EY

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
99 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

San Juan, PR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2008.

Interview Details – I met the person in charge of Human Resources at the University of Puerto Rico Job Fair. There she took my resume and told me that she would call me for a first interview at the Puerto Rico Office. I got a call for the first interview on October 2008 where I met one of the Senior Tax Managers and told me what was expected of me as a Tax Intern. After passing this interview, I went on a second interview in December where I met one of the Tax Partners and was interviewed by three other different people. I passed the second round of interviews and got a call two weeks after telling me I got the internship during Tax Season.

Interview Question – How people describe you?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting website. Contacted via telephone to come in for "superday", which consisted of one 45 minute Case Study interview, two 45 minute behavior interviews, and one 45 minute writing prompt. The process was long and tiresome. They treated us to a very nice lunch following the interviews.

Interview Question – Give advice on the acquisition of a smaller company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Interview Details – Was asked a couple of behavioral question. Include interest, experience. Why you want to work in the firm. How you would handle certain situations. Hows well you work with in a group or alone. How you resolve conflicts. What do you see yourself doing in x years time. These types of questions.

Interview Question – Recall a situation when you have to change a plan in the last minute. how you react to it   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was great. Everyone was extremely friendly from the partners down to the staff. The office really does have a tight knit feel and that was a huge attraction for me.

Interview Questions

• What is a time in your life where you didn't live up to your expectations?   Answer Question
  • Give me an example where you worked as a team member to solve a difficult problem or reach a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For interns, they pay salary, so negotiations aren't really needed unless you feel like you could get a substantial amount more at another office

New York, NY

Interview Details – The interview process was well formed and structured. First was a behavioral interview which was to be followed by 3 more interviews on-site.

Interview Question – (Looking at a Pepsi Can) What do you think about this can? What processes were involved to make this?   View Answer

New Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

Interview Details – Good experience
It started with online application, then a telephonic inquiring wether am i interested in the job which i replied yes i am. Then I got a call for interview. Very grueling session. Consisted of skill test, GD, interview (panel/1:1)

Interview Question – Why do want to apply for our company?   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2012.

Interview Details – the interview process is very discrete, always go through a reference and do it well ahead of time. the HR is very welcoming and will consider your application fairly.intially , there will be a interaction with one of the HR managers, followed by an aptitude test and technical round. perform well and you'll be in.

Interview Question – what are your strengths and weaknesses   View Answer

Milan (Italy)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in November 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process based on 4 steps:
- 1st one: a personality written text + an English written text + an Accounting written text (30 minutes each)
- 2nd one: group assessment (1 hour)
- 3rd one: meeting with a business line senior manager for a technical interview (accounting)
- 4th one: meeting with the business line partner for assessing my motivation

Interview Question – How the 2008 financial crisis started and which solutions I would have suggested   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had a Written test, followed by group discussion, before beginning with couple of rounds of interview, HR and technical.

Interview Question – Your weaknesses   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

Interview Details – forwarded my resume, then got call from the hr fixing my date and venue.1st round was gd,then aptitude test ,technical then interview with HR

Interview Question – my gd topic was idea to become india superpower by 2020   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Intern interview questions and advice. All 99 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.