EY Interview Questions in Columbus, OH

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in February 2015.

Just Talked with an Indian senior manager and be asked some behavioral questions based on your resume. Show your passion and interest about consulting. Just be prepared. BTW, there is writing test - write something in 45 min online.

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

I applied on the university recruitment system. There's a pre-night dinner before both first-round and second-round interviews. But the second pre-night dinner is more focused for the service line you are applying for and I actually sat next to one of the interviewers I interviewed with the second day.
    There is a case interview for the second round, in which you are provided a 6 pages technology related case and some basic data about the firm you are providing consulting service for. It was standard business case but it could be a tough round in such limited time frame (35-40 minutes) and without Google to help you. All other interview rounds are all behavior-based though.
    I heard someone were given coding problems, but mine were all behavior and get-to-know-you type of conversations. I guess it depends on the position type and interviewer's background.
    I got the offer the next morning of the second round, I was really surprised they responded this quickly.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to your friend asking for help if you are already under some deadline pressure?   Answer Question
    negotiate on the deadline of accepting the offer

Technology Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in September 2014.

Round one interview; behavioral based questions.
    No technical questions were asked. Started with casual conversation followed by situation based questions (example of teamwork, how you would put your point across in a team, what is a difficulty you faced while doing X project, what did you do to overcome it etc.)

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

One campus interview, a writing assessment, two behavioral interviews and a case interview. The interview process wasn't too taxing, don't over think the interview, typical behavioral interviews all in all it was a laid back process.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was stressful going into but I found it easy once I started, the interviewer somewhat guides you on the issues and they are more interested in how and why you think not necessarily what is the correct answer. Be confident and support your answers. Be rehearsed on business tactics like SWOT analysis.   Answer Question

I'm more technology side: Business Analyst as opposed to doing accounting audits. I chose to stay with my passion of IT BA instead of taking the accounting route.

IT Risk and Assurance Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in May 2014.

Very easy, laid back process. Just basic, simple questions about your resume and life experiences. I personally did not have any technical questions, but I have heard from some of my peers that they did.

Financial Services Office- Technology Advisor Program (Full Time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2014.

I received an interview call from a recruiter based in Chicago in the first week of March and scheduled an initial phone interview with a manager in the firm's Advisory practice. The phone interview is a resume run through, although you should be prepared to highlight examples from your past experiences as per the question.

After the phone interview, I was contacted by the recruiter and was asked to attend a second, in-person interview at the Columbus office about 2 weeks after my phone interview. I had 2 behavioural interviews (with a senior manager and an executive director) and 1 case interview. The case dealt with the merger of an online bank and a brick-and-mortar bank. I was asked to perform a SWOT analysis and cost benefit analysis.

I received a verbal confirmation a day after the on-site interview.

Behavioural-
    The Partner/ Executive Director will try and discourage you . It is up to you to convince him that you are the right candidate for the job and are capable of handling the stress associated with it. If you do that well, he is an extremely down to earth person to talk to.

Case-
    The case was straightforward. Make sure you know SWOT analysis and cost benefit analysis. Try and get a general overview about mobile security, web security and the associated risks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Just try and be calm and listen carefully.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2014.

I met the recruiter through campus recruiting. The recruiter was very receptive to my interest in a different city and she referred me to a different recruiter who scheduled my interview within the next week. The process went by very quickly and I was invited to an office visit within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me more about your experience abroad and how that could be beneficial in the accounting industry.
      Talk about your extracurricular involvement and explain the variety of organizations that are noted on your resume.

Answer Question

Externship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in February 2014.

interview with EY on campus for the summer leadership program. The recruiter is very nice, asked three or four behavior based questions, very focused on your response to negative experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that is hard for you to give a negative comment, and how did you address that specfically   Answer Question

TAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2012.

Applied through campus and had a 1st round interview over phone. It was very general and all about my experience. Then had 3 rounds of interview at their Columbus office including one case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. But they will try to read your mind whether you are interested on the technical side or the business side   Answer Question