EY

Average Difficulty
99 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Norman, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through university career service. Couple days after I received interview notification. We had a group dinner at a restaurant then interview is the next day. EY hired about 2 out of 20 people.

Interview Question – Why you want to work for us   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – EY interviews on campus for both their leadership program and for full-time summer/winter internships. After one round of campus interviews, you are invited to the office for a second interview if you pass the first one. I interviewed with about 4 different people at all different levels in the company, from senior managers to a partner. Mostly background info and getting to know you based on your resume. Not too difficult or strenous.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard- only a few behavioral questions such as a time you exhibited leadership skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – phone call shortly after finishing my interview; formal written offer came within several days and I had 2 weeks to make a decision

New York, NY

Interview Details – Campus recruiting, on site interview. (4 head to head interview, each half hour) Invited to Superday, where I was intereviewed by 4 senior managers and a Partner. Don't really have a lot of time to ask questions or go too much into detail in 30 minute interviews, but got the feeling they were more interested in learning if you are the right fit and can be "developed".

Interview Question – price a binomial option.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I had a Telephone Interview which was a combination of technical and behavioral question. Then an onsite interview. First round was a written round that had database, coding, design related questions. After that 3 rounds of behavioral interview with senior management.

Interview Question – It was straight forward interview if you have practiced enough from a technical perspective.   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – EY made the hiring and interview process very enjoyable! After submitting my resume, I was flown to their city, placed in a very nice hotel overnight, and interviewed the next day. I had 3 individual interviews with 3 different employees for half an hour each, and then taken to lunch with two other employees. All the interviewers were nice and welcoming - they did not try to intimidate me, but instead tried their best to make me feel relaxed and comfortable. This friendliness really helped me feel less nervous and perform well in the interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were placed in on a project/ assignment that you did not know how to approach. What did you do? What were the results?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Interview Details – I did an externship that led to an internship interview. There were four interviews of about 20 minutes each with different senior managers and partners. It was fairly informal; if you get to the final interview you are qualified, and they want to make sure that the human element is there.

Interview Question – None, really. They opened with the sort of canned interview questions you find on the internet, but the interviews quickly became conversations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You don't really negotiate with the Big 4 coming out of college. There are a dozen more like you, and the salary difference among the firms is negligible.

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Called me two weeks before, simply asking me what am I applying for. Then about to visit the Houston Office.

Intern

Interview Details – Like all Big 4 firms, you start off with an on-campus interview and then if you are selected for round 2, you'll go to the office that you want to spend your internship. The first interview was just going through my resume, talking about the different experiences I had, and so on. Mostly behavioral style of questions. The second interview was basically a conversation. They wanted to make sure I was able to hold a conversation with someone (future client). Not too bad really.

Interview Question – What is the one thing in life that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through college website. Then, you will be notified about a week after the deadline whether you got a first round interview or not. If they like you and feel you are EY material, you will be invited to a second round, in-house interview. After this, you will either be offered the internship or not. The process takes about 3 months if you go through the whole thing.

Interview Question – Mostly Behavior Questions, none stood out. Mostly went through resume.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Went through the school career website and eventually got through till the super day at the NY office for Technology Advisory. Interview was more evaluation based than a conversation. The case study was very vague but they give you hints to assist you. I suggest you be very well prepared as they can really dig deep into your resume.

Interview Question – How would you explain this algorithm to a 5 year old?
Time you had to deal with a difficult person?
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Intern interview questions and advice. All 99 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.