EY Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

One interview with management. Lot of questions on personal life and some experience questions.

Interview Questions

Didn't like the sound of the job.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Was invited to a face to face interview at their london office. Interview was held with the managing director of the department. Went through a set list of questions that he received from human resources. Very systematic approach as he only asked questions which were on the paper.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

what is your strength and weakness

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Milano (Italy)) in April 2013.

Interview

3 steps: logic tests, interview with HR (just to know eachother), interview with manager (business case, english test, know eachother)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I only negotiated for the postponing the starting of the job negotiation was slow (it tooks 2 months) but quite and peaceful

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Bangalore (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

It had 3 rounds in total. The first one was pretty basic... some aptitude along with a sheet of questions on MS excel. The technical round was easy too. I think they mostly check on attitude and stability(longevity) of a person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in March 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is interesting in the sense that it imitates actual work at the company. The process starts with a not so quick case to be solved, followed by a group presentation. People are eliminated and the rest of them go to two 1:1 interviews. The case part is fair and square, and the participants can notice why people were declined by the company. It's pretty obvious. My interviews lasted longer than the usual 40 minutes because I could develop well. The real "Questions", cases and market sizings were nailed in less than 10 minutes, and the rest of the chat was a chat.

Interview Questions

• The most dificult or unexpected questions for me are the personal ones. Usually interviewers assume that you have reasons for doing things or being there. I don't. So I have to come up with plausible answers.   Answer Question

São Paulo is terrible for living.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Rome (Italy)) in July 2011.

Interview

1)Group interview: first a discussion about a general topic and then a splitted groups should work on a different case study, examining it together for a conclusion 2)1:1 interview: business case scenario

better proposal received

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in June 2011.

Interview

It was a long interview, (about an hour) considering it was my first job second interview ever. I thought it went well and I was able to handle most if the questions. The questions ranged from my past experiences to religion and ethics. It was a one on one interview and the interviewer was kind of in a rush in the very end. I later found out he was a senior manager.

Interview Questions

• If you had to follow one religion/belief in life starting from today, which one would it be and why?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

Started off with a formal phone interview which focused mainly on fit for purpose analysis, job spec details, technical skills around analysis. It was then followed by a technical assessment. I realized that this was an important stage as based on the results i will be called for a one to one interview. My turn around time for the assignment was pretty quick, they'd expect ideally 1-2 days at max. During the face to face interview, i was joined by a group of 4, 1 each from americas and germany and couple of them based out of london. It was majorly a scenario driven interview with the usual blanket of competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• Lot of scenario based questions (real time, project based) There weren't many competency based questions asked.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY (Thiruvananthapuram (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

They have a very nice office... everyone is free over there...the work culture is very good... The staff are very friendly, they will be available anytime to help you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just be open to themself and let them know your demands, but make sure that your demand does not exceed your dualification