EY Executive Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2015
Updated Jan 8, 2015

2.7

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EY in January 2015.

I filled out the application online. They emailed me within a day or two to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took about 30min. Typical phone interview asking about yourself and your experiences. Then going into detail about the job and hiring process in general. I was then asked back for an interview with a manager, which was scheduled within a few days form the initial phone interview. Went in for the interview and met with the manager. Talked for about 30 minutes. She then went in to get one of the partners and spoke with him briefly. Then two other partners joined. Interview went very well.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in December 2013.

I was referred by a recruiter and he passed my name along to the hiring manager. It took a total of maybe 4 weeks to get an offer. I tried to raise my salary, but they said no. Maybe, you could try to raise yours, but my boss would not budge.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult questions. IT was all easy!   Answer Question
    Negotiation with salary they wouldn't budge

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EY in June 2012.

It appears they have a standard of 17 interviews required before an offer can be made. You are interviewed by people with less experience and the whole process wears you down. The interview process is quite ridiculous and made me question their core values. Was a dog and pony show!

Interview Questions
    • How do you prioritize your workload? This was asked by a junior admin who had only been there 8 months.   Answer Question
    • Am I comfortable talking with high level executives? What a ridiculous question, who would answer "no"? It was in my resume that I previously worked with high level executives. They could have questioned me in that respect rather than ask such a ridiculous question. I was asked the same question by two separate people?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your partner wanted to have an appointment with the CEO of a company and their admin said he had no slots available and wouldn't schedule him in.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in August 2010.

One phone interview with a recruiter. An in-person interview with two managers (who I'd be taking daily direction from), one interview with the current employee who was promoted from the job I was applying for (who ended up training me to do the position.) And then one interview with my actual boss who was the location manager for the office.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation you were in at at past employers and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    I received a verbal offer over the phone, which was followed up by an email and a Fed Ex package containing papers I needed to sign and send back. I accepted without negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in May 2010.

I went through a head hunter and had 3 interviews. It was intimidating as it is a Big 4 accounting Firm and it is very corporate. But the people were pretty nice and I got through it.

Interview Questions
    • I always hate when they ask my greatest weakness!!! They all asked this and what kind of culture I was looking for. Honestly I hate to focus on the negative and if I'm looking for a job most likely I don't care about the culture - I just need to pay my bills!!! But seriously, of course everyone wants a friendly fun environment to work in but do you was that to a bunch of stiff Accountants? Fun isn't on the agenda here!!   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

I was initially contacted for a phone interview, then I was invited for an in-person interview where I met with 3 other senior Executive Assistants. Questions were standard interview questions. I was called a few days later to meet with the partners of my areas. This meeting was brief and casual.

Interview Questions
    • Basic standard interview questions. There was nothing that threw me off.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I took the offer I was given.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

Contacted by HR via email.
    Phone screening then two interviews with Director and 2nd interview with partner

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. HR has informed me before on what to expect. The interview not challenging.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

First round with HR and then once selected next level interview with Partner to whom you will be reporting to. Few question related to yourself and then to your previous experiences, strengths weaknesses, work pressure, muti tasking, independent writing skills, effective coordination etc.

Interview Questions
    • related to behavioral question, in case your boss is more commanding and cinical, how you will deal with him   View Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in March 2012.

I submitted my resume, and was called the next day to set up a conference call interview. Very professional, good questions relevant to my role, and interviewed for about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. We discusses my work experience and future goals.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source – interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Very good process only three rounds of interview, very humble and approachable while interviewing. patient and friendly atmosphere. one on one interview. telephonic interview. and not too much of stictness or pressure while interviewing.