EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – on campus interview, all behavioral quessitons

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had an interview through the ELP. It circumvented the first round and went straight to the super day. It was a behavioral interview (mine was with a partner) that was standard and then a case interview with a typed sheet to read the case.

Interview Question – What do you want to talk about?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied via campus recruiting.

The pre-night consisted of a very fun event where we got to network with professionals (your greeter and interviewer included) from all practices by playing games to win tickets for a raffle. Overall, it was a very refreshing change and definitely much better than the buttoned-up dinner pre-nights that you will typically find. The next day's interviewed consisted of a very casual 20 minute interview.

A few days later, I received a written assessment to be completed online. From my understanding, this was traditionally assessed at the office. You got 45 minutes to write a response to a given prompt. Essentially, just make sure you can convey your thoughts in a well thought out way.

About two days later, I received a phone call and an email extending me a second round interview at the office. Prior to my interview, i was contacted by my "host" who would be guiding me during interview day. The night before, Ernst & Young held a very nice dinner in downtown Chicago (which I was unfortunately unable to attend). The second round interview consisted of 3 45 minute interviews - 2 behavioral interviews and a case study interview with Managers. The case was not too difficult, but I did not feel that I had done particularly well on it. Just be yourself and think logically through. This is a case study interview, so you will most likely be asked questions by the interviewer.

I got an offer a few days after that. Ernst & Young was very good about working around my other deadlines. Everyone was great throughout the entire process!

Interview Question – What are the biggest risks that this company faces? How can internal audit help them?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as I was very happy with the compensation

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2011.

Interview Details – The process started at my university where I underwent an oncampus inerview. This interview was behavioral and I found it enjoyable. I then went to the office a few weeks later for a full day of second round interviews. This consisted of 2 1:1 interviews, a writing samples and a case study. The entire day was enjoyable and they tried to make me feel at home. The interviews were behavioral and I found it easy to talk to them. I am still waiting to hear back about an offer.

Interview Questions

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Interview Details – Final round of interview consists of 4 different types of interviews. One, 1:1 behavioral interview with a Partner. Two, case study analysis. Three, 1:1 behavioral interview with a Manager and four, writing sample. These interviews are followed by a group lunch where you get to meet other candidates and EY employees.

Throughout the entire interview process, they try and evaluate if you could be the best match for their company. Interviews are behavioral which gives them an insight of how well you can react to situations, how have you responded to difficult situations in your past and other behavioral type questions. Regarding case analysis, they do not expect you to give them final correct answer rather they see your approach towards problem solving. How well you can organize your thoughts and share with your interviewer. Writing sample consists of some random non technical topics on which you have to write one page.

Interview Question – All sample interview questions are given are on their website which cover most of the base. Please refer them. They are important.   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – The process was very well organized and the interviewers were extremely friendly but at the same time very professional. They genuinely want to get to know you and try their best to make you comfortable and relaxed during the whole process.

Interview Question – The most difficult portion of the interview process was the mini case study at the end.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY ITRA interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.