EY

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in May 2010.

Interview Details – I went through a head hunter and had 3 interviews. It was intimidating as it is a Big 4 accounting Firm and it is very corporate. But the people were pretty nice and I got through it.

Interview Question – I always hate when they ask my greatest weakness!!! They all asked this and what kind of culture I was looking for. Honestly I hate to focus on the negative and if I'm looking for a job most likely I don't care about the culture - I just need to pay my bills!!! But seriously, of course everyone wants a friendly fun environment to work in but do you was that to a bunch of stiff Accountants? Fun isn't on the agenda here!!   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details – One phone interview with a recruiter. An in-person interview with two managers (who I'd be taking daily direction from), one interview with the current employee who was promoted from the job I was applying for (who ended up training me to do the position.) And then one interview with my actual boss who was the location manager for the office.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation you were in at at past employers and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a verbal offer over the phone, which was followed up by an email and a Fed Ex package containing papers I needed to sign and send back. I accepted without negotiating.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in June 2012.

Interview Details – It appears they have a standard of 17 interviews required before an offer can be made. You are interviewed by people with less experience and the whole process wears you down. The interview process is quite ridiculous and made me question their core values. Was a dog and pony show!

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your workload? This was asked by a junior admin who had only been there 8 months.   Answer Question
  • Am I comfortable talking with high level executives? What a ridiculous question, who would answer "no"? It was in my resume that I previously worked with high level executives. They could have questioned me in that respect rather than ask such a ridiculous question. I was asked the same question by two separate people?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if your partner wanted to have an appointment with the CEO of a company and their admin said he had no slots available and wouldn't schedule him in.   View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted for a phone interview, then I was invited for an in-person interview where I met with 3 other senior Executive Assistants. Questions were standard interview questions. I was called a few days later to meet with the partners of my areas. This meeting was brief and casual.

Interview Question – Basic standard interview questions. There was nothing that threw me off.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I took the offer I was given.

Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very good process only three rounds of interview, very humble and approachable while interviewing. patient and friendly atmosphere. one on one interview. telephonic interview. and not too much of stictness or pressure while interviewing.

Interview Question – your strengths and weknesses   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume, and was called the next day to set up a conference call interview. Very professional, good questions relevant to my role, and interviewed for about 40 minutes.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. We discusses my work experience and future goals.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR via email.
Phone screening then two interviews with Director and 2nd interview with partner

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. HR has informed me before on what to expect. The interview not challenging.   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – First round with HR and then once selected next level interview with Partner to whom you will be reporting to. Few question related to yourself and then to your previous experiences, strengths weaknesses, work pressure, muti tasking, independent writing skills, effective coordination etc.

Interview Question – related to behavioral question, in case your boss is more commanding and cinical, how you will deal with him   View Answer

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!