EY ITRA Internship Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Requires a writing portion, on campus interview, and office visit.
For the office visit, we came in the evening before the office visit ad went to a partner's house for dinner. The next morning, we had an office visit. There are two behavioral interviews and one case.

Interview Questions
  • Most were general behavioral questions or just conversational.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

I applied for the internship through my online Campus Recruiting System. My first interview was on campus. It consisted of a case which was given to you 20 minutes before your interview. During those 20 minutes you were to read it and come up with the problems/risks and recommendations. The rest of the interview was very conversational, though I think this would vary from interviewer to interviewer. Some might ask more behavioral questions, but I was asked only one. I heard back about a week later through an email invitation to an office visit. There was a pre-interview dinner at one of the partner's houses and the next day you spent a few hours at the office. The first session was a presentation given by one of the partners telling us more about EY. This was followed by two consecutive 45 minute interviews where they asked more behavioral questions. Nothing too bad but not as conversational as I expected. The last session was a panel where you could ask interns or staffs any questions you wanted. The day ended with lunch with everyone. I got a phone call with a verbal offer the day after (a Thursday) and received a written offer the following Monday. Everyone was extremely friendly and tried to make everyone feel as comfortable as possible. The welcoming atmosphere and kind people are what drew me to EY the most!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected. There is a list of 50 common questions EY asks on the internet which were helpful in preparing!   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2012.

I passed the initial interview easily and really clicked with my interviewer. For final rounds, I felt good about everything - I feel like dinner the night before went well, that I gave solid answers to all of their behavioral questions, and that I gave strong answers to the business case.

The biggest thing that caught me off guard was several days after the interview, I got a phone call from the recruiter, and he told me that as far as my candidacy, "everything looked good." He then asked me how I was feeling, to which I replied something like "I would definitely be very likely to accept an offer if I was given one" since I still had one final round interview to go and would have preferred that one if I had gotten it. The recruiter then ended the call, and then a few days later I got the e-mail telling me that I didn't get the internship!!! This seemed like a terrible and back-handed way to go about selecting candidates.

I've determined that why I didn't get an offer was because I didn't give a definite "Yes" to answer his question about what I was thinking, but again that phone call caught me off guard at the moment and the recruiter had practically just told me that I was going to get the job right beforehand. It seemed like he was trying to get me to commit to accepting the job before I was even given an offer. This was the only interview I've ever had where the recruiter called me post-interview to ask me an additional question - this was unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Really confused by the phone call by the recruiter several days after the final round interview.   Answer Question

Internship ITRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at EY in February 2011.

The application process is very straightforward (at least for UK). After submitting an online application you will be invited to sit an online test. This is typical numerical and verbal reasoning. If you pass this stage a phone interview will follow. In my case, we talked for more than an hour and it was pretty relaxed. Questions where typical competency style, e.g. give me an example of time when you showed.... leadership, etc. Just know your CV, know your strenghts and weaknesses, and make sure you know what are the requirements for you position so that you can tailor your answer.
    If you pass the interview, you will be invited to an assessment center. Here I was out into a group with 5 other applicants. Note that I was the only one in the room applying for my position, and I believe it was the same for the rest of the group. The day consisted of several parts. First you had to re- take the online test, there and then in front of the people. This was followed by a discussion on a case that we were given a week prior to the interview. For us the topic was "Virtual Teamwork and its benefits". In addition, there were two real life scenarios we had to go through. First one was a telephone conversation with your manager about a team member that is not performing very well on your project. The second one was an E-tray exercise, sorting out emails, writing a report.
    The very final stage you need to pass is an interview with a senior manager. In my case this seemed to more just a formality than an actual screening process. It was very relaxed, with questions like, why do you want to join this department, why have you chosen this city to join, where do you see yourself in couple of years, etc.

Overall, I did not find the application process extremely difficult, and I have to say it was a great experience working with E&Y.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you chose this city to apply to, are you committed to stay in this office also in the long- term?   Answer Question
    There are two summer intern programs, one in the first half of the summer and one in the second. You have some degree of flexibility, if you cannot participate in the rotation that you will be assigned.