EY

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consulting Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – The process was relatively standard. A few common phone interviews were held, followed by 4 in person interviews at a regional headquarters. The questions were standard, canned consulting questions including situational, behavioral and case studies.

Interview Question – I did not find any of the questions difficult. As the group I was applying for was growing rapidly, the interviewers were looking at more behavioral aspects.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Salary was very competitive.

New York, NY

The process took 5 months - interviewed at EY in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interviews themselves were staged in an extremely professional, well-organized manner. The followup, however, was slipshod and basically rude. Overall I would say the experience was rather negative. I was left with the impression that their HR people had so many applicants they wouldn't bother with you for more than 5 minutes.

Interview Question – I was asked to lay out the strategy and plans I would follow to succeed in the job were I to be hired.   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2008.

Interview Details – Headhunter contact me to see if I was interested in working for Oil & Gas practice in Saudi Arabia. I agreed to consider the possibility. I was introduced to E&Y, and I had 4 or 5 phone interviews with mostly partners spread throughout a period of about 6 weeks. The process concluded with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe me in detail a difficult situation that you have recently faced in consulting; particularly one that you were unable to overcome or which resulted in imperfect results.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work in Saudi Arabia?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary represented about 40% of my previous salary in the USA; home allowance was insufficient to live in a comparable compound house to the one I have in the USA. Number of holidays was very good, but the travel home allowance was not even enough to pay for a round trip coach class ticket to the USA per year. Job expectations prevented me from living in Bahrain, and expected me to work not only during the week, but also most weekends.

Consultant Manager Interview

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2012.

Interview Details – It took me 1 hr for the interview. half hour for the CV, half hour for the case interview, with both English and Chinese. The interviewer was nice.

Interview Question – Case interview: design a 5-yr strategy for a manufacturing company.   View Answer

Consulting Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview Details – multi layered interview process, a series of successive screens. concentration seemed to be on 'fit to organizations culture'. three layers of phone interviews, one day of onsite, 4 back to back interviews. each one on one, but 7+ total covering 10+hours of conversation.

Interview Question – Why are you looking?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Consulting Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.