EY

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.8

135 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Applied through school, had an on campus interview and was asked to go to the office for second round. Second round interview was with a manager and a partner and at the end of the interviews, the greeter took us out to eat.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Applied through university recruiting. Process took about 2 weeks. 2 back to back interviews. One 30 minute behavioral, one 30 minute case. Heard back in about a week. Interview was on campus.

Intern Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Applied through on campus recruitment. The process at my school was very selective and only 4 students were chosen to interview for the Audit internship.Went through only first round but the greeter and interviewer were really nice.The greeter was a newly hired associate and she was very nice in helping the interviewees calm their fears before the interview. The interview was pretty good too.its just going through your resume and identifying why you make a good candidate. The trick to interviewing for the big 4's is to highlight all your strengths as much as possible even if they don't explicitly ask.I failed to do this and even though my interviewer and I had similar interests I failed to identify my strengths.I got an email 2 days after telling me they won't be moving on with me but I emailed my interviewer asking for tips to help me better my interview and I ended up getting an internship at another big 4

Intern Interview

Second round of interviews was between a senior associate, manager, and partner. Most questions between associate and manager were behavioral. interview with partner was very laid back. After interviewing, I had to wait about two weeks before I got a rejection.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Had an on-campus interview for the internship and received a call about two weeks later for an in-office interview day. The night before, EY invited all of the interviewees out for dinner at a nice restaurant, where we sat with people from our prospective departments. The day of, they served us breakfast in-office, gave us a tour, provided a panel of associates in the department, and we each had three interviews, followed by a lunch and a closing presentation from the Office Manager. Got a final response several weeks later. The interviews were all very conversational and relaxed.

Interview Questions

Other internship offer was closer to home

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

Saw them giving out information at a stand in my school so I went up to talk to them. The campus recruiter told me to come to office hours and during office hours I learnt about an internship oppurtunity. I applied and got invited for an office interview in their Washington D.C office in Mclean, VA office. The whole process was less than two months but it took me about a week to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you had to get something done that you didn't really want to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

Started by applying through campus job website. Was selected for an on campus interview. Interviewed with a manager, very relaxed, went over resume. Very conversational, asked about teamwork and leadership, but also just talked about career path and studies in general. Heard back about 2 and a half weeks after on campus interview, inviting me to an office visit or "superday". That day I was given a welcome presentation, which was followed by 2 interviews back to back, and then was taken out to a lunch. "Superday" experience was fantastic, made very comfortable, and everyone was very welcoming. Interviews were similar to on-campus, focused less on specific questions. Went over resume but they were more focused on what my career aspirations were, why EY, why accounting. Again very conversational, they liked to talk about how they got to EY and their careers. Got a call less than an hour after the interview offering me a position. Written offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you worked on a team that had members that were difficult to work with.
      Talk about your leadership positions at school.
      Why Accounting? Why EY? Why Audit?

View Answer

Intern Interview

Applied online through my school. From there had a behaviorial interview. Which had standard questions on things such as leadership, and team environments. From there there was an office visit with a few more behaviorual interviews. Great expereince overall.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

On Campus Interview - Behavioral in nature; Online Written Assessment for Writing Skills about a generic topic; In Office Interview - 2 Behavioral Interviews with Partners; and Case Study Interview where case was presented and a short time was given to get familiarized ;

Interview Questions
    • Business Case regarding risks of Bank A acquiring Bank B; SWOT Analysis; Risks of acquisition; Synergies of acquisition   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

I interviewed on campus for the technology advisor program(TAP). The on campus interview was behavioral, with questions focusing on some past skills/experiences from my resume and about teamwork, as well as strengths and weaknesses. I was notified 2.5 weeks later that I had been accepted to the second round "Megaday" at the NYC office, which consists of 2 interviews and a case study. Most of the time spent in the interviews were spent by me asking questions to the interviewer. Make sure you have plenty prepared and show a genuine interest in EY and the program. The interviews questions focused mostly on the skills that I could bring to the table, as well as more behavioral questions. The case study was challenging(theoretical based, not mathematical), but they definitely help guide you through it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to trick you, everything was fairly straightforward.   View Answer