EY Interview Questions in Columbus, OH

Updated Aug 15, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief preliminary phone interview after applying through campus career services, followed by invitation to a social night and "Super Day." The social night was with the recruiter, about half a dozen current employees, and three or four other applicants for the position. "Super Day" is a half-day consisting of three interviews (two behavioral, one case study), a presentation on EY, and an informal question and answer session with current employees during which dinner was served.

FSO Technology Advisor Program (TAP) Interview

Application

Interview

There were two rounds in the interview process: First, I was asked some basic behavioral questions on campus after visiting EY at a career fair. The interview lasted about a half an hour. I was notified I moved onto the final round of interviews only a few days later. The final round interview consisted of three different interviews, two behavioral and one case interview.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Just Talked with an Indian senior manager and be asked some behavioral questions based on your resume. Show your passion and interest about consulting. Just be prepared. BTW, there is writing test - write something in 45 min online.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied on the university recruitment system. There's a pre-night dinner before both first-round and second-round interviews. But the second pre-night dinner is more focused for the service line you are applying for and I actually sat next to one of the interviewers I interviewed with the second day. There is a case interview for the second round, in which you are provided a 6 pages technology related case and some basic data about the firm you are providing consulting service for. It was standard business case but it could be a tough round in such limited time frame (35-40 minutes) and without Google to help you. All other interview rounds are all behavior-based though. I heard someone were given coding problems, but mine were all behavior and get-to-know-you type of conversations. I guess it depends on the position type and interviewer's background. I got the offer the next morning of the second round, I was really surprised they responded this quickly.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to your friend asking for help if you are already under some deadline pressure?   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiate on the deadline of accepting the offer

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Columbus, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I went through the campus hiring process. The interviews are usually 30min long. Business professional is required. The first round is on-campus interview, followed by an on-site interview. Several recruiting events before the actual interview would give you opportunities to network with recruiters and employees.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. Really focus on team work and career goal. They expect you to be a quick learner.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Columbus, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting program and got first round interview on campus within two weeks. I met a tax manager within Columbus office. The interview process was very casual and friendly.

Technology Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Columbus, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

Round one interview; behavioral based questions. No technical questions were asked. Started with casual conversation followed by situation based questions (example of teamwork, how you would put your point across in a team, what is a difficulty you faced while doing X project, what did you do to overcome it etc.)

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Columbus, OH).

Interview

One campus interview, a writing assessment, two behavioral interviews and a case interview. The interview process wasn't too taxing, don't over think the interview, typical behavioral interviews all in all it was a laid back process.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was stressful going into but I found it easy once I started, the interviewer somewhat guides you on the issues and they are more interested in how and why you think not necessarily what is the correct answer. Be confident and support your answers. Be rehearsed on business tactics like SWOT analysis.   Answer Question

I'm more technology side: Business Analyst as opposed to doing accounting audits. I chose to stay with my passion of IT BA instead of taking the accounting route.

IT Risk and Assurance Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Columbus, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Very easy, laid back process. Just basic, simple questions about your resume and life experiences. I personally did not have any technical questions, but I have heard from some of my peers that they did.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Columbus, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I received an interview call from a recruiter based in Chicago in the first week of March and scheduled an initial phone interview with a manager in the firm's Advisory practice. The phone interview is a resume run through, although you should be prepared to highlight examples from your past experiences as per the question. After the phone interview, I was contacted by the recruiter and was asked to attend a second, in-person interview at the Columbus office about 2 weeks after my phone interview. I had 2 behavioural interviews (with a senior manager and an executive director) and 1 case interview. The case dealt with the merger of an online bank and a brick-and-mortar bank. I was asked to perform a SWOT analysis and cost benefit analysis. I received a verbal confirmation a day after the on-site interview. Behavioural- The Partner/ Executive Director will try and discourage you . It is up to you to convince him that you are the right candidate for the job and are capable of handling the stress associated with it. If you do that well, he is an extremely down to earth person to talk to. Case- The case was straightforward. Make sure you know SWOT analysis and cost benefit analysis. Try and get a general overview about mobile security, web security and the associated risks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Just try and be calm and listen carefully.   Answer Question