EY

Getting the Interview

92 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Called me two weeks before, simply asking me what am I applying for. Then about to visit the Houston Office.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Like all Big 4 firms, you start off with an on-campus interview and then if you are selected for round 2, you'll go to the office that you want to spend your internship. The first interview was just going through my resume, talking about the different experiences I had, and so on. Mostly behavioral style of questions. The second interview was basically a conversation. They wanted to make sure I was able to hold a conversation with someone (future client). Not too bad really.

Interview Question – What is the one thing in life that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through college website. Then, you will be notified about a week after the deadline whether you got a first round interview or not. If they like you and feel you are EY material, you will be invited to a second round, in-house interview. After this, you will either be offered the internship or not. The process takes about 3 months if you go through the whole thing.

Interview Question – Mostly Behavior Questions, none stood out. Mostly went through resume.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Went through the school career website and eventually got through till the super day at the NY office for Technology Advisory. Interview was more evaluation based than a conversation. The case study was very vague but they give you hints to assist you. I suggest you be very well prepared as they can really dig deep into your resume.

Interview Question – How would you explain this algorithm to a 5 year old?
Time you had to deal with a difficult person?
  Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview Details – Had several phone 1-1 interviews, all of them very conversational and easy going. Really made me feel comfortable and that EY would be a good place to work. Also conveyed to me that they were very serious about getting the job done, but at the same time there was a good work environment in place. interviewed for the PI practice within advisory, and all the questions were very fit and behavioral.

Interview Question – Can you give an example of when you had a lot of work to get done? How did you handle the situation? How do handle those situations?   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details – There were a few phases. It started with basic campus recruiting and transitioned into on-campus interviews. Mostly behavioral type questions. Following that, there were more recruiting events to get to know the current employees. Fairly involved, but helpful process. Mentally prepare yourself for lots of mingling whether you like it or not. Following that, there was a day of in-office interviews (3) with a partner, associate, and manager.

Interview Question – The questions were 95% behavioral and the interviewing styles were nothing "grilling" or intimidating. The only "awkward" instance for me was when the partner interviewed me. He didn't say a word when I walked in, so I started the conversation and asked him about his career and what he enjoyed doing with his free time. I actually had a nice conversation with him about his career and the accounting world. He called me that night to give me my offer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Upon reflection, I decided I did not want to work in the accounting world. I needed to do something more creative - accounting can be creative, but not in a good way.

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I applied tax intern though school's job website and then to be chosen to attend first round campus interview. Before the interview, we had a pre-night networking event with staff from ey, including your interviewers. So be well prepared and talk to as many people as you can during it. For the first round interview, one of the tax director interviewed me. It was all about behavior questions. Not going through resume. It was more likely a small conversation about hobbies,families and cultures. Then I was invited to site interview. I met with a manager and partner, each for 30 minutes. The manager asks more about resume while the partner merely "chatted" with me with casual topics.

Interview Question – what is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through the school career services website. Was given a chance to interview with a partner on campus, this was more of a behavioral interview but from this very careful to gain perspective on the professional culture of the company. The Interviewer seemed to like this and was also very open and honest in sharing their experiences at the company, both good and bad.

Interview Question – Most difficult questions seemed to be one that asked of conflict in a group environment and what was done to resolve said issue. Carefully choosing verbiage that did not show bias in conflict and thinking on the spot for it seemed to be the most difficult, but it was not too bad as I had already prepped for questions such as the one mentioned.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – fairly simple, on campus interview followed by second round interview in new york

Interview Question – What is something not on your resume   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed on a Friday on campus and received a call the following Thursday that I got super day. Went to super day a week later on Friday. Got a call that Tuesday that I received the position. Deadline to respond was in 2 weeks. Got it extended to 4 weeks and eventually decided to accept the offer last minute.

Interview Question – The case study was about 2 different banks, one online and the other retail, that were going to merge and how they can help eachother out given that the retail bank is going through some legal issues after the 2008 crisis. the online bank has no atms and the retail bank has no iphone apps/proper website banking system. Only 30 minutes to read case study, take notes, and answer interviewer's questions. It was fairly easy since we had such a short time to talk and I spent 10/15 minutes reading the case study and another 5 discussing my resume.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for internship offer. got the offer a few days later and given 2 weeks to respond. got deadline extended to 4 weeks. pay was 5160 a month but it comes to 29.77/hr which is one of the highest I have heard for tech advisory. higher than deloitte tech and pwc tech.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Intern interview questions and advice. All 92 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.