview Question – BA questions/Proj related questions   Answer Question

Rome (Italy)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EY in March 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring was very straightforward, but I think this is mostly due to the attitude of the local business and HR management at the time

Interview Question – "How much does the Italian Government spend in IT each year? Elaborate"   View Answer

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – 1st round: on campus, with a senior person in a similar position. 45mins. Basic behavioral/experiential questions. Non-technical.

Final Round: 3 back-to-back interviews in their Alpharetta office. The first interview was with a current business analyst, second was with someone in a different department who is non-technical, and the third is with someone with a much more technical background. He/she will ask hard questions. They weren't hard in the sense that they were thought provoking, just ambiguous and poorly worded. There may have been somewhat of a language barrier.

Interview Question – "Please tell me what you can assume about this situation... You work for the only bank in a state and you are trying to figure out how many ATMs the bank should implement."   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview Details – One interview with management.
Lot of questions on personal life and some experience questions.

Interview Question – What was the last thing you learned   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't like the sound of the job.

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2013.

Interview Details – It had 3 rounds in total. The first one was pretty basic... some aptitude along with a sheet of questions on MS excel. The technical round was easy too. I think they mostly check on attitude and stability(longevity) of a person.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by Recruiting Company, did a webcam interview, then went into city and interviewed with several managers who were very profesional. Very clean and great interview involved not only skills but type of personality and looking for a good fit.

Interview Question – Sorry, there really weren't any unexpected interview questions and I don't want to go into details.   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2009.

Interview Details – MIS degree. Applied and got phone interview. Was basic and was next into 1:1 interview. So many cases where given and told to solve. Communication skill is key aspect. Basic personality test and and all other basic stuffs.

Business Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was a long interview, (about an hour) considering it was my first job second interview ever. I thought it went well and I was able to handle most if the questions. The questions ranged from my past experiences to religion and ethics. It was a one on one interview and the interviewer was kind of in a rush in the very end. I later found out he was a senior manager.

Interview Question – If you had to follow one religion/belief in life starting from today, which one would it be and why?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.