EY Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014

3.1

67 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EY.

Very informal, we met at a conference and interviewed in a coffee shop. They asked about my comfort level with excessive travel as a consultant, and they also asked about how well I write. I had the opportunity to meet with a few junior members of the team in a round robin fashion.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Two round interviews, behavioral and case, standard situational questions

Consultant Interview

Applied online and after a few weeks received email asking if I am still interested in the job, salary range, etc. Replied back to the email and never heard from them again. Followed up with the sender asking about my interested, did not hear back from them

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I was interviewed for IT Risk Advisory. Simple questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in November 2012.

Went to a non-target school and got my connection / interview through networking rather than a campus recruiting program. First spoke to HR on phone and it went well. Guy was nice, professional, and clear. Second, I was contacted by a Senior Manager on the phone (about 1 week later) who also interviewed me. He was very up-front and honest about what he was looking for. He was also very professional and all around it was a pleasant interview. Ultimately I was told he prefers to hire from campus-recruiting programs at their target schools based on past success rates. I received an email from HR the next day explaining I wasn't on top of their list...understandable. All around a pleasant and professional interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the last time you were forced to make a decision you did not want to make.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY in August 2009.

Recruiter contacted me after trolling LinkedIn. Completed on-line application. Had a one-hour phone interview with a manager responsible for P&L in that practice area expertise. Onsite interview about 4-6 weeks later. Surprisingly, no follow up contact. Overall experience seemed more like dealing with a staffing agency than a Big 4.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult experience in dealing with a problem team member on a client engagement, and how did you deal with it?   View Answer
    • Your profile indicated that you enjoy competing against the Big Four and winning in the competition for a client's business. Can you give us an example of when you have done this?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in March 2009.

The hiring process at E&Y is extremely long. After rounds of interviews, they still want you to interview with more than 1 partner. They first screen you with telephone interviews with a manager then set up interviews with senior manager and a partner.

The people that I interviewed with were very nice.. I'm not sure if I believe that they are truly a 'people's' company.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they ask are very standard behavioral questions, but mostly about your prior experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in September 2008.

Interviewed with 5 people including 2 Partners, Sr. Managers and a lunch interview with 2 Managers. Most of the interview conversations were around previous experiences and behavioral type questions. One of the partners asked a couple of situational questions as well.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in March 2008.

I had an on-campus interview for Towers' healthcare division. The first interview was on-campus of my university. I was contacted a month or two later and went in for an office interview. It consisted of a math test followed by an entire day of meeting with everyone in the office. I received an offer less than a week after the office visit but declined.

Salary was too low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in March 2008.

The interview process is very straightforward when your resume was submitted to HR and the hiring manager by an internal channel (referrals) and you are currently working at another Big 4. This is the best way to get an interview and make a quicker line to promotions.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me why you think working at E&Y would be any different than your current employer (another big 4)?   View Answer

It is extremely important to remember why you are interviewing. If you have issues with your current job and you work at a big 4 then you need to remember you are still working at a big 4 so your current issues will probably be the same at this firm. Never say anything bad about your current/former employer and don't lie about salary...they all know what the other big 4 firms are paying.