EY Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

During the first round of interviews, I talked to a partner and he was surprisingly very friendly and not intimidating. Most of his questions were based on the details listed on my resume, so make sure you know your resume well! He only asked one behavioral question.

During my second round of interviews, I met with 3 different partners and most of their questions were behavioral. They had already heard a lot of details about me from my first interviewer, so don't repeat yourself word for word to keep them interested.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to solve a problem in a group setting.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed on my university campus first. Two interviews, half hour each. Not too difficult, not really any tricky questions in this stage. Mostly just trying to get to know you and your resume. Then I interviewed at the office (New York), again 2 interviews. Since I was interviewing for an advisory internship one of these interviews was a case study and the other was behavioral.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

I interviewed for a summer intern position with the ITRA group. Before the interview, there was an online writing assessment which basically tested applicants logical thinking and reasoning. I didn't finish the essay, but I still got into the first-round interview.

The first-round interview was just a typical on-campus interview, in which most questions are behavioral questions. However, there were still some "surprises".

After passing the first-round, EY invited the candidates for an office interview, in which a candidate would have interviews with three managers. One of the interview is a case interview, for which a candidate would be given 15 minutes to read a 3 to 4-page case, and then discussed the case with the interviewer. The other two interviews are mainly about the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation in which you have to use your imagination to solve the problem.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied from campus career website posting and got a campus interview a week later. The company sent alumni to give the first round interviews. Then about two weeks after the first round interview, onsite interview invitation was sent by emails.

Interview Questions

• Describe leadership and teamwork experience. Why do you choose tax function?
      Which sub service line do you want to join?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Interview

On-Campus interview with 1 manager or partner after applying online and requesting an interview through the university's career center. Followed by an invite to an office visit with 2 more interviews with random partners or managers of the firm. They pay for your travel expenses with the office visit and I got the call from them extending an offer less than an hour after leaving the office.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2015.

Interview

Brief, standard, and quite honestly unfair. I walked into the interview and it felt as if the position I was applying for was filled from the second I sat down. Interviewer seemed tired and uninterested. His comments were fairly derogatory of my achievements and it lasted for about a maximum of 15 minutes.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Submitted online, interviewed in 1.5 weeks. There was a pre-interview networking event where you get to meet your interviewer and other students who are interviewing with the same job. Freely ask about company culture, experiences, advices etc.

Intern Interview

Interview

I went through a resume screen, a behavioral interview on campus, and then three interviews at the EY superday. I was admitted to and attended EY Emerging Leaders externship program, and then I heard back about the offer.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was fairly routine, brush up on general case interview techniques and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

The first one on one interview is self explanatory... basic questions.

The second interview I was called in for was very confusing and didn't make much sense. You bounced around to 2 different offices with senior or manager level workers who are auditors that are never in the office and barely had time to talk to you. They showed little interest which made me confused on how they choose who gets the job. I still do not even know if I will get the position for the internship yet....

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for summer assurance intern position initially. Had a phone interview with the recruiter, was told will be get back in roughly two weeks. After two+ months, a recruiter reached out and invite me to an in-office interview for a tax intern position.

On the day of the interview, I was informed that one of the interviewers call in sick ( the staff said that is a good thing because I have one less interview, I actually thought the opposite). Nevertheless, the interview with the manager went well. The interview with partner was more intimating than I originally thought, he ask me a lot of question about my high school that I never listed on my resume. The interview are all conversational, no behavior question at all.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected is the partner asked me a lot of question about my high school (why you choose that high school, what do you know about the football team, which I never play football in my life)   Answer Question