EY Consulting Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed first with a person from HR who specialized in my area of expertise. I was very impress with her deep knowledge of the technical aspect of the job and willingness for transparency. Next interview was with a team on site in Chicago. Again very personable with deep knowledge of the role

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

The process was relatively standard. A few common phone interviews were held, followed by 4 in person interviews at a regional headquarters. The questions were standard, canned consulting questions including situational, behavioral and case studies.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the questions difficult. As the group I was applying for was growing rapidly, the interviewers were looking at more behavioral aspects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Salary was very competitive.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

The interviews themselves were staged in an extremely professional, well-organized manner. The followup, however, was slipshod and basically rude. Overall I would say the experience was rather negative. I was left with the impression that their HR people had so many applicants they wouldn't bother with you for more than 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to lay out the strategy and plans I would follow to succeed in the job were I to be hired.   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2008.

Interview

Headhunter contact me to see if I was interested in working for Oil & Gas practice in Saudi Arabia. I agreed to consider the possibility. I was introduced to E&Y, and I had 4 or 5 phone interviews with mostly partners spread throughout a period of about 6 weeks. The process concluded with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe me in detail a difficult situation that you have recently faced in consulting; particularly one that you were unable to overcome or which resulted in imperfect results.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in Saudi Arabia?   Answer Question

Salary represented about 40% of my previous salary in the USA; home allowance was insufficient to live in a comparable compound house to the one I have in the USA. Number of holidays was very good, but the travel home allowance was not even enough to pay for a round trip coach class ticket to the USA per year. Job expectations prevented me from living in Bahrain, and expected me to work not only during the week, but also most weekends.

Consultant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2012.

Interview

It took me 1 hr for the interview. half hour for the CV, half hour for the case interview, with both English and Chinese. The interviewer was nice.

Interview Questions

• Case interview: design a 5-yr strategy for a manufacturing company.   1 Answer

Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview

multi layered interview process, a series of successive screens. concentration seemed to be on 'fit to organizations culture'. three layers of phone interviews, one day of onsite, 4 back to back interviews. each one on one, but 7+ total covering 10+hours of conversation.