EY ITRA Staff Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2014

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ITRA Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY.

I applied at my university's career search website. I was contacted soon in about a week to schedule an on-campus interview. I was also invited to a reception event which was organized closed to campus a night before the interview where I got a chance to meet with lots of people from EY along with a Senior manager. The interview included 15mins of case study and 30 mins of general conversation type interview. The case was pretty easy if you know how to handle it. They just want to see if you have any plan to handle it or not.

Received a call of an on site interview in about a couple of weeks which included 3 interviews(2Senior managers, 1 Partner) These interviews were pretty much like the one on campus. Never felt like I was being interviewed. They were so casual. I did my homework in the form of research, and preparation though. Don't expect to have a comfortable experience if you haven't prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions
  • The business case was too long to read slowly/carefully in 15 mins. I had to read quick, and take notes fast.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Started with a campus interview which was all behavioral questions. I was invited to the office for a visit where I had three interviews. The first was a behavioral interview, the second a case study, and the third was an interview with the Partner. The interview process is not bad at all.

Interview Questions
    • The business case I had was about two companies merging together and the risks associated with the merger, specifically focusing on IT risks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting and was invited to an office tour followed by a cocktail hour. The office tour consisted of meeting a partner, several managers, and a quick tour around the office. Everyone was very friendly and genuinely wanted to get to know all of the candidates. After the office tour, I got an email saying I was selected for an on-campus interview. I had to complete a short, online writing assessment prior to the on-campus interview. The interview was strictly behavioral.

ITRA Staff Interview

Hiring process: submit resume, receive brief interview with HR, submit college transcripts, phone interview with manager

Office interview process: Meet multiple staff members, interview with at least 3 managers/partners, case study and writing assignment

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Easy interview. No preparation is needed really. Be prepared to go over your resume and talk about your experiences. Management is very friendly and keen to hear about you. There is a 50 word minimum so I guess I will keep typing nonsense and hope that glassdoor doesn't pick it up.

No negotiation for campus hires.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Initial communications were through information sessions at school. I did a lot of networking by meeting EY professionals at various events like networking events, a resume review and a career fair. From there, I was able to get a first round interview. It was behavioral with the typical behavioral questions in the beginning and then moving more into a conversation towards the end. I was then invited for an final round office visit. I had a great experience. I had a chance to meet new EY professionals at the pre-interview reception dinner and then I went through the office interview process the next day. The first two interviews were behavioral and the last one was a case interview. The case interview was fairly straightforward since I had read up on the framework that they had provided.

Interview Questions
    • How will Ernst and Young contribute to your future aspirations?   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!