EY Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

106 interviews

2.8

106 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Applied online through my university and received an interview on campus. I was then asked to go the the New York office for 3 interviews (2 behavioral and 1 case). Everyone was very nice in interviews and they did not seem intent on trying to trick me. While in the NYC office, they really try to make sure that you have a good experience. A partner that I interviewed with even gave me a call to congratulate me on my offer. The campus recruiter was also very responsive and attentive to any questions.

Interview Questions
  • None specifically. The questions were behavioral and related to my resume. The case interview was very basic.   Answer Question
For interns, EY only allows you to negotiate how long you have to accept the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Intern Interview

Went online to my university's job site, saw link to the interview and applied. Sent in transcripts, resume, cover letter. Was invited to pre-interview social where I got to meet a bunch of staff and met the person I interviewed with. Was a very positive experience, no really difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Realistically there was no most difficult or unexpected question, it was more of a conversational interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

The people were great. I interview with 2 of the partners and had a great conversation with them. It did not take as long as I thought it would, but I would say I did not have a regular interview. So the key is to prepare look up information about the company and try to tie it in the interview to let them know you are knowledgeable of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Did not have anything too difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EY.

I applied through a program at my school and got a risk intern interview. The interview process consisted of situational questions and a 15 minute case study prior to the interview. Going to any recruitment event or job fair will definitely bump up the chances of you getting an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions were discussed (ratios, methodologies) from the case study, just make sure that you ask questions about the case study for clarification, not simply just providing answers to the scenario in retrospect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in May 2012.

Applied through university career service. Couple days after I received interview notification. We had a group dinner at a restaurant then interview is the next day. EY hired about 2 out of 20 people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

EY interviews on campus for both their leadership program and for full-time summer/winter internships. After one round of campus interviews, you are invited to the office for a second interview if you pass the first one. I interviewed with about 4 different people at all different levels in the company, from senior managers to a partner. Mostly background info and getting to know you based on your resume. Not too difficult or strenous.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too hard- only a few behavioral questions such as a time you exhibited leadership skills   Answer Question
    phone call shortly after finishing my interview; formal written offer came within several days and I had 2 weeks to make a decision

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Campus recruiting, on site interview. (4 head to head interview, each half hour) Invited to Superday, where I was intereviewed by 4 senior managers and a Partner. Don't really have a lot of time to ask questions or go too much into detail in 30 minute interviews, but got the feeling they were more interested in learning if you are the right fit and can be "developed".

Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

I had a Telephone Interview which was a combination of technical and behavioral question. Then an onsite interview. First round was a written round that had database, coding, design related questions. After that 3 rounds of behavioral interview with senior management.

Interview Questions
    • It was straight forward interview if you have practiced enough from a technical perspective.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

EY made the hiring and interview process very enjoyable! After submitting my resume, I was flown to their city, placed in a very nice hotel overnight, and interviewed the next day. I had 3 individual interviews with 3 different employees for half an hour each, and then taken to lunch with two other employees. All the interviewers were nice and welcoming - they did not try to intimidate me, but instead tried their best to make me feel relaxed and comfortable. This friendliness really helped me feel less nervous and perform well in the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were placed in on a project/ assignment that you did not know how to approach. What did you do? What were the results?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

I did an externship that led to an internship interview. There were four interviews of about 20 minutes each with different senior managers and partners. It was fairly informal; if you get to the final interview you are qualified, and they want to make sure that the human element is there.

Interview Questions
    • None, really. They opened with the sort of canned interview questions you find on the internet, but the interviews quickly became conversations.   View Answer
    You don't really negotiate with the Big 4 coming out of college. There are a dozen more like you, and the salary difference among the firms is negligible.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!