EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter contacted me through email that he found my resume online in December 2013. Informed me that the whole process will take about two months and offers will role out in Feb 2014. After interviewing twice on 26th January 2014 and 26th February 2014 (after two re-schedules because the Senior Manager was busy with client). I followed up with the recruiter and he informed he will get back to me within a week. However, no response was received for 1.5 months even after my repeated emails. On 10th April 2014, I got an email that I was not selected because of a particular experience background that they needed. The process was great but I expected a swift response because it wasted a lot of my job search time.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. Mostly technical and behavioral questions from my resume. A brief case was also asked which was easy to crack   Answer Question

SAP FICO Senior Consultant Interview

SAP FICO Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2012.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and then a face to face interview

Interview Question – 1st phone interview will be technical around your SAP Skills and then a face to face interview will be a general discussion with 3 to level executives. Be prepared to explain how you can add value to the company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They will offer you a decent proposal and you can propose a counter offer.

Summer Associate - Commercial Advisory Services Interview

Summer Associate - Commercial Advisory Services
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – Resume and cover letter drop through campus career center. First round phone interview that was half behavioral and half market sizing. For final round, interviews for all offices held in the New York office with a dinner to meet people from the group the nigh before. Final round consisted of a group interview and two 1 on 1 interviews. For the group case, interviewees were given a packet of materials and given an hour to answer guiding questions and to prepare a 15 minute presentation to give to leadership. The presentation is then followed up by about 10 minutes of questions. The 1 on 1 interviews were part behavioral but mostly consisted of a market sizing question.

Interview Question – Group case could have been difficult if had poor group dynamics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received the offer the morning after the final round interviews. Was emailed the offer documents a couple days later and was given two weeks to accept.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very professional and formal process. I liked the formality and thoroughness. They made me feel very important and comfortable. The actual interview process was somewhat cold and removed, though. They were more interested in technicalities than my personality and whether or not I would be a good fit. Some of the questions seemed like they were testing technical competence rather whether or not I would be a good fit.

Interview Question – Post-interview process very distant and removed. Nothing like the pre-interview process.   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

Assurance Staff
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process usually starts as students apply to the internship program. I did not go this route, but I'm confident my experience was similar. You'll arrive at the office and be assigned an EY employee to show you around and take you from one interview to another (yes, there are multiple interviews in the same day). You will interview with up to 4 EY employees, from Managers up to Partners.

Interview Question – Please give me an example of a situation you have faced, within which you felt you made poor decisions, and what actions did you take afterwards. (behavioral interview question to replace the idiotic "what are your weaknesses" question)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. EY pays people a lot of money to make sure that they pay their employees the going market value (check out goingconcern.com)

Tax Exempt Org Interview

Tax Exempt Org
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – It is 1st round phone interview, last about 35 min. The interviewer is so nice and asks when I graduate. He introduces EO and asks 3 questions total. The round will be office interview. I apply for this through campus recruiting website and get this phone interview about 1 month later.

Interview Question – nothing difficult, ask what is the best team and worst team you have ever met.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired through campus recruting. This included 2 rounds of interviewing. The first round was a 45 minute behavioral interview with a brief case study. The second round had two 45 minute behavioral interviews, one 45 minute verbal case study, and one 45 minute written case study. They had breakfast a interview day liason, and they took us out to lunch during the interview.

Interview Question – You have three sentances: Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much room for negotiation, but I was able to get a relocation bonus out of the deal.

Financial Management Associate Interview

Financial Management Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I applied and received a call back after a long time. First came the phone interview, basic questions about background. Not hard at all. Second interview was a video conference with the hiring manager based in CA. A LOT of details about the position, company, roles that you'll be playing, etc. A lot of explanations with the billing, modeling techniques, etc. Third interview was with Director; Absolutely horrible. Kept interrupting every time i was answering her question. Very rude. Glad I don't have to work for her or her dept. That's for sure.

Interview Question – Kept asking about proprietary information about my current job.   View Answer

Staff Consultant Interview

Staff Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2012.

Interview Details – Easy interview...short writing and excel test

Advisory Senior Interview

Advisory Senior
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward and quick. Applied to job posting on website, was contacted from recruiter within 2 weeks. 3-step interview process over about 3 weeks:
1) 30 min phone call with recruiter inquiring about why I want to leave current firm, why E&Y, career goals
2) 30 min technical screening phone call with Manager consisting of behavioral questions (e.g., tell me about a time you dealt with multiple tasks/priorities, tell me about the most challenging project you were a part of, tell me how you're actively trying to learn more about the industry and make a name for yourself)
3) 3 separate in-person interviews with a Manager, Sr Manager, and Partner (each about 45 minutes) - questions were mostly behavioral, gauging interest in the job/field, and trying to determine fit within organization

Interview Question – (After Sr Manager described further some of the core functional sub-groups within the main Advisory group), which sub-group do you feel that you could contribute the most to and why?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.