EY

Getting the Interview

54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Two round interviews, behavioral and case, standard situational questions

Interview Question – Case difficult   View Answer

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Applied online and after a few weeks received email asking if I am still interested in the job, salary range, etc. Replied back to the email and never heard from them again. Followed up with the sender asking about my interested, did not hear back from them

Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for IT Risk Advisory. Simple questions.

Interview Question – was fairly straightforward   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in November 2012.

Interview Details – Went to a non-target school and got my connection / interview through networking rather than a campus recruiting program. First spoke to HR on phone and it went well. Guy was nice, professional, and clear. Second, I was contacted by a Senior Manager on the phone (about 1 week later) who also interviewed me. He was very up-front and honest about what he was looking for. He was also very professional and all around it was a pleasant interview. Ultimately I was told he prefers to hire from campus-recruiting programs at their target schools based on past success rates. I received an email from HR the next day explaining I wasn't on top of their list...understandable. All around a pleasant and professional interview process.

Interview Question – Explain the last time you were forced to make a decision you did not want to make.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in September 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 5 people including 2 Partners, Sr. Managers and a lunch interview with 2 Managers. Most of the interview conversations were around previous experiences and behavioral type questions. One of the partners asked a couple of situational questions as well.

Interview Questions

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in March 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process is very straightforward when your resume was submitted to HR and the hiring manager by an internal channel (referrals) and you are currently working at another Big 4. This is the best way to get an interview and make a quicker line to promotions.

Interview Question – Please tell me why you think working at E&Y would be any different than your current employer (another big 4)?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It is extremely important to remember why you are interviewing. If you have issues with your current job and you work at a big 4 then you need to remember you are still working at a big 4 so your current issues will probably be the same at this firm. Never say anything bad about your current/former employer and don't lie about salary...they all know what the other big 4 firms are paying.

South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me after trolling LinkedIn. Completed on-line application. Had a one-hour phone interview with a manager responsible for P&L in that practice area expertise. Onsite interview about 4-6 weeks later. Surprisingly, no follow up contact. Overall experience seemed more like dealing with a staffing agency than a Big 4.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult experience in dealing with a problem team member on a client engagement, and how did you deal with it?   View Answer
  • Your profile indicated that you enjoy competing against the Big Four and winning in the competition for a client's business. Can you give us an example of when you have done this?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in March 2008.

Interview Details – I had an on-campus interview for Towers' healthcare division. The first interview was on-campus of my university. I was contacted a month or two later and went in for an office interview. It consisted of a math test followed by an entire day of meeting with everyone in the office. I received an offer less than a week after the office visit but declined.

Interview Question – Describe a pencil to me like I am blind.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was too low.

Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in March 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process at E&Y is extremely long. After rounds of interviews, they still want you to interview with more than 1 partner. They first screen you with telephone interviews with a manager then set up interviews with senior manager and a partner.

The people that I interviewed with were very nice.. I'm not sure if I believe that they are truly a 'people's' company.

Interview Question – The questions they ask are very standard behavioral questions, but mostly about your prior experiences.   Answer Question

Adelaide (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very well organised interview process. Consultant interview, Manager interview and Partner interview. Followed by online skills test. Followed by in-person practical day.

Interview Question – Questions were fair.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was couriered to me the next day, accompanied with a personal phone call to inform me of the good news.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Consultant interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.