EY Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.8

109 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

Mostly behavioral based questions during the first round interview. The second round interview involved both skill based questions, team experiences, and behavioral based questions. Additionally, during the second round interview I met with three EY employees ranging from senior staff employees to senior managers.

Interview Questions
  • What was your most difficult experience and how did you respond to it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

On campus interviews first. Usually 3 then bring you into the office for 3 more interviews then you get a call back if you got the position or not. Not to hard just be personable. Make sure to be prepared and to ask questions. Make sure its not just them talking the whole time. Keep your grades up and make sure you follow up after the interview with a thank you letter.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were behavioral and just find something in common with the person interviewing you.   Answer Question
    No negotiation your an intern

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Applied online through my university and received an interview on campus. I was then asked to go the the New York office for 3 interviews (2 behavioral and 1 case). Everyone was very nice in interviews and they did not seem intent on trying to trick me. While in the NYC office, they really try to make sure that you have a good experience. A partner that I interviewed with even gave me a call to congratulate me on my offer. The campus recruiter was also very responsive and attentive to any questions.

Interview Questions
    • None specifically. The questions were behavioral and related to my resume. The case interview was very basic.   Answer Question
    For interns, EY only allows you to negotiate how long you have to accept the offer.

Intern Interview

Went online to my university's job site, saw link to the interview and applied. Sent in transcripts, resume, cover letter. Was invited to pre-interview social where I got to meet a bunch of staff and met the person I interviewed with. Was a very positive experience, no really difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Realistically there was no most difficult or unexpected question, it was more of a conversational interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

The people were great. I interview with 2 of the partners and had a great conversation with them. It did not take as long as I thought it would, but I would say I did not have a regular interview. So the key is to prepare look up information about the company and try to tie it in the interview to let them know you are knowledgeable of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Did not have anything too difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EY.

I applied through a program at my school and got a risk intern interview. The interview process consisted of situational questions and a 15 minute case study prior to the interview. Going to any recruitment event or job fair will definitely bump up the chances of you getting an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions were discussed (ratios, methodologies) from the case study, just make sure that you ask questions about the case study for clarification, not simply just providing answers to the scenario in retrospect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in May 2012.

Applied through university career service. Couple days after I received interview notification. We had a group dinner at a restaurant then interview is the next day. EY hired about 2 out of 20 people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

EY interviews on campus for both their leadership program and for full-time summer/winter internships. After one round of campus interviews, you are invited to the office for a second interview if you pass the first one. I interviewed with about 4 different people at all different levels in the company, from senior managers to a partner. Mostly background info and getting to know you based on your resume. Not too difficult or strenous.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too hard- only a few behavioral questions such as a time you exhibited leadership skills   Answer Question
    phone call shortly after finishing my interview; formal written offer came within several days and I had 2 weeks to make a decision

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Campus recruiting, on site interview. (4 head to head interview, each half hour) Invited to Superday, where I was intereviewed by 4 senior managers and a Partner. Don't really have a lot of time to ask questions or go too much into detail in 30 minute interviews, but got the feeling they were more interested in learning if you are the right fit and can be "developed".

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

I had a Telephone Interview which was a combination of technical and behavioral question. Then an onsite interview. First round was a written round that had database, coding, design related questions. After that 3 rounds of behavioral interview with senior management.

Interview Questions
    • It was straight forward interview if you have practiced enough from a technical perspective.   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!