EY Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.1

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Low stress compared to others, case interview is very easy - does not require preparation; several initerviews with partners and other leadership, they essentially make the final decisions. Make friends with people from your alma mater and your life will be much easier

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very quick. Talked with an EY employee at a networking function and sent them my resume afterwards. A week later I was given a phone interview and a week after that I was flown out to the office for final rounds. Several behavioral interviews and a case study. They got back to me within a week with my offer. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions (While they seem like throwaways, THESE QUESTIONS ARE ENORMOUSLY IMPORTANT): • Tell me about yourself • Why do you want this job, at this company? • What do you do outside of work? • What is your greatest weakness • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? • Describe a situation when you have had to work with someone difficult and what you did to overcome this   1 Answer
    • Case Study: (EY's case consulting studies relate directly to the sort of work the position entails) • IE for Operational Transaction Advisory - Interviewer will explain a transaction case involving M&A Transaction Diligence: o How would you combine two companies to realize cost synergies? o What operational improvements would you suggest? Notes: - Case is tailored to operational diligence – OTS provides a deeper analysis of what a firm does - They want to see someone who is willing to take a risk and demonstrate good business instincts   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was generous enough to mitigate any reason for negotiation. There was some leeway as to which office I would work in.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

An indian recruiter talked to us in the career fair, and asked us to interview with him. He was very assuming and disrespectful to students from other origins except from India. I heard that all the Indian students interviewed by him all went to the next rounds.

Interview Questions

• Go home and do your homework   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Ithaca, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume through campus career services. Got an on-campus interview notification in just a few days. The interview was one to one and lasted about 30 minutes. Basically it went through my resume, discussing the projects I did and how was the team dynamics in these projects. The interviewer was very nice and friendly.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Very informal, we met at a conference and interviewed in a coffee shop. They asked about my comfort level with excessive travel as a consultant, and they also asked about how well I write. I had the opportunity to meet with a few junior members of the team in a round robin fashion.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Austin, TX).

Interview

Two round interviews, behavioral and case, standard situational questions

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online and after a few weeks received email asking if I am still interested in the job, salary range, etc. Replied back to the email and never heard from them again. Followed up with the sender asking about my interested, did not hear back from them

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

4 hours of GMAT questions. I was prepared for this but I thought it was a bit too much for an Internship that is very low paid. I dont know if anyone bothered to check my answers, but they let me know that I passed. After that the HR contacted me and asked to wait until some Partner is in town. Since I already had a job, I didnt bother her anymore, nor she ever got back at me. Very unprofessional.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I was interviewed for IT Risk Advisory. Simple questions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Went to a non-target school and got my connection / interview through networking rather than a campus recruiting program. First spoke to HR on phone and it went well. Guy was nice, professional, and clear. Second, I was contacted by a Senior Manager on the phone (about 1 week later) who also interviewed me. He was very up-front and honest about what he was looking for. He was also very professional and all around it was a pleasant interview. Ultimately I was told he prefers to hire from campus-recruiting programs at their target schools based on past success rates. I received an email from HR the next day explaining I wasn't on top of their list...understandable. All around a pleasant and professional interview process.

Interview Questions

• Explain the last time you were forced to make a decision you did not want to make.   1 Answer