EY

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I applied from campus career website posting and got a campus interview a week later. The company sent alumni to give the first round interviews. Then about two weeks after the first round interview, onsite interview invitation was sent by emails.

Interview Questions
  • Describe leadership and teamwork experience. Why do you choose tax function?
    Which sub service line do you want to join?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

On-Campus interview with 1 manager or partner after applying online and requesting an interview through the university's career center. Followed by an invite to an office visit with 2 more interviews with random partners or managers of the firm. They pay for your travel expenses with the office visit and I got the call from them extending an offer less than an hour after leaving the office.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

Submitted online, interviewed in 1.5 weeks. There was a pre-interview networking event where you get to meet your interviewer and other students who are interviewing with the same job. Freely ask about company culture, experiences, advices etc.

Intern Interview

I went through a resume screen, a behavioral interview on campus, and then three interviews at the EY superday. I was admitted to and attended EY Emerging Leaders externship program, and then I heard back about the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was fairly routine, brush up on general case interview techniques and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

The first one on one interview is self explanatory... basic questions.

The second interview I was called in for was very confusing and didn't make much sense. You bounced around to 2 different offices with senior or manager level workers who are auditors that are never in the office and barely had time to talk to you. They showed little interest which made me confused on how they choose who gets the job. I still do not even know if I will get the position for the internship yet....

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY in January 2015.

I applied for summer assurance intern position initially. Had a phone interview with the recruiter, was told will be get back in roughly two weeks. After two+ months, a recruiter reached out and invite me to an in-office interview for a tax intern position.

On the day of the interview, I was informed that one of the interviewers call in sick ( the staff said that is a good thing because I have one less interview, I actually thought the opposite). Nevertheless, the interview with the manager went well. The interview with partner was more intimating than I originally thought, he ask me a lot of question about my high school that I never listed on my resume. The interview are all conversational, no behavior question at all.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected is the partner asked me a lot of question about my high school (why you choose that high school, what do you know about the football team, which I never play football in my life)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in January 2015.

Phone interview, invited to final round in NYC headquarters for two back-to-back, one-on-one interviews. Interviewers were very friendly and not too intense of a process. Heard back a week later through email.

Intern Interview

Applied through school, had an on campus interview and was asked to go to the office for second round. Second round interview was with a manager and a partner and at the end of the interviews, the greeter took us out to eat.

Intern Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Applied through on campus recruitment. The process at my school was very selective and only 4 students were chosen to interview for the Audit internship.Went through only first round but the greeter and interviewer were really nice.The greeter was a newly hired associate and she was very nice in helping the interviewees calm their fears before the interview. The interview was pretty good too.its just going through your resume and identifying why you make a good candidate. The trick to interviewing for the big 4's is to highlight all your strengths as much as possible even if they don't explicitly ask.I failed to do this and even though my interviewer and I had similar interests I failed to identify my strengths.I got an email 2 days after telling me they won't be moving on with me but I emailed my interviewer asking for tips to help me better my interview and I ended up getting an internship at another big 4

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Applied through university recruiting. Process took about 2 weeks. 2 back to back interviews. One 30 minute behavioral, one 30 minute case. Heard back in about a week. Interview was on campus.