EY

Updated Oct 15, 2014

3.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2011.

Started off with a formal phone interview which focused mainly on fit for purpose analysis, job spec details, technical skills around analysis. It was then followed by a technical assessment. I realized that this was an important stage as based on the results i will be called for a one to one interview. My turn around time for the assignment was pretty quick, they'd expect ideally 1-2 days at max.
During the face to face interview, i was joined by a group of 4, 1 each from americas and germany and couple of them based out of london. It was majorly a scenario driven interview with the usual blanket of competency based questions.

Interview Questions
  • Lot of scenario based questions (real time, project based) There weren't many competency based questions asked.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY in March 2012.

The hiring process is interesting in the sense that it imitates actual work at the company.
    The process starts with a not so quick case to be solved, followed by a group presentation.
    People are eliminated and the rest of them go to two 1:1 interviews.

The case part is fair and square, and the participants can notice why people were declined by the company. It's pretty obvious.

My interviews lasted longer than the usual 40 minutes because I could develop well. The real "Questions", cases and market sizings were nailed in less than 10 minutes, and the rest of the chat was a chat.

Interview Questions
    • The most dificult or unexpected questions for me are the personal ones. Usually interviewers assume that you have reasons for doing things or being there. I don't. So I have to come up with plausible answers.   Answer Question

São Paulo is terrible for living.

Business Analyst Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2008.

Several rounds of interviews. The interviewer panel was very welcoming and immediately put me in ease.
    Very detailed interview session with lot of questions abt BA scenarios

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

1st round: on campus, with a senior person in a similar position. 45mins. Basic behavioral/experiential questions. Non-technical.

Final Round: 3 back-to-back interviews in their Alpharetta office. The first interview was with a current business analyst, second was with someone in a different department who is non-technical, and the third is with someone with a much more technical background. He/she will ask hard questions. They weren't hard in the sense that they were thought provoking, just ambiguous and poorly worded. There may have been somewhat of a language barrier.

Interview Questions
    • "Please tell me what you can assume about this situation... You work for the only bank in a state and you are trying to figure out how many ATMs the bank should implement."   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EY in March 2009.

Hiring was very straightforward, but I think this is mostly due to the attitude of the local business and HR management at the time

Interview Questions
    • "How much does the Italian Government spend in IT each year? Elaborate"   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2013.

It had 3 rounds in total. The first one was pretty basic... some aptitude along with a sheet of questions on MS excel. The technical round was easy too. I think they mostly check on attitude and stability(longevity) of a person.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in February 2014.

One interview with management.
    Lot of questions on personal life and some experience questions.

Interview Questions

Didn't like the sound of the job.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Several tests on verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning and a test of English (listening and grammar), full-day assessment centre (well organized, opportunity to meet people from the company, we had two case studies, one in Czech and another in English and every time there was an observer with each group but he did not interfere with the process - it was just about the applicants how they handled the task), several interviews (HR, partner, manager)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in August 2010.

Contacted by Recruiting Company, did a webcam interview, then went into city and interviewed with several managers who were very profesional. Very clean and great interview involved not only skills but type of personality and looking for a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Sorry, there really weren't any unexpected interview questions and I don't want to go into details.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in May 2009.

MIS degree. Applied and got phone interview. Was basic and was next into 1:1 interview. So many cases where given and told to solve. Communication skill is key aspect. Basic personality test and and all other basic stuffs.