EY IT Audit Staff Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

3.2

IT Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY in August 2011.

Interview

behavioral questions.nothing out of the ordinary. Questions were focused on prior experiences in the latter part of the interview. The interviewer seemed to be interested in what i had to say.

Interview Questions

• Your strengths, weakness and one thing you would change in the past and so on.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

IT Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview

College interview with one onsite office interview. The firm offered a "Meet the Firm" night which I attended and was the only MIS student at the event. Everyone else was finance/accounting. Casually talked to the hiring manager which resulted in a brief interview the following day and an offer after an office visit the following week.

Interview Questions

• Related coursework and work experience in IT. General personality type questions gauging the ability to work in teams.   Answer Question

IT Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ḩawallī (Kuwait)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Ḩawallī (Kuwait)) in August 2011.

Interview

Very technical interview. First there was an interview with someone in HR very easy and simple, explained the process. The technical interview was compromised of a test and then the interviewer asked you questions from the test and used your cv to interview you.

IT Audit Staff Interview

Interview

Process was timely. Great experience overall for an interview. People were out going and friendly. All spoke highly of company culture. Seemed like a great place for the beginning of a career.

IT Audit Staff Interview

Interview

Phone interview then in-person with 4-5 people. Phone interview has some behavioral questions, then tell me about yourself, why the company, position, etc. Same thing as in person and throughout, so the answers should be well prepared.

Interview Questions

• Case study, use a framework to describe the issues and path toward a solution for ABC company having XYZ problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None whatsoever.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Applied during school on website. Interviewed at school, at office, and got hired

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you failed to accomplish and assigned task?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations allowed. They can always get another person to replace you.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

For the hiring process as an IT Auditor - Staff straight from college, it began by submitting a resume online like all other jobs. Then, there were on campus interviews. During this interview, I was asked to complete a business case analysis, essay, and the usual behavioral interview. We were given about 10 or 15 minutes to read through the business case before the interview and that was the first thing dicussed and then the interview lasted about 45 min or so. After the interview, we had to write an essay. There were about 3 different choices to write about, and I chose to write about teamwork. After the campus interview, there was an office visit. During the office visit, I met with a Partner, Sr. Manager, and Manager (3 separate interviews).

Interview Questions

• The hardest thing of the entire process was probably the business case because there wasn't any way to prepare for it. Other than that, once I made it to the office visit, it seemed like EY was more interested in selling themselves to me, rather than me having to answer a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate since the salary seemed reasonable and I received a signing bonus as well.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Denver, CO) in January 2009.

Interview

Very formal and structured on-campus interview process. Full-day office interview with 3 or 4 team members ranging from seniors to the partner in the group. All interviews focused on how the interviewee fit within the firms core values and People framework. With the exception of the partner and senior manager interviews, the interviews were generally relaxed and easy. Offer was given only a few days after the office interview.

Interview Questions

• During my interview process, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. Currently, the firm requires the candidate to complete a case study and writing sample, which is then graded by a member of the team. For this, be mindful what position you are applying for a craft your answer to be consistent with what group you are trying to join (IT v.s audit v.s. tax, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. But I would recommend trying. I regret not even trying.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was a college campus hire and I was interviewed on campus for the first round. The night before we had a meet and greet a local place and I got to meet all the recruiters and interviewers. So basically I already knew my interviewer. The first round was just some basic behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Interview went smoothly as I already knew the interviewer prior to it. They accepted me and I was brought in for a 2nd round interview at the local office I wanted to work at. It consisted of 3 interviews. 1 was a case interview and the others were very laid back more behavioral interviews. Basically they just want to know if you are able to hold a conversation because when you are on the job you meet with a lot of clients. The case interview consisted of a me reading a case and pointing of the issues I saw in the IT environment. The interviewer would ask very basic questions just to get a feel for my thought process. Nothing extreme.

Interview Questions

• The business case was the most difficult part of the interview process as they gave you a limited amount of time to study the case. Some of the questions were very broad and sometimes hard to answer. But the whole point of it was to just get a feel of your thought process.   Answer Question

IT Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2010.

Interview

1 round of interview with 2 senior managers

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected, required to answer your personal strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question