EY Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

On campus interview with 1 manager, office interview with manager and partner Very relaxing and conversational not so much as a formal interview. They want to get to know you better and know your personality Have a positive attitude and be genuine.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was very smooth. They interviewed on campus, then brought people in for super days at the office. The super day consisted of 3 interviews - 2 behavioral and 1 case study. Everyone I met was very nice and excited for the applicants to be there. They place you with a recent hire to take you to each interview, which helped ease nerves and make the transitions run more smoothly. They followed up about a week after the super day with a phone call to tell me about the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge you faced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I first applied on my Campus recruitment website for EY's Emerging Leaders Program. I then had one on-campus interview with a staff member. All behavioral questions. Don't forget to cater your answers so that you are highlighting your skills that are also important to EY.. Then, I had two in-office interviews. One with a manager and one with a partner. The partner's interview was a little difficult because she just wanted me to ask questions. No behavioral questions were asked. After my interviews, there was a one-on-one lunch with a staff member. Overall, it was a great experience. Everyone I interviewed with made me feel so comfortable. I heard back within a few days that I was offered a spot for the Emerging Leaders Program. Since I am interested in Advisory, in order to be offered an internship offer after the Emerging Leaders Program I needed to have a case study interview. I was the most nervous for this but it was not at all like I feared. You are given a case to read and then you talk about it with an EY employee. They really try and help you relax and think out the problems/solutions. I actually really enjoyed the case study. I got a call the next morning offering me the internship.

Intern Interview

Interview

Resumes were submitted through the on campus program and interview selections were made. Pre-interview dinner allowed for candidates to meet the firm and their interviewers. On campus interviews the next day with one partner lasted about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Two day program where the first was a get to know the firm. This included networking meals, community service and fun ice breaker activities. The second day was a series of one on one interviews and a case study.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

During the first round of interviews, I talked to a partner and he was surprisingly very friendly and not intimidating. Most of his questions were based on the details listed on my resume, so make sure you know your resume well! He only asked one behavioral question. During my second round of interviews, I met with 3 different partners and most of their questions were behavioral. They had already heard a lot of details about me from my first interviewer, so don't repeat yourself word for word to keep them interested.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to solve a problem in a group setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed on my university campus first. Two interviews, half hour each. Not too difficult, not really any tricky questions in this stage. Mostly just trying to get to know you and your resume. Then I interviewed at the office (New York), again 2 interviews. Since I was interviewing for an advisory internship one of these interviews was a case study and the other was behavioral.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I interviewed for a summer intern position with the ITRA group. Before the interview, there was an online writing assessment which basically tested applicants logical thinking and reasoning. I didn't finish the essay, but I still got into the first-round interview. The first-round interview was just a typical on-campus interview, in which most questions are behavioral questions. However, there were still some "surprises". After passing the first-round, EY invited the candidates for an office interview, in which a candidate would have interviews with three managers. One of the interview is a case interview, for which a candidate would be given 15 minutes to read a 3 to 4-page case, and then discussed the case with the interviewer. The other two interviews are mainly about the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation in which you have to use your imagination to solve the problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

You go through a series of interviews. One on campus interview then you are brought into the office where you will go through two additional behavioral interviews. Upon getting the leadership program you will have two additional interviews during the two day process one behavioral and one case study.

Interview Questions

• One was behavioral so things like, tell me about yourself. One was a case study so they are done on an individual basis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewwe through my university accounting program. During the EY interview I met with a partner who asked questions over my resume, personal life and career goals. Just a regular interview. Nothing to stress about here.