EY

Updated Feb 26, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Very quick. Talked with an EY employee at a networking function and sent them my resume afterwards. A week later I was given a phone interview and a week after that I was flown out to the office for final rounds. Several behavioral interviews and a case study. They got back to me within a week with my offer. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral Questions (While they seem like throwaways, THESE QUESTIONS ARE ENORMOUSLY IMPORTANT):
    • Tell me about yourself
    • Why do you want this job, at this company?
    • What do you do outside of work?
    • What is your greatest weakness
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    • Describe a situation when you have had to work with someone difficult and what you did to overcome this

View Answer
  • Case Study: (EY's case consulting studies relate directly to the sort of work the position entails)
    • IE for Operational Transaction Advisory - Interviewer will explain a transaction case involving M&A Transaction Diligence:
    o How would you combine two companies to realize cost synergies?
    o What operational improvements would you suggest?

Notes:
    - Case is tailored to operational diligence – OTS provides a deeper analysis of what a firm does
    - They want to see someone who is willing to take a risk and demonstrate good business instincts

View Answer
The offer was generous enough to mitigate any reason for negotiation. There was some leeway as to which office I would work in.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY.

An indian recruiter talked to us in the career fair, and asked us to interview with him. He was very assuming and disrespectful to students from other origins except from India. I heard that all the Indian students interviewed by him all went to the next rounds.

Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EY.

Very informal, we met at a conference and interviewed in a coffee shop. They asked about my comfort level with excessive travel as a consultant, and they also asked about how well I write. I had the opportunity to meet with a few junior members of the team in a round robin fashion.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Two round interviews, behavioral and case, standard situational questions

Consultant Interview

Applied online and after a few weeks received email asking if I am still interested in the job, salary range, etc. Replied back to the email and never heard from them again. Followed up with the sender asking about my interested, did not hear back from them

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I was interviewed for IT Risk Advisory. Simple questions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in November 2012.

Went to a non-target school and got my connection / interview through networking rather than a campus recruiting program. First spoke to HR on phone and it went well. Guy was nice, professional, and clear. Second, I was contacted by a Senior Manager on the phone (about 1 week later) who also interviewed me. He was very up-front and honest about what he was looking for. He was also very professional and all around it was a pleasant interview. Ultimately I was told he prefers to hire from campus-recruiting programs at their target schools based on past success rates. I received an email from HR the next day explaining I wasn't on top of their list...understandable. All around a pleasant and professional interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the last time you were forced to make a decision you did not want to make.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY in August 2009.

Recruiter contacted me after trolling LinkedIn. Completed on-line application. Had a one-hour phone interview with a manager responsible for P&L in that practice area expertise. Onsite interview about 4-6 weeks later. Surprisingly, no follow up contact. Overall experience seemed more like dealing with a staffing agency than a Big 4.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult experience in dealing with a problem team member on a client engagement, and how did you deal with it?   View Answer
    • Your profile indicated that you enjoy competing against the Big Four and winning in the competition for a client's business. Can you give us an example of when you have done this?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in March 2009.

The hiring process at E&Y is extremely long. After rounds of interviews, they still want you to interview with more than 1 partner. They first screen you with telephone interviews with a manager then set up interviews with senior manager and a partner.

The people that I interviewed with were very nice.. I'm not sure if I believe that they are truly a 'people's' company.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they ask are very standard behavioral questions, but mostly about your prior experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in September 2008.

Interviewed with 5 people including 2 Partners, Sr. Managers and a lunch interview with 2 Managers. Most of the interview conversations were around previous experiences and behavioral type questions. One of the partners asked a couple of situational questions as well.