EY FSO Assurance Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.8

FSO Assurance Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

First round on campus interview was with a partner who was very welcoming and friendly. I had a great conversation with her and I got to the second round office visit. That interview consisted of three 30 minute interviews, one partner and 2 managers. The partner didn't seem like she had prepared anything at all to ask me, and it was an awkward 30 minutes of slow, pointless questions. I didn't feel like she cared to be speaking with me at all. I wasn't surprised that I didn't get the offer, even though the other 2 interviews went alright.

Interview Questions

• All basic behavioral questions, talk about team skills, overcoming challenges, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

FSO Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY in October 2014.

Interview

I go to a small school so we don't have campus recruiting. I got my foot in the door through a very distant connection. I had a phone interview as a substitute to campus interviews. I was invited to an office interview at the end of the phone interview. Office interview a week later- interviews with staff, manager, and partner. Natural conversation flow to interview. Called to follow up as I was receiving offers from other firms and was given an offer on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself... FSO versus general audit preference (I had banking experience) What questions do you have for us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

The process started in my MSA program. We did meet the firms at our school and they set up optional mock interviews with staff members from the various accounting firms. You then uploaded your resume to companies you wanted to work for and if accepted you did a first round interview. I wanted to go out of the area so I had to be referred out. I received a call a few weeks later stating that they were flying me to Philadelphia for a social dinner and an interview the next day. I was put in a very nice hotel and had a great chance to talk to some of the people at the dinner as I was from out of state and was not familiar with them. The next day the interview was a half day event with a tour and presentations. I had two half hour interviews with a Manager and a Senior Manager. After the interviews we were taken to lunch and were told we would hear from them within two weeks. I got a phone call one hour later and was told they were offering me a position and would send my official offer within two business days. Really great company and the whole interview process made me feel welcome and already like a part of the team.

Interview Questions

• All were very straight forward questions and they felt like more of a conversation to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but I was told if the starting salaries offered changed when I started, mine would change as well because I accepted almost a year before my start date.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through school's career website and got the on campus interview and then invited to the on site interview. The interview on campus was not hard, the interviewer simply went through my resume. For the on site interview, I was interviewed by two managers. The first manager asked a lot of questions regarding my undergraduate activities, my leadership and asked me some questions about my current auditing internship. The second manager was a little bit arrogant and looked like he didn't prepare to ask me questions at all... He asked me to tell him something about myself and also discussed about volleyball, as I was the setter in my undergraduate. I received my rejection letter after 2 weeks of the on site interview, but my friend received the call for an offer on the interview day.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you team was out of the track, and you help them to go back.   Answer Question