EY

2.9

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Typical process. First HR interview and then technical phone interview. They did not inform me that the second interview would be technical though. Then 3 on site interviews with managers and senior managers. Each 40 minutes and varied in technical questions. I figured these would be more behavorial but were not. I also had to write a case study which was online and timed. It wasn't difficult.

Advisory Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY in November 2014.

Two step process:
    1. Phone interview - I was interviewed by a Senior Manager who asked basic questions about my experience and shared her background and experience.
    2. Office Visit - Went into the Chicago office and interviewed with two principals and one senior manager. Again spoke about recent experience (especially items related to the level I was applying for) and they answered questions about the company, environment, types of project.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience with leading large teams   Answer Question

Offered me a level lower than what I wanted

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

2 x 30 min back to back interview
    30 behavioral - biggest challenge, team conflict, how to apply my background with consulting.
    30 min case study - outsourcing or expand existing capacity.

Technology Advisory Program - Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

1. First step was through career fair and submitting my resume through university career center. Was selected for a campus interview the following week.
    2. Campus Interview was easier than I thought it would be. Very conversational with a manager. They basically go through your resume and talk about your past experiences, and talk about EY in general. There was also an online writing assessment that we had to do on our own time. Selected for office interview the following week
    3. Office visit started with a breakfast and presentation. Then there were 3 rounds of interviews - 1 case interview and 2 behavioral. Case interview was more conversational than expected. The case involved merger/acquisition of 2 banks. Both behavioral interviews were very relaxed. Everyone, including partner, managers, and current staff are all very friendly.
    4. Received an email 2 weeks later stating that I did not receive an offer. I'm not sure what they were looking for, because I felt the interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to tell someone "no".
      What motivates you to go above and beyond?
      Tell me about an ethical dilemma you were involved in.

Answer Question

Assurance Staff (Non-financial) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

Went to career fair on campus and applied online. Received on-campus interview 2 weeks later and interviewed with a senior manager from the assurance department. 1st one to be interviewed on that day at 8:00am but had a great time and enjoyed the talk with the senior manager. Heard back a week later to go for the on-site final round.
    On-site interview consisted of a breakfast with a staff (as your host for the day), 3 interview with a senior manager, partner and manager. Then, a much with other 2 students and two staff (1year). Interesting is that all staff I have met that day are from University of Norte Dame which is the target school for EY recruiting.
    About one and a half week, email me that I did not get offer.

Interview Questions
    • Senior Manager at on-site interview start the interview by asking me about current economic and market news. Which is a little surprise for an audit entry level position.   Answer Question

Audit FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

I applied through our college and attended several social events held by EY. For the first round interview, it is a 30-mins one to one interview and behavioral based question, asking how you perform in a group environment. For the office visit one, there are 3 45-mins interviews with two partners and one manager. Very relaxed and laid back and conversational and questions are totally directed and tailored to your own experiences and responses.

No negotiation

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interviewing was detailed and thorough. Most of the questions focused on technology capabilities and process improvement experience. Interviewers were very amiable and the questions were mostly behavioral based. The process was more lengthy than I had anticipated, with an initial interview with a recruiter, followed up with a phone interview with a Manager. I then had a day long interview session of 1:1 interviews and a 2:1 interview with a Partner & Sr. Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked was my knowledge of and experience with, multiple different ERPs and bolt-on software.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, EY tells you what you will make.

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Started with email contact and then phone interview. I was then brought in to do an in person interview with two managers and two senior managers. Was an easy process and my skill set fit their needs so worked for both sides

Interview Questions
    Phone negotiation and were willing to go up a little but not much

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in March 2014.

Very professional and formal process. I liked the formality and thoroughness. They made me feel very important and comfortable. The actual interview process was somewhat cold and removed, though. They were more interested in technicalities than my personality and whether or not I would be a good fit. Some of the questions seemed like they were testing technical competence rather whether or not I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Post-interview process very distant and removed. Nothing like the pre-interview process.   Answer Question

Summer Associate - Commercial Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2014.

Resume and cover letter drop through campus career center. First round phone interview that was half behavioral and half market sizing. For final round, interviews for all offices held in the New York office with a dinner to meet people from the group the nigh before. Final round consisted of a group interview and two 1 on 1 interviews. For the group case, interviewees were given a packet of materials and given an hour to answer guiding questions and to prepare a 15 minute presentation to give to leadership. The presentation is then followed up by about 10 minutes of questions. The 1 on 1 interviews were part behavioral but mostly consisted of a market sizing question.

Interview Questions
    • Group case could have been difficult if had poor group dynamics.   Answer Question
    Received the offer the morning after the final round interviews. Was emailed the offer documents a couple days later and was given two weeks to accept.